<

FA Cup Final: Arsenal vs Chelsea Saturday 1st August | KO: 17:30 BST | BBC 1

Discussion in 'Match Day Archive' started by Rex Banter, Jul 26, 2020.

?

Who will win the biggest match since last year’s EL final?

Poll closed Aug 1, 2020.
  1. Arsenal

70.0%
  2. Chelsea

30.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dashsnow17

dashsnow17 Established Member

Took a break to watch Apocalypse Now but i'm back at it, heard we're the greatest team the world has ever seen?

Elwood, El Duderino and Taxi Driver like this.
  2. The_Playmaker

The_Playmaker Established Member

Couldn't catch it live unfortunately, just watched it all on bt sport. That was a hard watch commentary wise. They literally didn't stop talking about Chelsea during and after the match.

Tough start to the game that highlighted physical limitations in players, but on the ball they showed courage. I thought Ceballos, Pepe, Bellerin, Luiz and Tierney really caught the eye today. AMN was solid and Auba spectacular when needed.

I was really harsh on Ceballos, but he is starting to win me over. Really takes responsibility, but also highlights how much Xhaka isn't needed.

3. Gooner416

Gooner416 Well-Known Member

BT was excessively cringe over the Kovacic sending off and was milking the Chavs it was embarrassing. When my gf who couldn't give a bollock about football and calls them out and says shouldn't commentators be unbiased, you know it's bad.

RacingPhoton and CaseUteinberger like this.
  4. Gooner416

Gooner416 Well-Known Member

Amazing amazing result. In our worst season in over 20 years to ending up with another FA cup. Unbelievable. Mikel is the man.

5. dashsnow17

dashsnow17 Established Member

Anyone else seen this gem?

6. say yes

say yes Thread Title Abuser

7. Fallout

Fallout Well-Known Member

you can tell he has the confidence of a real madrid player, with the expectation of dominating midfields.

Elwood and RacingPhoton like this.
  8. Manberg

Manberg Predator

Difficult question here.

Would you prefer our season over Chelsea and that of Manchester United?
    For context, we finished 8th but won the FA cup where as they finished 3rd and 4th without winning anything

I certainly prefer our season. FA Cup is the biggest domestic cup competition in the world, the memories and the history is priceless. We finished in the Champions league for so many years consecutively without winning anything and it did next to nothing for us.

9. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Dishonest To His Federation

Travel Iceland solo and experience pure beautiful nature. Hit me up and I showmyoy wat man vs nature is all about.

Tir Na Nog likes this.
  10. boxerumble

boxerumble Well-Known Member

if you’re ever feeling lonely and want a good time, send me a DM.

brilliant

EinmalImmerEwig likes this.
  11. El Duderino

El Duderino 99 Problems But A Mitch Ain't One Trusted

[​IMG]

12. boxerumble

boxerumble Well-Known Member

With utmost respect, this is a dumb question. Top 4 trumps this cup win no doubt. We’ve won the FA cup enough. Let’s not forget we are back in Europe yes, but with less money coming in and playing Steaua Bucharest as opposed to a beautiful night in Paris v PSG

Artisan likes this.
  13. Manberg

Manberg Predator

I don’t get excited about losing 10-2 to Bayern Munich I get depressed. People say finishing in the top 4 has big financial benefits but we did it every year for 17 or so years and gradually got worse. I didn’t see that financial benefit.

BigPoppaPump likes this.
  14. GeorgiaGunner

GeorgiaGunner Closet United Fan

It would have been way, way, worse without the ~50mm a year from CL.

The reason it felt 'worse' was because City and Chelsea were financial doping.

15. Red London

Red London Well-Known Member

You don't tell your grandkids that you qualified for the CL, you dont get any medal.

Yes its at the top of clubs priorities due to the finances around football but nothing beats winning a cup.

16. Manberg

Manberg Predator

What 50m? In 2015 we won the FA cup and finished third. The following transfer window all we bought was Cech for £10m.

BigPoppaPump likes this.
  17. MLK79

MLK79 Well-Known Member

He was just checking how farther back his hairline went during the match.

18. EinmalImmerEwig

EinmalImmerEwig Only Wants British Players At Arsenal

I'll take the Cup win and some smaller teams in Europe.
    The Cup is magic, and the date can't be forgotten. 30, 36, 50, 71, 79, etc.

DanDare, andeoch1 and Manberg like this.
  19. EinmalImmerEwig

EinmalImmerEwig Only Wants British Players At Arsenal

You're welcome
    check it and see if it needs any alterations/whatever, and don't hesitate to ask if you have any other ideas/wishes
    As for the good time, I will definitely bear it in mind! :cool:

20. Axel9090

Axel9090 Well-Known Member

For me, Id also take the cup as well over top 4, its the next best thing in England after the premier league. Feels good to be the most dominant team in this competition.

Camron, blaze_of_glory and Manberg like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.