FA Cup Final I Arsenal v Chelsea I 5.30pm, Saturday May 27th

Discussion in 'Match Day Archive' started by mm76again..., May 22, 2017.

?

Who will win?

1. Arsenal

58 vote(s)
    58.6%
  2. Chelsea

41 vote(s)
    41.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mm76again...

mm76again... Active Member

Let's get talking about this exciting game coming up folks :):):);):cool:

COYG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The final PL game v Everton game saw us lose two central defenders, Koscielny with a suspension and Gabriel also is very unlikely to feature after being stretchered off, after a very good first half against Everton.

Mustafi was 'ill' for that game, but hopefully will be back for the final, and while Sanchez is bound to start, he is probably not going to be 100% fit after showing various signs of wear and tear in the last few matches.

Chelsea have finished the season in rampant form, and after winning 5-1 yesterday will be even firmer favourites to win the final.

BUT anything can happen on the day of course, and even with injury problems, who cares it's Arsenal vs Chelsea - COYG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

If Arsenal win we go clear of Moan United and have a record 13 victories :):cool:

Get into the spirit and back the gunners you people

COYG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 22, 2017
  2. Penn_

Penn_ Established Member

Be interesting to see who we go with at RB. Before his injury Ox looked nailed on, but Bellerin looked back to his best yesterday and we will likely need the extra defensive security with the CB situation.

I think it'll be tighter than people are expecting. We beat them at home and it was 50/50 at their ground until Bellerin got knocked out.

Kellie Price likes this.
  3. Preacher

Preacher Anti-Ornstein

We need to remember, that until now Ospina was our FA cup GK.

4. mm76again...

i'd prefer to forget that - surely Wenger will put Cech in?

LGooner98, karl and albakos like this.
  5. Preacher

Preacher Anti-Ornstein

Ospina will leave in the summer, so it would be logical to put Cech in. However Fabianski played instead of Szczesny when situation was similar in 2014.

6. GoonerJeeves

GoonerJeeves Up The Terriers

The expectations are probably on Chelsea to comfortably win this, and as such, there should not be too much pressure on our lot.

In some ways it feels like a sideshow to the season, I hope the players do not feel the same way.

7. kraphtous

kraphtous Raul Stanllehi

Cech
    Holding Mertesacker Monreal
    Bellerin Xhaka Ramsey Oxlade-Chamberlain
    Özil Walcott Alexis​

Will definitely concede but hopefully a little bit of magic from our forwards can save us/take us to extra time. I'm hoping Walcott starts because he plays well against Chelsea and can score some big goals-- scored in our last FA Cup final too.

8. mm76again...

We should start with Perez - secret weapon ;)

9. Preacher

Preacher Anti-Ornstein

If we won't concede in first 20 min, I'll feel more optimistic.

krackpot likes this.
  10. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

Kosh gonna be such a big lose and if Mustafi didn't make it that gonna be bigger trouble hope Mustafi at least be fit.
    I'll go with:

Cech
    Holding Mustafi Monreal
    Bellerin Xhaka Ramsey Ox
    Özil Alexis
    Welbeck

11. yousif_arsenal

It gonna be close game we must be really solid defensively if we want any chance to win this trophy.

12. albakos

albakos Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you" Administrator

With two injured CB and doubts over Mustafi illness, we're at bare bones. Per is too short on fitness to start.

Does anyone know if we're allowed to have Chambers play in final ? If so, he could provide a nice addition to right side of back 3

Also what's the status of Chamberlain ?

It's anyone's guess of what formation Arsène chooses with so may questions over availability of players, but ideally we would set up

Cech
    Bellerin (Chambers ?) - Mustafi - Holding
    Chamberlain - Ramsey - Xhaka - Monreal
    Özil - Welbeck - Sanchez
    If Gibbs is starting in wingback role in order with Nacho in CB, then we're in for a long day with Pedro/Willian/Moses tormenting our left side.

I'd hate to see any of Gibbs, Walcott or Per starting.

Mrs Bergkamp and Impact like this.
  13. yousif_arsenal

No Chambers won't be here he'll be back to the club in 1st of June.

14. Mark Tobias

Mark Tobias Mr. Agreeable

Not optimistic about this after all the injuries and suspensions. Not happy.

15. Jasard

Jasard Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Think we will get smashed, the defense is a mess and Ospina will play. Least I've ever been excited for a cup final.

16. yousif_arsenal

i don't Ospina should play this one Cech played in Semi Final and he is on form he should keep his place.

17. Garrincha

Garrincha Wilf Zaha Aficionado

Hate back up keepers playing finals especially when they are tiny vs Diego Costa.

It was insane playing Fabianski on his way out... Could have ended so differently when he ran out of his box late on. Full Almunia.

albakos likes this.
  18. Penn_

Penn_ Established Member

Coquelin played CB be in pre season ;)

Impact and Ewarwoowar like this.
  19. Mark Tobias

Mark Tobias Mr. Agreeable

Doesn't the loan go until June?

20. mm76again...

quite possibly but he actually didn't look too shabby yesterday and his experience of big games is unquestionable

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.