• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FA Cup 4th Round: Arsenal v Manchester United | January 25, 2019 19:55 GMT | BBC One

Who will go through to the 5th round?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Don't think anybody really wants him out, not seriously anyway.

He's done some stupid ****. How can you deny that?

I liked what he did prior to the United away game. Then everything went to **** with some ridiculous decisions.
Of course he’s done some stupid stuff, I’ve criticised him for his decision making for the entire month from Southampton to West Ham. People are rewriting history though and making it seem like he did nothing good in the months before that.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I thought we looked a lot more like getting a 2nd when he came on and then suddenly it's 3-1. Makes it hard.
Tbh I'm not even mad at Mesut. I'm just tipping the balance of unjust criticism! I know what type of player he is and I never expected him to turn anything around tbh. Not to cane him too much, but with Özil, you always hope rather than expect. I hope he's back in the reckoning now.

Lakersgooner24

Established Member
Knocked out by **** at home in the League Cup. Knocked out by **** at home in the FA Cup. Emery better bring his Europa League magic (not confident in getting top 4), or fans will turn on him fast, rightly or wrongly. He's already lost a lot of the goodwill he built up in the early part of the season.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Watching manutd are nothing special Ole just made them organised and play on counter defensively they still poor

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Perhaps the reason Wenger got so many years is because of his early mid 00s success?

What has Emery done for us in comparison?
In 1997 the outlook was very different. There was no mega money the CL hadn't the appeal it currently has or the money. Our team didnt require surgery either at a huge outlay. 15m was also the record transfer fee which today wouldnt be enough to buy Dennis Suarez. Completely different environments. But sure feel free to compare.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
The squad isn't all that bad. Just lacks variety in terms of profile of players. Teams with pace will absolutely kill us.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

If we're talking about injuries, then I agree. Wenger did get caned unfairly when we lost due to the squad being decimated, but it was just the same old crap and people were tired of the whole thing. I don't even know the point of bringing up Wenger anyway. If anyone thinks Wenger got a raw deal, then Emery is getting a raw deal as well, and you should be defending Emery.

You also have to factor in this is just halfway into Emery's first season with a team need still needs serious additions to get to where we want to be and now we're having an injury crisis on top of that. To say Emery's getting a raw deal is a bit of an understatement, there's a select few who're jumping on him at any opportunity.

It makes no difference tho, he'll almost certainly get the 2 years anyways since he's tight with Raul and rumours of Monchi now too. I think 2 years is enough time to judge and we'll be able to reflect after the 2 years to see if he can continue.

Marmaduke

That was proven when he had prime Cazorla, Koscielny, Mertesacker, Monreal, Cazorla, Özil and Alexis yet lost the league to Leicester
That year was weird in general. All the top teams were out of sorts. As much as I would have wanted Arsenal to just win the darn thing, the Leicester story is truly incredible.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Let's be honest mesut done nothing since coming on for a guy want to get back to starting 11 that was poor display

The lad just wants to go home and play fortnite. It’s tactical.

If he shows no hunger or urgency in his play similar to the Southampton away sub appearance. He’ll get dropped for another 3 weeks but still pocket 350k.

ollesafeee.jpg

Özil has outsmarted Emery.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Of course he’s done some stupid stuff, I’ve criticised him for his decision making for the entire month from Southampton to West Ham. People are rewriting history though and making it seem like he did nothing good in the months before that.
I think he’ll have a good game plan for the Super Bowl. Has to get it right. Doesn’t have any other choice.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Tbh I'm not even mad at Mesut. I'm just tipping the balance of unjust criticism! I know what type of player he is and I never expected him to turn anything around tbh. Not to cane him too much, but with Özil, you always hope rather than expect. I hope he's back in the reckoning now.

I mean you look at the bench as well, he was the only obvious choice. Need the elite Suarez and Nkunku.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom