• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FA: Leeds vs Arsenal | 04/01/04

Ally

Was it me or was Kanu absolutely sensational? Not MoM because Henry was better of course, but still, I'm beginning to get the impression that Nu should be the first choice partner....bizarre.

Adam

Established Member
Haha Ally, he was fantastic. I am loving Kanu. Excellent contribution. I am thinking the same. As just posted in Etoo thread!

Adam

Established Member
jeremiesgirl said:
JazzG said:
Ali was ill or something like that

Thanks JazzG....shame he missed out on a good chance to prove himself today.

It would have been wrong to put Jeremie in today as it was such a physical batlle.

Kanu won his battles, and i don't think Jeremie would have made an impression in the game (perhaps in the latter stages).

Adam

Established Member
The Mini said:
Who isn't?

I think Gurjit has said that in response to Wenger's comments, saying that he was going to play Aliadiere and rest Henry (wow, what a physical test for him).

siddharth

wiltord11 said:
top performance from vieira, gilberto,edu,keown great game bring on everton

Vieira,edu were Brilliant. Keown was a bit rusty at start although he looked solid towards the end but thats understandable considering he's been out of action so far.
kanu was amazing with his outrageous skills but only if he could think himself as more of a striker.

But Gilberto was poor.He's first touch was horrible n passing woeful.
I just fail to understand that gilberto is ahead of edu n parlour in the pecking order.
Lauren did ok but he just doesn't give us any attcking impetus along right flank as kolo does.

At the end the look on the face of a Leeds supporter, a woman sitting with her baby and tears in her eyes,gazing into the future summed up leeds precarious situation.I reallly feel sorry for leeds n their fans.It's amazing how the fortune of a club can change over a season.

I just pray to god that Arsenal's stadium plans don't result into any financial troubles and the club lives on for eternity................

JazzG

Established Member
Thought Gilberto had one of his better games. When our CBs stepped out he covered well. A few dodgy passes but otherwise didn't do much wrong. With Vieira in good form he didn't really need to do much.

The reason for Leeds falling apart was they weren't consistant and had no real assets apart from their players. Also daft deals didn't help either. If all goes wrong we can sell our property which has planning permission and still break even.

A

Anonymous

Fantastic performance from the boys.
We never got out of second gear and played some great stuff. But remember Leeds are a very very poor team, so we shouldnt get too carried away.

Henry is simply the best player in the world and im made up that Kolo scored, as are most people which shows how good he has been for us.

But Lehmann! I have always said im yet to be convinced by this guy, even when others were giving him over the top praise (motm at Bolton?! etc). I said he will cost us goals, that is no.2 and there will be more.
He has a terrible attitude and temperment, his kicking is ****e and he is very very suspect on crosses into the box as he has been all season. The slightest contact and he loses it wanting a free kick. Granted his shot stopping is excellent.
He will do for this season, but imo in the summer a keeper in the prime of his career physically and mentally is needed. Look at Howard for Man U. He is a fantastic athlete and has kept them in games at times this year. We need someone like that. In the past it has been them with the clown as a keeper, and it cost them. I just hope it doesnt cost us.

Mark

Established Member
Leeds started well and Lehmann's mistake was right up there with the likes of Barthez's at Highbury. It was scary but once we equalised we were in control, good cross from Ljungberg, something in his game he might be working on. Vieira bossed the midfield brilliantly, although Gilberto's passing was still quite poor at times. Edu's goal was great, one touch passing and a good finish. I was scared I'd have to sit through the last 10 minutes of the game with only a one goal lead but thankfully super subs Pires and Toure scored to make it 4-1 to us YET AGAIN at Elland Road. Great performance, great result. :D

reggiepaul

Gilberto's passing. Hmm... The day Gilberto's passing triggers global peace and end to poverty and fireworks are released and cheerleaders jump out for him people will love him then otherwise, his passing will remain "woeful" (do I not like that word. It carries feeling of aristrocratic turd logic).

I've never seen anything wrong with Gilberto's passing. I think it's just one of those cliche remarks from some fans to say "Gilberto can't pass" and like some dinner party ice breaker works well times of conversation.

Now seriously, we hold posession very well which is highly commendable of your central midfield BUT if Gilberto's passing will still be damned we can contact Sky Sports and ask them to give Gilberto the Matrix treatment so we can see his passes in bullet time and get a fade effect on the ball. Maybe a comet like trail whenever he passes it and also Gilberto could glow in spiritual fashion like some God of some sort.

Then his passing would be SUPERB!

Overall great game. I was expecting a win. We never really went out of second gear with glimpses of third after fatty viduka's pie's started to kick in.

Fun.

lewdikris

Established Member
Gilberto was fine. He misplaces passes but he also makes a shedload of simple tackles...

Lauren did fine as well, dunno what anyone's complaining about. Keown was ropier - him and Sol just don't have the distribution from the back when played together.

It was good defending today though. No messing about - more hoofs out of the back to clear than i've seen for ages. It ain't pretty but it needs to be done.

Edu was excellent - he's become a vital squad member this season.

Kanu was Kanu. Crazy dribbling, some good link up play but can't score for ****e. It is ever thus with him for better or worse. However well he's done this season, not scoring remains his basic weakness. And a bad one for a striker to have.

And nice one Kolo. Playing left wing is unusual, even for the Wonder Boy, but i'm so glad he scored. He deserves a goal more than anyone else in the squad.

reggiepaul

lewdikris said:
Kanu was Kanu. Crazy dribbling, some good link up play but can't score for ****e.

Remember last season when we had that massive hoo haa about getting in to the box and missing from outside goal? Kanu played and that just echoed in my mind today when he missed from outside the goal.

Amazing player, can drive in to dangerous situations and make them wholesome but it's the stuck in front of goal with just a hope in hell to deal with. He can score, no doubt but in front of goal it's a Kanu thing I guess.

Overall brill though.

rachael-8

what an enjoying game to watch
the 1st 20 mins were pretty bad though,our passing was sloppy.
but that superb goal by titi got us back into the game. and i knew we would win from then
the arsenal fans were singing ' we always win 4-1'
it was so funny at the beginin ma dad got ticks for the leeds area but he knew a steward who could move us to the arsenal bit,but he didnt move us till after kick off so i had to get up from the leeds fans,walk right infront of them to the arsenal stand righe in front of them and they were like what the hell is she doing,some of the arsenal fans looked confused too :eek:ops:

johe

Sol said:
Fantastic performance from the boys.
We never got out of second gear and played some great stuff. But remember Leeds are a very very poor team, so we shouldnt get too carried away.

Henry is simply the best player in the world and im made up that Kolo scored, as are most people which shows how good he has been for us.

But Lehmann! I have always said im yet to be convinced by this guy, even when others were giving him over the top praise (motm at Bolton?! etc). I said he will cost us goals, that is no.2 and there will be more.
He has a terrible attitude and temperment, his kicking is ****e and he is very very suspect on crosses into the box as he has been all season. The slightest contact and he loses it wanting a free kick. Granted his shot stopping is excellent.
He will do for this season, but imo in the summer a keeper in the prime of his career physically and mentally is needed. Look at Howard for Man U. He is a fantastic athlete and has kept them in games at times this year. We need someone like that. In the past it has been them with the clown as a keeper, and it cost them. I just hope it doesnt cost us.

I'd say Lehmann has done a decent job, after all our defensive record this year is outstanding. Lehmann has to get some credit for that, he's very good at organising our defense and his stopping of low shots is wicked. He is getting old though, so I'd say he's a first teamer for next season, and MAYBE (big maybe) the year after that.

Latest posts

Top Bottom