<

FA Cup 4th Round: Arsenal v Manchester United | January 25, 2019 19:55 GMT | BBC One

Discussion in 'Match Day Archive' started by American_Gooner, Jan 19, 2019.

?

Who will go through to the 5th round?

Poll closed Jan 25, 2019.
  1. Arsenal

81.3%
  2. Manchester United

18.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

Let's be honest mesut done nothing since coming on for a guy want to get back to starting 11 that was poor display

2. Camron

Camron Established Member

Gulf in clinical finishing yes. Overall gameplay we dominated them, which in the end doesn't matter if you don't create clear cut chances.

American_Gooner likes this.
  3. Godwin1

Godwin1 Very well-known

Wait did that game have VAR?

4. Tir Na Nog

Tir Na Nog In Big Trouble If He Speaks

More worried about the impact these injuries have than the result tbh. If Sokratis and Koscielny are out for a few weeks then our season could really collapse. Could end up just going all in on the EL again.

Makingtrax and BobP like this.
  5. Furious

Furious Xhaka Propagandist

Don't know about you but I'm having a hard time watching the likes of Ramsey, Laca, Auba, etc. trying create passing combinations outside the box. It's just too rigid, and we're reliant on brilliance from one of Laca and Auba.

6. Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility

Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility Not a Closet Spurs Fan

Are ankle injuries easier to recover from than knees?

7. rich 1990

rich 1990 Men's Rights Activist

These days?:lol: When haven't they been hateable?

8. Marmaduke

Marmaduke Well-Known Member

Injuries really brought the game off the rails however our response in the final 30 min or so was extremely flat. No answers just impotent possession, for once the commentators were spot on.... just pump the ball into the box a couple of times to at least unsettle the opposition

9. Juan Matas Beard

Juan Matas Beard Friendly Mancunian facial hair

Nah **** you.

[​IMG]

Rex Banter, Troopz and OnlyOne like this.
  10. ptrcopp

ptrcopp Well-Known Member

Apparently

Godwin1 likes this.
  11. lamby22

lamby22 It's Not Lupus

The Neville brothers more or less kicked Reyes out of English football. Thugs.

Godwin1 likes this.
  12. squallman

squallman Still Pining for Wenger

I remember when the consensus was that we had great players and it was Wenger holding them back with his outdated management and tactics.

blaze_of_glory likes this.
  13. Jury

Jury Mission Accomplished

If we're talking about injuries, then I agree. Wenger did get caned unfairly when we lost due to the squad being decimated, but it was just the same old crap and people were tired of the whole thing. I don't even know the point of bringing up Wenger anyway. If anyone thinks Wenger got a raw deal, then Emery is getting a raw deal as well, and you should be defending Emery.

krengon, Camron, Tir Na Nog and 2 others like this.
  14. Marmaduke

Marmaduke Well-Known Member

Depends on what happens, although knees are generally more long-term on average in my opinion.

15. ptrcopp

ptrcopp Well-Known Member

To be fair, tactics haven’t really changed...

16. bingobob

bingobob Fan of Technicians Who Show Great Character

It doesn't. But he still needs time. For me the time is 12 months from now. 3 windows. Are we improving. Has he improved things. Until then and it's just my opinion and also difficult to swallow we need to be supportive and if we are to be criticial it has to be constructive. And constructively we are out of a competition that now allows us to focus on our main competitions the Europa League and the PL. Given our injuries it's good we have one less competition to play. Let's get bodies in and get going again.

Furious likes this.
  17. OnlyOne

OnlyOne Vinai Venkatesham Stan

I thought we looked a lot more like getting a 2nd when he came on and then suddenly it's 3-1. Makes it hard.

18. NieThePiet

NieThePiet Loves Overhyping Our Rivals

Not an opinion for every one:

Our offensive isn't much better than our defense. Auba, Laca, Ramsey and Özil are/were top players of the league - but there is no system how to use them.

19. blaze_of_glory

blaze_of_glory Moderator Moderator

Yup, now the squad is **** and nobody could be expected to have any success with them.

20. Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility

Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility Not a Closet Spurs Fan

Koscielny should be fine within a week. Will probably need a facemask

Tir Na Nog likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.