• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FA Cup Semi Final-Arsenal v Reading; Sat 18th 17.20

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicky47

Established Member
Only caught extra time of the match, sounds like we just got over the finish line in the end; and now we're in another FA Cup Final! Absolutely amazing... I missed last years final too so this I cannot wait for.

It almost feels too good to be true our form in 2015. If we can end this season top 3 and win the FA Cup that's just bloody brilliant... Especially when you consider this season saw us have our worst start for over 30 years is it? Still some tough games to come though and Villa I believe will be an incredibly tough match, too many people under estimate our opponents.

Damn I hope we can win it. "Back to back FA Cup winners" is very special, but again it feels just too good to be true to me. Anyway, 1 more win and we're lifting another trophy, bring it on!!

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
adam-federici-arsenal-reading_3292470.jpg

Giroud and Walcott's faces LOL.

blaze_of_glory

No doubt Villa will give us a very hard game. I mean look at what Hull did last season, almost killed us in the first 15 minutes before St. Stanti delivered that divine fk of greatness to get us back on track.

I just hope we've learned our lesson about having to raise our game no matter the opposition. Wigan, Hull and now Reading all took us to extra time, there should be no taking Villa lightly at all, they are better than all those teams.

Loyalvillan

Aston Villa Fan in peace!!

Well Villa are going to have a hell of a task to beat your lot !!

But play like we did yesterday and we can give you a good game and maybe, just maybe nick it! hey, its not beyond the realms of possibilities is it??

Benteke is on fire but Delph provided one and scored one!! Vlaar was immense and Nzogbia and Grealish ran the midfield! but i grant you Benteke is a massive player for us and back to being the Beast!!

To be honest the league and survival is the main priority for us this season, but we now have time to focus solely on this until the end of the season!!

UTV

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Aston Villa Fan in peace!!

Well Villa are going to have a hell of a task to beat your lot !!

But play like we did yesterday and we can give you a good game and maybe, just maybe nick it! hey, its not beyond the realms of possibilities is it??

Benteke is on fire but Delph provided one and scored one!! Vlaar was immense and Nzogbia and Grealish ran the midfield! but i grant you Benteke is a massive player for us and back to being the Beast!!

To be honest the league and survival is the main priority for us this season, but we now have time to focus solely on this until the end of the season!!

UTV

Welcome to the forum, and I can tell you one thing.
We fear Agbonlahor ...

Have a pleasant chat and there's a member called StevetheVillan who is a Villa fan somewhere lurking

VancouverCanuck

What do Villa fans think of your manager, Gooner Tim?

I personally think he has been doing a decent job. And I don't want you to go down. That's for sure.

Loyalvillan

Thanks for the warm welcome Guys and i have been on here before representing the Villa fansite Avillafan.com.

Tim Sherwood has come in and done a fantastic job at Villa, Lambert failed terribly even though he came with a winning track record as a Player and Manager! but for whatever reason it did not work! i was gutted and met him 3 times and he was a really likable Guy!

But Sir Tim of Sutton Coldfied has done a great job thus far, gotten the best out of what we have and to be fair we do have a decent squad, but things have been wrong at Villa for a while!

Benteke, Gabby, Delph, Benteke and Sinclair have been top draw! injuries have hampered our fight for survival in the EPL and this fight is not over yet by a long way, but we are more hopeful now than we were under Lambert.

We are certainly a long shot in the final, Liverpool dispite what the media and their ****ty fans will have you believe are not the World class team they are made out to be, but your lot are a different animal!!

Either way we as the Villa Faithful needed the win against Liverpool for the shiza we have put up with for the last four years!!

Just hope we give a good account of ourselves and fight like Lions on the 30th!!

On a side note i have always had a big respect for your Club, goes back to the 80's but as long as you are not playing us i always find myself rooting for your lot??

Good luck in your chase for 2nd place and the rest of the season but hope you have a ****ter on the 30th May!! lololol

Loyalvillan

LOL In a drunken stuper on Sunday i amde up a Aston Villa Prayer!! am saying this every night until the 30th May!! With God on our side can nobody be against us!! lol

Our Villa, Who art at Wembley
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Thy Cup Will Come, This Will Be done
On May 30th When We Are At Wembley
Give Us That Day A Fantastic Goal, By Delph, Gabby or Benteke

And Forgive Us Our Poor Passes, As We Forgive Those Poor Passes Among Us
And Lead Us Not Into Defeat, But Deliver Us To Victory
For We Are Aston Villa, Forever and Ever…Amen

The_Roadrunner

Burned Out
Thanks for the warm welcome Guys and i have been on here before representing the Villa fansite Avillafan.com.

Tim Sherwood has come in and done a fantastic job at Villa, Lambert failed terribly even though he came with a winning track record as a Player and Manager! but for whatever reason it did not work! i was gutted and met him 3 times and he was a really likable Guy!

But Sir Tim of Sutton Coldfied has done a great job thus far, gotten the best out of what we have and to be fair we do have a decent squad, but things have been wrong at Villa for a while!

Benteke, Gabby, Delph, Benteke and Sinclair have been top draw! injuries have hampered our fight for survival in the EPL and this fight is not over yet by a long way, but we are more hopeful now than we were under Lambert.

We are certainly a long shot in the final, Liverpool dispite what the media and their ****ty fans will have you believe are not the World class team they are made out to be, but your lot are a different animal!!

Either way we as the Villa Faithful needed the win against Liverpool for the shiza we have put up with for the last four years!!

Just hope we give a good account of ourselves and fight like Lions on the 30th!!

On a side note i have always had a big respect for your Club, goes back to the 80's but as long as you are not playing us i always find myself rooting for your lot??

Good luck in your chase for 2nd place and the rest of the season but hope you have a ****ter on the 30th May!! lololol

Cheers for that!

I think your appearance in the final guarantees you a place in the Europa League next year.

Are you excited about playing in Europa next year or do you view it as a unwanted obligation taking away from your league campaign?

Loyalvillan

Cheers for that!

I think your appearance in the final guarantees you a place in the Europa League next year.

Are you excited about playing in Europa next year or do you view it as a unwanted obligation taking away from your league campaign?

It has been confirmed by the EPL and UEFA that the FA Cup Europa league place this season will not go to the runner up but to the league so 6th Place gets Europa League Footy!

Not to say that is bothers me too much, you have to give the Scousers a reason to claim everyone is against them again next season when they fail!! LOL

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka

Welcome aboard LV.

I was impressed with Grealish. That kid was flying on Sunday and until he burned his last drops of energy, he was a joy to watch. He reminded me of Ox who isn't afraid to take on players and has a eye for a great pass somewhere.

But his Twitter account is littered with pro-Arsenal and especially Wilshere comments. He might fancy joining Dan Crowley at Arsenal :)

In terms of potential from his young days, do you think Dan Crowley will become a good player. How does he compare to Grealish ?

goonerwarsh

Established Member
I actually think Villa have got a very very good chance Loyalvillan.

Our history is, unfortunately for us, littered with defeats or underwhelming performances against underdogs in finals. West Ham in the FA Cup Final in 1980, Luton in what is now the Carling Cup in 88, Birmingham a few years back, and last year we did our best to nearly f**k it up against Hull. If I were you, I'd be quietly confident especially with the way GoonerTim has got you playing. My worry is what winning this cup would mean to Villa, yet for Arsenal, though it would be absolutely great to win it I don't think it would mean quite as much as what it did last year to get the trophy drought monkey off our backs.

Still saying that, I'm still backing the Arsenal to sneak it in a very tight game.

5-0 ;-)

Loyalvillan

Welcome aboard LV.

I was impressed with Grealish. That kid was flying on Sunday and until he burned his last drops of energy, he was a joy to watch. He reminded me of Ox who isn't afraid to take on players and has a eye for a great pass somewhere.

But his Twitter account is littered with pro-Arsenal and especially Wilshere comments. He might fancy joining Dan Crowley at Arsenal :)

In terms of potential from his young days, do you think Dan Crowley will become a good player. How does he compare to Grealish ?
Cheers Mate,

I am always wary of "the next big thing" because we have had so many false dawns from the academy, we seem to be really good at producing good solid Championship players who early on showed massive promise!!

Grealish is a bit of a dark horse right now, to be totally honest Sunday was his best ever performance for the first Team, opened my eyes a little as i was of the mind he had not proved he was worthy of a starting place?? but having said that he does have some real talent and skill, BUT is a Villa Fan just as Gabby !!

not going anywhere for a few years!

a_fourteen

Established Member
Sherwood gives teams a good bump with his energy and enthusiasm but is he a long solution that can steadily improve a club?

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

I dreamt that Villa won the final with the last kick of the game.
I just read this
http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foo...just-25000-fa-cup-final-tickets-10201100.html
It is just not fair,yes people who help charities should get chance to go but say nor more then few thousand and not the 17,000

Yes, it's a joke.

I get the 17k for club Wembley; The end of the day that's paying for the stadium and it's a contractual obligation.

In fact, my office has 4 club Wembley seats but I won't be sitting in them, as wanting to get pissed and have a good day out with my son and/or mates does does equate to a good "business case"!

My issue is with the many thousands that go to the mysterious "football family".

For example, I know through an undergraduate there that Oxford University gets 50 tickets (as no doubt does Cambrige and feck knows who else), which end up being given away as fundraising prizes etc. most the rest are just money making tools for minnow clubs, their employees, referees etc to sell on the black market.

I'll have to take my chances in the ballot but last year I only got 1, so had to spend about a grand buying two more act in club Wembley, from an agency. I can see me having to do that again. I'm in no way made of money; the wife is less than impressed and given how much I've spent following this club, my feeling is that it's just not on.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Yes, it's a joke.

I get the 17k for club Wembley; The end of the day that's paying for the stadium and it's a contractual obligation.

In fact, my office has 4 club Wembley seats but I won't be sitting in them, as wanting to get pissed and have a good day out with my son and/or mates does does equate to a good "business case"!

My issue is with the many thousands that go to the mysterious "football family".

For example, I know through an undergraduate there that Oxford University gets 50 tickets (as no doubt does Cambrige and feck knows who else), which end up being given away as fundraising prizes etc. most the rest are just money making tools for minnow clubs, their employees, referees etc to sell on the black market.

I'll have to take my chances in the ballot but last year I only got 1, so had to spend about a grand buying two more act in club Wembley, from an agency. I can see me having to do that again. I'm in no way made of money; the wife is less than impressed and given how much I've spent following this club, my feeling is that it's just not on.

Can I have them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom