• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FA Cup Semi-Final: Arsenal vs Manchester City | Saturday July 18 | KO: 19:45 BST | BT Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

If this game ends up like the Liverpool game I’d hope Arteta would walk. Shameful display.

Reactions: A_G

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
Correct. So many people want to lose beautifully instead of win ugly.

Now I dont want to play ugly all the time but sometimes its necessary and any win against city is a good result. Even if it's from an own goal and not a single shot on target.

Hell if one of our players dives to get a City player sent off and another one handball. I will not care.

Although knowing the refs and how they have used VAR to screw us over. If the above happens then we will probably end up with 9 players.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

Now I dont want to play ugly all the time but sometimes its necessary and any win against city is a good result. Even if it's from an own goal and not a single shot on target.

Agree...if we had a run of homes games against the likes of Newcastle, Norwich and Brighton were we were clinging on for 90 mins despite getting results...then yeah, that's a sign that something isn't right in the team and it needs to be analyzed.

But in a one off cup game, against a better team than us...park that big bus right at Wembley today Mikel and get that win!

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Can't believe Pawson didn't make the list after he didn't send Jorginho off at the Emirates.

Yeah bollox but most every ref fails to send of continually fouling opponents against us. Don’t think Pawson has super scummed us like a Moss or Dean. Or Atkinson. Or Taylor who might just be the ****ing worst.

Reactions: A_G

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel

Exactly. If we could've learned to win ugly in a number of games over the years who knows how many more trophies we might have won. 2005 FA cup final was as enjoyable as any cup win I've seen and we were terrible that day!

GDeep™

League is very weak
City will give you chances.

Interesting to see what Arteta does, his last game wit. City was ruined by injuries and sending offs.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Agree...if we had a run of homes games against the likes of Newcastle, Norwich and Brighton were we were clinging on for 90 mins despite getting results...then yeah, that's a sign that something isn't right in the team and it needs to be analyzed.

But in a one off cup game, against a better team than us...park that big bus right at Wembley today Mikel and get that win!

Yeah needs must. Nobody criticises a Palace or burnley for doing that and getting results.

We arent the Arsenal of 20 years ago to go toe to toe. Against United/Chelsea yes. Even now we can go against them. Against Liverpool and City. Different breed.

We will need a slice of luck. One thing I am glad not that it matters is Agueros out. Jesus is great and theres goals from everywhere. But aguero is a killer against us. On any given day we can get a result.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member

When was the last time we “lost beautifully”?

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
Yeah needs must. Nobody criticises a Palace or burnley for doing that and getting results.

I agree we have to win but this is going a bit too far for me. I never, ever want to see The Arsenal compared to Palace or Burnley.

We have resources that far outstrip theirs and should have the players to back that up.

We need to remember who the **** we are and what this club means. We're not the little train that could. Even Liverpool at their lowest ebb used to give the other big sides a good game. Anfield was always a tough away proposition even when they had Jonjo Shevley in midfield.

I don't care if we have 10 Denilsons out there, we always need to give a good performance against the other big sides.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
As long as we've got 11 men on the field we've got a shot. Don't care about the football as long as we win

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I agree we have to win but this is going a bit too far for me. I never, ever want to see The Arsenal compared to Palace or Burnley.

We have resources that far outstrip theirs and should have the players to back that up.

We need to remember who the **** we are and what this club means. We're not the little train that could. Even Liverpool at their lowest ebb used to give the other big sides a good game. Anfield was always a tough away proposition even when they had Jonjo Shevley in midfield.

I don't care if we have 10 Denilsons out there, we always need to give a good performance against the other big sides.

That's arrogance right there. We are 9th in the league and are player for player miles behind city. You have to adpat. Mayweather in 20 years wont be able to go toe to toe with a 25 year old. Dont live in the past.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
When was the last time we “lost beautifully”?

We dominated Sp**s and lost. It wasnt beautiful but the idea was there to control and pass our way to a win even if most of the passes were sidewards.

We used to play teams of the park in the past 70% possession but get beat. That is losing "beautifully". Dominating controlling the pass passing around but ultimately either not taking chances or giving away cheap goals.

United at home a few years back where we peppered De geas goal controlled the match and lost 3 1. Another beautiful loss based on "stats".

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

If anyone thinks we’re “magically” going to turn up and start creating chances against City, you’ve actually lost it.

This is an interesting read:

https://arseblog.com/2020/07/creationism/

The lack of quality in our squad and poverty options in defence is killing our attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom