• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FA Cup: Third Round| Arsenal vs Leeds United | Monday 6th January | KO: 19:56 | BBC One

Status
Not open for further replies.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
ENYIyRbWkAI7FFA

The U23 teamsheet. So very likely we won't see John-Jules, Balogun or Bola. Burton is suspended so up in the air with him.

Will probably be Saka at LB again, and the lads on the bench getting time. Hopefully Martinelli is back.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
The cups are a distraction now anyway

Play kids for the exposure

It was inevitable when the CL became 3-4 teams from most top leagues.

everyone wants the CL money, all the other cups, including The UEFA Cup (which used to be class btw), then become distractions and sideshows because all the elite teams want the CL above anything else.

Imagine a UEFA Cup where either Barca or Madrid are guaranteed to be in it every year because only one qualifies for the champions league?

Shame, European football used to be a real treat and really cool and now its just a cash cow.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Mixture of youth and experience for this. Can’t afford to take Leeds too lightly, they got enough about them to make things difficult. Especially with the Bielsa factor.

Martinez
Bellerin - Holding - Sokratis - Saka
Guendouzi - Willock
Ceballos
E-S-R —— Martinelli
Laca

I'd drop ESR or bring him on later.

Martinez
Bellerin Mustafi Holding Saka
Guendouzi Willock
Nelson Ceballos Martinelli
Lacazette

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
It was inevitable when the CL became 3-4 teams from most top leagues.

everyone wants the CL money, all the other cups, including The UEFA Cup (which used to be class btw), then become distractions and sideshows because all the elite teams want the CL above anything else.

Imagine a UEFA Cup where either Barca or Madrid are guaranteed to be in it every year because only one qualifies for the champions league?

Shame, European football used to be a real treat and really cool and now its just a cash cow.

That's a good point, one team from each league. Imagine the EL (UEFA Cup) having not only Barca or Madrid, but City or Pool, Bayern/Leipzig/Dortmund, Juventus or Inter etc. Both the EL & CL would be massive, they could even be played on the same night (Wed) so not to mess with weekend leagues. The CL would be a straight knock out, and to keep sponsors happy teams could be seeded somehow to avoid Barca vs Pool 1st round. It would obviously be a shorter competition than the EL so top teams get more rest.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
I'd drop ESR or bring him on later.

Martinez
Bellerin Mustafi Holding Saka
Guendouzi Willock
Nelson Ceballos Martinelli
Lacazette

Honestly think we need to rest Laca, he's probably our most competent high presser in the front line other than arguably Martinelli and think he needs to be kept fresh while the team gets to grips with the new compact high press under Arteta.

zilfy

Martinez
Bellerin - Sokratis - Holding - Saka
Willock - Guendouzi
Smith-Rowe - Ceballos - Nelson
Martinelli
Good selection methinks.
I really want to see martinelli get plenty of time at striker, that's probably where his future lies. Same goes for willock at b2b, need to play him back into form in non-pl fixtures

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

One of the most emotional games of my life, and I am sure all of yours...

Imagine this goal with VAR. No emotional celebration, no explosion of joy, just me saying “don’t do this to me VAR” and 2 minutes of watching stupid lines moving around to check if Henry’s spit was offside.

I’m really starting to hate VAR :lol:

1 other person

BOY does it feel good to look forward to the games again! I believe in Arteta and am very curious to see if the tactical changes have resonated through the whole squad. I think we'll win, but it probably won't look as coordinated as it has for the last few games.
I really want to see Laca returning to some goal form, but he was knackered the last 30 min against Manure, so maybe it's wiser to rest him or bring him on at 60'. Not sure if Eddie is cuptied, if not, play him instead. Love the kid.
I would also play Luiz for now, as it seems he's the leader in the dressing room these days and looks to communicate the tactics to the other players in behind the scenes videos and in huddles before the games.

Martinez
Bellerin - Luiz - Holding - Saka
Willock - Guendouzi
Pepe - Smith-Rowe - Martinelli
Lacazette/Eddie

Pepe off for Nelson at HT.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Doubt I'll be awake to watch this. 11pm kick off is too late for me on a week night. I have to be up at 5 am.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom