• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FA Cup I Nottingham Forest v Arsenal I 7/1/18 I 4pm GMT | BT Sport

Who would win in a fight?

• Vasyl Lomachenko

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Arséne Wenger

Votes: 11 57.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marmaduke

Zidane inherited a team full of multi million pound superstars and some would argue the best player to ever play the game. It would be far easier to get a tune out of those players than Arteta; who would inherit a team full of mismatched journeyman that will have been freshly stripped of its two best players, with no champions league football to attract top class replacements and a board that is tighter than a nats arsehole stretched over a rainbow!

The way things stand we need a miracle to get this club back on track.

I would personally opt for an experienced hand like Ancelotti or (gasp) yes.. a Rafa type coach. You know you won't go spiraling into oblivion with them.

The riskiest I'd go is one of those passionate nutcases like Klopp or Simeone.

Arteta could prove to a revelation and exceptional coach but theres also a chance of him being a dismal failure. I've been pro-Wenger my whole life and most recently on the basis of stability (although, yes I think a change would be needed provided its a perfect one at least on paper) so it would be hypocritical for me to fully endorse that idea.

***Also, as mentioned by @Batman, Zidane has got probably the world's most respected CVs as a player, so managing big egos is undeniably a strong suite of his (and probably the biggest factor for a club like Real). We just need a good, progressive coach.

Enfield

Established Member
Am I the only one who is thinks Wenger is getting a bit too much stick for his team selection.

Prior to kick off we all felt that the second team should be well able to handle a Forest team sliding down the championship and without a manager

Also what happens if we are pushing for a winner and some thug goes through Özil with 15mins left.

I guarantee that everyone on here will take an opposite view to todays opinion.

Also lets not forget that while the embarrassing set up for the first goal from the free kick happened while grown men, professionals no less, stood there and let it happen.

If Mertesacker is taking the reins with the young lads next summer I dearly hope he wakes up a little and teaches the lads to thin about the game they are playing.

The senior players on the pitch have as much to answer for as Wenger and Bould

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
The senior players on the pitch have as much to answer for as Wenger and Bould
You mean those same 'senior' players which WENGER & BOULD are responsible for sticking with? Out of all those so called senior players on the field, not one would make it into our rivals squads...
Mertesacker - Well past it. Slow as ever, yet we played a high line.... Kak coaching that.
Walcott - The epitome of what is wrong with contract negotiations at this club. Should have been binned years ago.
Welbeck - Is he really a senior player. Headless chicken who couldn't find the net in a fishing trawler
Elneny - Denilson 2.0. Goes sideways, sideways and sideways. Watched the volleyed goal go in. Pathetic signing.
Ospina - I like this player. But not for this league. It is blatantly clear he is too small for this league!!!
Debuchy - Been sulking for two years now. Could have brought back Bacary on a free. "mr consistent" we called him.

We've had ample opportunity to upgrade those players yet Wenger persists with them season after season.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Am I the only one who is thinks Wenger is getting a bit too much stick for his team selection.
He dd the right thing. Most of the first XI players needed a breather after the Christmas period and the players that did start at Forest should have been good enough to win.

Wenger prioritised the CC SF and rightfully so imo.

Lookin' for a new Baby

New name pending...
You mean those same 'senior' players which WENGER & BOULD are responsible for sticking with? Out of all those so called senior players on the field, not one would make it into our rivals squads...
Mertesacker - Well past it. Slow as ever, yet we played a high line.... Kak coaching that.
Walcott - The epitome of what is wrong with contract negotiations at this club. Should have been binned years ago.
Welbeck - Is he really a senior player. Headless chicken who couldn't find the net in a fishing trawler
Elneny - Denilson 2.0. Goes sideways, sideways and sideways. Watched the volleyed goal go in. Pathetic signing.
Ospina - I like this player. But not for this league. It is blatantly clear he is too small for this league!!!
Debuchy - Been sulking for two years now. Could have brought back Bacary on a free. "mr consistent" we called him.

We've had ample opportunity to upgrade those players yet Wenger persists with them season after season.
This, also, El Neny gets stick for sideways, but they all do it , Wenger must coach them to do it, part of his strategy.

Enfield

Established Member

I'm not arguing that those players are the second coming of the invincibles however I think they can be reasonable expected to handle a poor managerless team from the championship in a competent manner without it coming down on Wenger alone.

If we shift all those players then who do you replace them with. Kids or other adequate at best players who don't drain our budget and prevent us getting someone like Lamar

Preacher

Always Crying
He dd the right thing. Most of the first XI players needed a breather after the Christmas period and the players that did start at Forest should have been good enough to win.

Wenger prioritised the CC SF and rightfully so imo.
I don't have a problem with Wenger's selected starting eleven, but bench was too weak. Lacazette, Alexis and Özil should have been on the bench.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
If we shift all those players then who do you replace them with. Kids or other adequate at best players who don't drain our budget and prevent us getting someone like Lamar
You're being a bit ridiculous. We have had ample time to replace ALL those players. We only have ourselves to blame for not getting rid at the right times. It wouldn't all happen at once. This is a build up of several seasons of mismanagement... We've had more than two season to replace EVERY single one of them bar Elneny.

Mertesacker - SHould have gone after the World CUp.
Walcott - Should have been sold to Liverpool while they wanted him
Welbeck - You're telling me we can;t replace this guy??????
Elneny - Should never have been signed.
Ospina - Plenty time to replace. Scez ring any bells....
Debuchy - I put the replacement as the reason... Could have brought back Bacary on a free. "mr consistent" we called him.

Enfield

Established Member
You're being a bit ridiculous. We have had ample time to replace ALL those players. We only have ourselves to blame for not getting rid at the right times. It wouldn't all happen at once. This is a build up of several seasons of mismanagement... We've had more than two season to replace EVERY single one of them bar Elneny.

Mertesacker - SHould have gone after the World CUp.
Walcott - Should have been sold to Liverpool while they wanted him
Welbeck - You're telling me we can;t replace this guy??????
Elneny - Should never have been signed.
Ospina - Plenty time to replace. Scez ring any bells....
Debuchy - I put the replacement as the reason... Could have brought back Bacary on a free. "mr consistent" we called him.

If you sell all those players you will get peanuts in return. You then need to spend some money to get another 6 players. That expenditure will drain your resources to sign a top player for 75mil odd

I would also have kept Scezsny (close enough spelling) however Sagna was slipping while he was here and there is a reason City left him off on a free and no one else took him.

We need to sign another 5 players who won't make the starting team, therefore we could still have lost to Forest if the replacements were not big enough and even someway football intelligent to stop making novice mistakes that we saw on Sunday.

Dont get me wrong, I'm not letting Wenger away with anything however I think team selection is not the rod to beat him with

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
If you sell all those players you will get peanuts in return.
You're missing my point. We'd have made money on a wolrd cup winning Mertesacker... Now we won't but if we had sold when we should have we would have earned money for it.
Walcott is another point. A few seasons back Liverpool were willing to throw half their transfer kitty at this idiot. WE DEFINITELY WOULD HAVE MADE MONEY.
Welbeck..... We can get our 16m back for this lad in this market. Maybe even 20.
Ospina, won't be worth poo at the end of this season. COuld have bveen sold in the summer.
Debuchy. This is a tricky one.

Enfield

Established Member
You're missing my point. We'd have made money on a wolrd cup winning Mertesacker... Now we won't but if we had sold when we should have we would have earned money for it.
Walcott is another point. A few seasons back Liverpool were willing to throw half their transfer kitty at this idiot. WE DEFINITELY WOULD HAVE MADE MONEY.
Welbeck..... We can get our 16m back for this lad in this market. Maybe even 20.
Ospina, won't be worth poo at the end of this season. COuld have bveen sold in the summer.
Debuchy. This is a tricky one.

I understand what you are getting at but all of those players weren't terrible at the time. Its the equivalent of selling someone like Bellerin now. He probably should turn out to be top player but if he continues to slide we could look back in 18 months time and say we should have sold them

Even if we were to get rootless and start selling more, I think it is unlikely that Stan lets Arsène keep all the money to buy players.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I understand what you are getting at but all of those players weren't terrible at the time. .
Sorry, but that isn't true.
Welbeck is no worse than he has always been. Ospina has not declined either. If anything his best season was last season. Walcott has been a walking disaster for years. ANyone who can't see that doesn't understand this game. Pace merchant and nothing more.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Can't agree it was the right decision. League cup over an FA cup. WTF!
He's in the semi-finals of one already. No guarantees about making it that far in the FA Cup, so he chose not to risk too many physically. Understandable.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Wow we are a small club if this is the mentality.
2017: Man United rested 7 starters for the CC SF, Liverpool rested 10
2016: Liverpool rested 10 players before their CC SF, Man City rested 8
2015: Chelsea rested 8 players before the CC SF, Tottenham rested 9
2014: Man City rested 7 players for the CC, Man United rested 7 as well

Are those all small clubs too?

Lookin' for a new Baby

New name pending...
2017: Man United rested 7 starters for the CC SF, Liverpool rested 10
2016: Liverpool rested 10 players before their CC SF, Man City rested 8
2015: Chelsea rested 8 players before the CC SF, Tottenham rested 9
2014: Man City rested 7 players for the CC, Man United rested 7 as well

Are those all small clubs too?
No, strength in depth, our bench was pathetic on Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom