• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FA Cup Final: Arsenal v Aston Villa - 30/5/15, 17:30 - BT Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

remains

Walcott really should be starting this one. He looked sharp in the two substitute appearances in the games before his blinder against West Brom. It's tricky to decide who to drop though. Cazorla or Giroud should be making way imo.

This is probably irrelevant though as we all know Wenger will go back to his clusterfuck with Ramsey out wide.

elber82

I would go with this:

Wojo

Hector - BFG - Kosc - Nacho

Coq - Rambo

Özil - Santi - Alexis

Theo

If it's clearly not working by the hour mark, get the big donkey on, move Theo wide. Santi off for JW.

14_4

I echo some of the members feelings here with regards to Theo. I'm really itching for him to start the final, he gives us something different. While we play very narrowly and most of our players get attracted to the ball, consequently crowding the middle, when theo plays he offers width, he stretches the pitch, he makes runs behind the defensive line. Its just a breath of fresh air when he plays.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
My team for the final

----------------------Ospina
Bellerin - Messisacker - Bosscielny - Nacho Man
------------------- Le Coq - Caz
------------------Theo - Özil - Sanchez
-----------------------Bendtner

Gervais

Established Member
My team for the final

----------------------Ospina
Bellerin - Messisacker - Bosscielny - Nacho Man
------------------- Le Coq - Caz
------------------Theo - Özil - Sanchez
-----------------------Bendtner
No Walcott? Disappointed iirc.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Put your house on Cazorla lining up in the first XI. He hasn't been rested or dropped for god knows how long even despite recent patchy performances.

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible
It'll be interesting to see if Sherwood's been paying attention to us these past few weeks and adapts his tactics to play a more cautious game, otherwise we could well take them to the cleaners.

I think we'll win this either way, but if Villa show a sensible approach they certainly have the players to hurt us.

So in last five games our main goalthreat has been Wilshere and Walcot. Am I right? Hopefully Wenger have been taking notes.

But this is matter of principle for Wenger, he has been playing Cazorla-deep-and-Ramsey-at-right-wing for so long time that he really want's it to work.

cannonade

Established Member
So in last five games our main goalthreat has been Wilshere and Walcot. Am I right? Hopefully Wenger have been taking notes.

But this is matter of principle for Wenger, he has been playing Cazorla-deep-and-Ramsey-at-right-wing for so long time that he really want's it to work.
Wenger seems to be stubborn like that, but in all fairness, we've had buckets of goal threats, just no goals. I imagine Wenger we'll keep with what's been working possession-wise and defensive-wise and just bank on the logical belief that quality players like Cazorla, Özil, Giroud, Ramsey, and Alexis are due for some goals after their respective droughts.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Timmy will definitely park the biggest bus he can hire, and play on the break. To be fair, he's far better equipped to do that than Swansea and Hull were.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I'd love to see either/both Theo and Wilshere start, but Wenger is generally quite loyal to his players. I just can't see him dropping anyone that would need to make way. Great to have Wilshere on the bench, he changed the game last year.

Prawn Sandwich

Non Old Firm Scottish Cup final as the early kick off and FA Cup as the late afternoon game with Arsenal starring. A good day for football.

arsenalhumor

Wenger seems to be stubborn like that, but in all fairness, we've had buckets of goal threats, just no goals. I imagine Wenger we'll keep with what's been working possession-wise and defensive-wise and just bank on the logical belief that quality players like Cazorla, Özil, Giroud, Ramsey, and Alexis are due for some goals after their respective droughts.

Dont forget extra time management. I expect the less fit and trusted to start (sanchez, giroud, cazorla) and give way to walcott , wilshere ox towards the 70th minute to manage for extra time fitness issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom