• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FA Cup | Man Utd vs Arsenal | Sat Mar 12th, 17:15 | ITV 1

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Big game coming up at OT.

We're just two victories away from reaching another Cup Final at Wembley, and it's against a Man Utd side which's lost the last two Premiership games in a row, and who'Re struggling with injuries just like we are.

Vital game for us, not only in terms of the competition itself, but also in terms of bouncing back from today's defeat at Camp Nou and getting the upper hand over our main rival just before the last ten games of the Premiership are being played.

The psychological edge we could get from winning there could turn out as the difference in the title race.

Let's win this!

squallkid

Established Member
The season starts here

Win this and Man Utd's confidence will be rock ****ing bottom, Man Utd just don't do three losses in a row so beat them and they will just collapse. It was a ****ing well battle today against Barcelona, 11 snipers and a referee just out to kill us all over the pitch and they succeeded, we lost one player in the chaos and we have a lot of wounded and mentally exhausted players, it's not over though. We are the Arsenal and we have the strength to rise above everything that went on in Spain and go on to beat Man Utd, they aren't Barcelona and they are far from unbeatable even though they haven't lost at home this season but this is exactly the type of game that we used to thrive on. Cheated or dumped out of Europe, players gone through injury, a visibly half fit Fabregas, the media will have all the knives out and Ferguson and his motley crew will just be baying for blood and want to ****ing well smash us all over the Old Trafford pitch, it's time to stand up and be counted, it's time to stop feeling sorry for ourselves, it's time to show Man Utd that the "babies" have become men and ****ing well smash THEM all over the pitch and crush their dreams at the theater of dreams. We absolutely cannot go to pieces here since that would totally derail our season, we need to show the football world what we are made of and that we can rise above today and go on to beat Man Utd, I don't want to see a reserve side in this at all, this is Man Utd, this is an Fa Cup quarter final with a visit to Wembley at stake where we need to exorcise many demons, we need to go for this and we need to go all out, Strongest team possible, win this and we will win a bit of psychological warfare with the Mancs for the title run-in

A phoenix will rise from the ashes, we've had setbacks before and difficult times but now is the time to rally together, get behind the team and give it our all in these last few games

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible
Don't want to see any of our keyplayers anywhere near Old Trafford on Saturday. Wilshere, Fabregas, Song, Van Persie and Djourou/Koscielny MUST stay fit at all costs. Hopefully SAF will have one eye on Marseille because I think we stand a chance if we both play a weakened side. Otherwise I fear something similar to three years ago.

arsmile

Established Member
dont care

dotn risk anyone

let's win the league

(will not agree with this tomorrow)

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
We've one week off before we head to Birmingham to face WBA next Saturday, that should give our players enough rest.
That's why I'd start all the big guns vs United, as long as they're fit of course.

A win there is just too vital.
I'm still convinced that the 4-0 murdering we got there in 2008 was more harmful to our season (psychologically) than the 2-2 at Brimingham a bit later.

Never again, do I want to witness any Arsenal side getting raped in that manner, as in 2008 (or 2001 but that's faaaaar away now).

We've been unlucky to lose against their first string team at OT 1-0 this season, starting without Fabs, Robin and Theo.
Now they're without Nani, Ferdinand and Park (mabye others as well).

We can do this.

Webdesignlab

Established Member
Who cares about this really. We would lose the final anyway.

PL, PL, PL ... all the way ... play the reserves. A real reserves team ... nobody from first team ... let everyone get mad ... who cares?

Kain

Established Member
DaG said:
There's no point. Have you guys seen who the ref is? We are going out.

Please say it isn't Fletchers *****?

Really want us to win the FA cup again but the group looked knackered tonight, no chance they'll recover enough in four days’ time. If we both had played our CL fixtures at the same time there might of been an opportunity but as we didn't it's a write off. Concentrate on the league.

fabo

6.51 / 10
All is not lost.

United will be ready to steam into us but we'll have a chance for sure. Can't help but feel that our season really rests on this game.

If I was a betting man though............

GDeep™

League is very weak
Rest a couple if they need it, dont risk Cesc, Wenger didnt sound too sure on the state of his hammy as it is.

Webdesignlab

Established Member
Maybe we should all wait for a day after the farca match ... it's hard to think of taking on another referee darling so soon after crashing out of 2 cups.

giuliob

I think Sagna is exhausted. He hasn't played his usual,solid, consistent game the last couple of matches.

Gooner_Stu

Established Member
Play a strong team, id rather start some key players and sub them later if the games going well but we've got enough rest between now, then and then again for the following weekend.

Probably be Al in goal right? not that he didnt play well tonight, just cant help but think of the word "fluke"

Clarkey

Fergie does have his injury worries of his own, he could well rest a fair few in the knowledge that he could have the game in the bag yet again tactically.

TheEconomist

Established Member
finding it hard to stay positive with the results we've had lately. can only imagine how the players feel, i hope they are mentally strong enough to pick themselves up because what looked like a very promising season is slipping away quickly from us

imo who ever wins in this game will go on to win the league

Top Bottom