• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FA Cup Final: Arsenal v Aston Villa - 30/5/15, 17:30 - BT Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
I think Opsina will play in the final.

In contrast to last season, Wenger hasn't started his #2 GK for the last game of the season (Fabianski started at Norwich), ahead of the Cup final.
With an eye on the break between Szczesny's last appearance and the final, I can't see Wenger going for him.

SiMamu

Part time Leeds fan
Sorry, lads, but Aston Villa are going to win this. Preston won at Wembley with their ex-Leeds players, Norwich did likewise the following say. Now Villa will do likewise with Delph, who will provide the crowning moment of lifting it too. Really sorry about this.

---------------------Szczesny
Bellerin-Mertesacker-Koscielny-Monreal
----------------------Coquelin
-------------------Özil-Ramsey
Wilshere------------Walcott--------Alexis

Subs: Ospina, Gibbs, Gabriel, Cazorla, Rosicky, Chamberlain, Giroud

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Who do they have instead?

Can't be worse than Okore, lad turns slower than a ship.

No idea what you're on about. Okore is probably one of the quickest CBs in the league. He's also been Villas best defender from what I've seen/read since he came back from a year long injury.

I'm guessing Vlaar and Clark will start. Vlaar has had an absolutely woeful season.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Moving to the spot Arsenal was born on FA Cup final day, it can only be a good sign right?

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
No idea what you're on about. Okore is probably one of the quickest CBs in the league. He's also been Villas best defender from what I've seen/read since he came back from a year long injury.

I'm guessing Vlaar and Clark will start. Vlaar has had an absolutely woeful season.

He's quick one he gets going yeah, but still turns like a ship.

Giroud and Pelle were killing him for pace, ffs. Lad is ****e from what I've seen.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Okore ws disasterous when they got batered by southampton

Stevo the Villan

Established Member

Recently Okore has been pretty shocking to be honest.

He's going to be a great player, but at the moment he's very raw. Full of silly mistakes.
But he has been playing with an injury (which I'm guessing is what's flared up to keep him out of the final) so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

It might be a blessing in disguise that he's out for the final.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
So in last five games our main goalthreat has been Wilshere and Walcot. Am I right? Hopefully Wenger have been taking notes.

But this is matter of principle for Wenger, he has been playing Cazorla-deep-and-Ramsey-at-right-wing for so long time that he really want's it to work.

To be fair, it had been. I'm not sure Wenger is as stubborn as many here believe. He'll go for the team he feels is most likely to win, and I'll be surprised if we don't.

FinnGooner

Established Member
Pressure is on so I don't expect us to play well. We might still win but I don't expect a stellar performance. That said, I don't care how we win as long as we win.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me

In contrast to last season, Wenger hasn't started his #2 GK for the last game of the season (Fabianski started at Norwich), ahead of the Cup final.
With an eye on the break between Szczesny's last appearance and the final, I can't see Wenger going for him.

I hope you're right. The defence always seems jittery when Sczc is behind them. I know Ospina got some stick recently but generally he's been safe.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
I'm gonna miss this with work, might try avoid it and watch it Saturday night.

For some reason I don't think it'll be nervy any more, before I thought this had upset written all over it but now I'm confident.

Plutarch

BBC are going back to a whole day of FA Cup, morning til late. I posted about it in the FA Cup thread last week when it was announced. See if I can find it again.

• BBC devotes whole day of programming to FA Cup Final 2015

Back to the old days :) Here's the link: http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/latestnews/2015/fa-cup-final-2015
I strongly suspect the BBC were hoping Gerrard would be involved - his last game for Liverpool. Imagine a whole day of that. It would have been a nightmare!

Iceman10

Established Member

Think you are right, the last PL match was more or less a dead rubber, even if Scz played bad he wouldn't have been responsible for United making up a goal difference of something like +7 (IIRC). Pretty ignominious ending if this is indeed how it ends (on the back of missing out on last year's final, to Fabianski). I did say early in the season that he risked sticking out like a sore thumb more and more as we picked up players of the calibre of Sanchez, Özil, and Cazorla. He's not David de Gea or Manuel Neuer. He could be in the future, but something's just not quite right atm.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
I think its going to be a great final.
Last one was too, but I am sure we're gonna start this one better but at the sae time I am sure Villa will give us more trouble on the pitch then Hull did with set pieces.
I am always confident, this time its no different. Am about to watch reply of he last year final, something Wenger might doint at the same time, and then takong care it doesnt go that way again. We'll play smart, we'll move a lot at pace, and try to dominate the whole game. I wonder who's gonna start up front, cause its a huge difference in our game having Giroud up front or Theo.
Oli might look better on paper, so he can fight their CB's, but then again, Theo could drive them nuts by his runs and pace, leaving more room for Alexis, Ramsey and Özil to do the damage.

Ospina will be our Gk. last year situation with Fabianski is a proof, which is kinda unexpected to be honest. It surely means Woj wont be here next year

Refo

Considering Wenger has been sticking with Welbeck over Giroud during the cup run, I'm hoping he goes to Walcott. Not simply because I'm tired of no pace and movement, but because AV under Sherwood have been playing a more open game. Sherwood had Tottenham playing a high line last season, and Arsenal killed that back 4. He's been doing the same at times with AV, so there will definitely be chances for Walcott to get something done.

blaze_of_glory

Can't start worse than we did last year, so right away we should be in a better position for this one.

Villa are probably a better team than Hull were, but are not in great form. Then again, it all goes out the window in a cup final. I do think we'll be much more confident and composed after what we went through last time. There was massive pressure to end the trophy drought last year, and it almost got the better of our players. This time there is a different sort of pressure, but we have the experience of winning a final to draw on.

Can see Alexis just taking this game by the scruff of the neck tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom