• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FA Cup 5th Round: Portsmouth v Arsenal | Monday, March 2 | KO: 19:45 GMT | BT Sport

Who will go through to the Quarter-Final?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I've always loved the FA Cup especially our wins. However, if we can't make top 4, I see no point winning this to spend another season in the EL which results in us playing catch up in the PL. It was okay when it came with CL qualification but if as many said, the FA Cup wins brought Wenger time he didn't deserve, I don't want this to ease the pressure at board level. I hate seeing us losing but so much of the good we do seems to be bad for us as a club atm. That said, I'll cheer any goal we score.

Ashybashy86

Why people not bothered about this? It's last chance to win trophy this season and for a season what it has been disaster winning a trophy would be positive end.
Would be nice, but will mean nothing in the grand scheme of things. I'd expect Sp*rs or a smaller club to see winning it as positive.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Would be nice, but will mean nothing in the grand scheme of things. I'd expect Sp*rs or a smaller club to see winning it as positive.
So why do we support a club? Isn't football supposed to be all about trophies? I know fa cup is not PL or CL or even EL but it's nice trophy to have and add to our 13.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
So why do we support a club? Isn't football supposed to be all about trophies? I know fa cup is not PL or CL or even EL but it's nice trophy to have and add to our 13.
It will be wonderful to win this if it comes with the miracle of CL qualification. The club is bleeding to death and the FA Cup is a plaster that we'll soon forget if the close season and new season don't go well.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Why people not bothered about this? It's last chance to win trophy this season and for a season what it has been disaster winning a trophy would be positive end.

Because while it is a trophy winning the FA cup doesnt help to built for next season. It doesnt lure players nor provide financial rewards whereas getting into champions league enables the club to attract better players and provide more money. Unfortunately that is what is needed for the club to go forward. We won FA cups in the past and we went backwards.

People bang on about Wenger and top 4 but he didnt use that to the clubs advantage. Signing mediocre players and dilly dallying over a million here and a million there.

Arteta would maybe learn from that.

So while the FA cup is something its just not a priority or enough. Like you being in debt of £1000 and having the chance to win £20 quid in a free raffle. It's a bonus but not enough.

roz

Fake News Merchant
Because while it is a trophy winning the FA cup doesnt help to built for next season. It doesnt lure players nor provide financial rewards whereas getting into champions league enables the club to attract better players and provide more money. Unfortunately that is what is needed for the club to go forward. We won FA cups in the past and we went backwards.

People bang on about Wenger and top 4 but he didnt use that to the clubs advantage. Signing mediocre players and dilly dallying over a million here and a million there.

Arteta would maybe learn from that.

So while the FA cup is something its just not a priority or enough. Like you being in debt of £1000 and having the chance to win £20 quid in a free raffle. It's a bonus but not enough.
win trophies, go backwards. Legit logic right there

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
win trophies, go backwards. Legit logic right there

Did we win fa cups a few years back? Where are we now?

You would argue a black cat was white. Nobody ever said they signed for Arsenal to win FA cups.

An FA cup does not make Arsenal look anymore attractive than without one. If we arent playing in Champions League we are signing mediocre players. Simple as. And that in turn means we stay crap.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Sick of these shiyte “fans” that think the FA cup is beneath us or not worth the energy. Disgraceful. Why even be interested in football? Why follow a team ? Why join a football forum? Weirdos.

Sir Klopp, football master and president of the universe doesn't like it so it must be rubbish.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Sir Klopp, football master and president of the universe doesn't like it so it must be rubbish.

Yeah hes too busy polishing his champions league and in the process of ordering more polish for the incoming PL trophy. When he joined he said in 4 years he would have a league title. 4th year he has delivered and more. Notice that the FA cup wasnt his stepping stone. It was breaking into the top 4 and attracting better players.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Yeah hes too busy polishing his champions league and in the process of ordering more polish for the incoming PL trophy. When he joined he said in 4 years he would have a league title. 4th year he has delivered and more. Notice that the FA cup wasnt his stepping stone. It was breaking into the top 4 and attracting better players.

That's nice and all but none of it makes the FA Cup not important

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
That's nice and all but none of it makes the FA Cup not important

Nobody is saying it is completely unimportant. What we are saying is that it will not improve our options for next year or our potential to kick on. Why? Because it has been proven.

Plus what in the world makes fans think we have any chance of winning it when we cant beat Olympiakos at home.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

...a hard fought draw in our nearly season of 2007-2008, some proper Arsenal heroes in the Portsmouth team.

Arsenal fans singing "Almunia, England's number one" :lol:

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
This would literally be THE season to go for the domestic cup considering our season is all but over.

People still finding a way to make it seem pointless though, I guess this is why this tournament isnt considered as prestigious as it used to be. People unecessarily ****ting on it.

Reactions: A_G

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Martinelli-----------Nketiah----------Nelson
---------------------------Willock
------------------Guendouzi---Torreira
AMN------------Mari--------Holding-------Sokratis
--------------------------Martinez

Most likely if we heavily rotate. Wouldn't be surprised to see Lacazette and Özil start though with AMN in a ditch somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom