• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FA Cup 4th Round: Arsenal v Manchester United | January 25, 2019 19:55 GMT | BBC One

Who will go through to the 5th round?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

More believable then a manager not good enough for Cardiff.

Just my opinion, but its harder to manage teams with not as good players and little resources.

It's not like Ole has accomplished much yet anyway, he's only had 7 games, but we are playing a lot better.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Just my opinion, but its harder to manage teams with not as good players and little resources.

It's not like Ole has accomplished much yet anyway, he's only had 7 games, but we are playing a lot better.

Didn't SAF let Carlos Queiroz take the training sessions anyway ?

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
I believe we are winning this. I say play Rambo and instruct him to do the same to Pogba as he did with Jorginho. I don't see the need to change much of the team other then bring in AMN at RB.

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

And then later Mike Phelan.

Didn't SAF let Carlos Queiroz take the training sessions anyway ?

Yep to both, but he was overseeing it all. He was definitely more of a manager than a coach in his later years in management.

He was pretty much our everything in his peak; academy director - literally went to meet 10 year old Beckham, Giggs etc. and got them to sign, coach on the training pitch, all transfers and contract negotiations went through him. These all in one managers are pretty much a dead breed in football now. As years went by he delegated a lot more.

Last edited:

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Yep to both, but he was overseeing it all. He was definitely more of a manager than a coach in his later years in management.

He was pretty much our everything in his peak; academy director - literally went to meet 10 year old Beckham, Giggs etc. and got them to sign, coach on the training pitch, all transfers and contract negotiations went through him. These all in one managers are pretty much a dead breed in football now. As years went by he delegated a lot more.

I’m not suggesting the only factor was Wengers pride but his inability to delegate through internal and external factors was one of his shortcomings

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Right, I'll leave you to believe a 77-year-old retired man has returned to running training sessions on a daily basis after 7 years.
I don't understand why this is so unbelievable.. He has the respect and the knowledge. He could do this in a wheelchair.
Talking about the best manager the league has ever seen...

marting

Same team as against Chelsea obviously apart from Hector. Another win here would be a real statement in the race for top 4, it will bring them back to earth a little...This might not be the league but its a must win game, Lets build our momentum and halt theirs.

Lacaz1fan

Unai will outsmart the Norwegian fluke. We're home, we'll control the match and Özil will play his heart out.
Comfy 3-0 win and we move from there.

MikeVinna

Established Member
I believe we are winning this. I say play Rambo and instruct him to do the same to Pogba as he did with Jorginho. I don't see the need to change much of the team other then bring in AMN at RB.

Pogba is much more resistant to the press though. Their attack is flying high it’ll be interesting to see how/if we manage to stop them. Rashford in particular..

pikey2000

Pogba is much more resistant to the press though. Their attack is flying high it’ll be interesting to see how/if we manage to stop them. Rashford in particular..

Agreed, this smacks of the best attack wins type of game, both defenses are ropey under pressure, we will need our entire team to be on it defensively just as we were at Chelsea to get something out of this one.

Optimistic but don't see it being as easy as others are suggesting.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Ferguson was without a doubt one of the greatest managers of all time. But we should keep in mind that he had it a lot easier than Wenger, lacked the financial restrictions and could always keep key players whilst always being able to sign a top notch player once in a while as well.

He also chose the perfect time to retire which was key to maintain his almost perfect record.
The competition has gone up by more than one level since he left and he would've had to face the same questions as Mourinho or Wenger, if he wouldnt have done so.

A new era of modern coaches had arrived with fresh ideas and new cash-rich sponsors, where irrespective of Ferguson being there or not, we would've seen City and Chelsea winning most of the years.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Ferguson was without a doubt one of the greatest managers of all time. But we should keep in mind that he had it a lot easier than Wenger, lacked the financial restrictions and could always keep key players whilst always being able to sign a top notch player once in a while as well.

He also chose the perfect time to retire which was key to maintain his almost perfect record.
The competition has gone up by more than one level since he left and he would've had to face the same questions as Mourinho or Wenger, if he wouldnt have done so.

A new era of modern coaches had arrived with fresh ideas and new cash-rich sponsors, where irrespective of Ferguson being there or not, we would've seen City and Chelsea winning most of the years.
Since none of Wenger, Mourinho, Chelsea, Ferguson or City are involved here I am struggling to see the relevance of this post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom