• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FA Cup Quarter-Final: Sheffield United v Arsenal | Sunday June 28th | KO: 13:00 BST | BT Sport

Match prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Robin Van Persie chatting some absolute rubbish yet again.
I dont like RvP but his after match analysis was balanced and fair. I dont know any Gooner who wouldn't want better CB's than our current lot. And he's right about us not being in a position to challenge for the PL and we do need to play with more intensity and better connections from back to front.

balthazar

Maldini stuff right there...:lol::lol::lol::lol:
giphy.gif

Last edited:

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I too thought it was intentional. Before VAR such tactics were difficult because you had to rely on the referee.
100% in a VAR world offside should be key. The advantage is with the defence as the attackers need to time their run 100%. 99% simply is enough. No men on the posts and high lines are the way forward. The next evolution will be defences pushing upto runners not dropping back. Push up to tackle the ball carrier while their support run offside. If you keep dropping back you give them space to run into and the attacker has the momentum whereas the defenders have to turn.

I thought it was interesting Arteta said they are dangerous in the second phase. A good offside trap can stop the second phase dead.

jato

That probably doesn't help with the other team, credit where it's due but I still do think we can aim for a 2nd before anything.

I don’t disagree, but the problem is that the team couldn’t even string 5 passes together. We need to have the actual ball to even create a second. All we did that second half is keep giving the ball away, hoof it up only for SU to bring it straight back.

There were times where was a better, closer pass than just smashing the ball up field. That’s the problem I have with the team. We never keep possession when we are ahead and constantly invite pressure.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
We really need some better midfielders. Struggling to string 3 passes together. Most of the 60% possession seemed to be in our own half. But we look much much more threatening on the break. Saka is just immense under pressure.

That's it. Like 80% of our possession seemed to be between the defenders in our own half, when ideally you want it between your midfielders in the opposition's half.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Think this team could beat Chelsea/Leicester or United at Wembley, just need someone to take out City

Met the main man when I was out earlier, said he has City in the bag tonight...

Steve-Bruce-in-kebab-shop-797211.jpg

...made me pay for his order though, said his time costs money.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Robin Van Persie chatting some absolute rubbish yet again.

I don’t disagree with him but he’s not articulated his point very well. Our build up is far too slow and there’s no real intensity to our play. It was a positive result though and with this **** show of a season I’ll take it.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Do people really still hate Ashley Cole and RVP? I mean at the time we were obviously all fuming but with hindsight it seems they did the right thing for their careers. The mechanisms they used can perhaps be viewed as slightly underhand but that’s all standard footballing negotiation practises? (Leaking to the press, lying etc)

What’s the point of expending negative energy? If your employer had treated you really well, perhaps supporting you through training or personal issues are you really going to turn down a big bump in salary from someone else even if it screws them over?

Nah fam.

Obvs Abebayor is still vermin **** :lol:

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
Decent first half, poor second. Great to keep the season alive though and we could spring a surprise against United. Tierney and AMN did very well, it`s obvious that Maitland Niles is our best right back. Luiz did well enough and I also think Mustafi deserves a mention, nine headed clearences is impressive. Willock did well in the first half. Lacazette poor I thought even if he won the penalty. Martinez assured again.

Kobi

I Know Who You Are
BT Sport seamlessly able to switch over Steve Mcmanaman and Robin Van Persie for Robbie Savage and Joe Cole without any improvement in quality.
The benefits of having a never ending list of absolute fúckwits to call upon, and perhaps most terrifying of all they still have the two Owens (Michael and Hargreaves) back in in the shed.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

I don’t disagree, but the problem is that the team couldn’t even string 5 passes together. We need to have the actual ball to even create a second. All we did that second half is keep giving the ball away, hoof it up only for SU to bring it straight back.

There were times where was a better, closer pass than just smashing the ball up field. That’s the problem I have with the team. We never keep possession when we are ahead and constantly invite pressure.
If we get a few top CM signings in the summer lets hope we can do a bit better in the lead next year. I felt we did fairly well in the 1st half after our penalty, controlled it relatively well, Pepe unlucky not to get a 2nd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom