• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FA: Portsmouth vs Arsenal | 06/03/04

A

Anonymous

Fantastic performance, some of our play at times was outstanding. I would though swap this result for the three points in the premier game.

Reyes is coming along nicely, he showed some great pieces of skill which looks good for the future.

And all this without Pires and Dennis. Roll on the mancs in the semis.

Stim

Sol said:
Reyes is coming along nicely, he showed some great pieces of skill which looks good for the future.

Yeah Reyes was a lot better than previous games, unlucky not to score i thought.

Bring on the mancs, we know its gonna be them.

laolu

Sol said:
Fantastic performance, some of our play at times was outstanding. I would though swap this result for the three points in the premier game.

Arsenal will NOT play the mancs in the semis, it's an FA cup final

... but wait, if we beat them in the semis, it'll just be the opposite of their 99 treble, this time our 2004 treble

... on second thought, bring on the mancs

kajej

Reyes...I already love him. Great performance by him. He really deserved a goal! One thing that amazed me was how Sol was able to clear the ball 2 yrds out after it deflected off the bar..Very lucky not to be an own goal..or perhaps it was his skills 8) ..

Ljumberg is back and i cannot just imagine him, Pires, Henry, Edu, Reyes in good form for the gunners...devestating for the opposition.

I must say even if Reyes hadn't done anything since he signed he would have already done a lot by taking a lot of attention off Henry. I would start him with Henry agian against Celta, they just lost 5-1 to Espanyol!..
They will be attacking us to try and get a result so I expect us to beat them rather easily.

As the commentator on the game said, Arsenal played like it was their first game of the season, just phenomonal display. They are getting better by the game. I criticized Lauren earlier about his pefromance in hte 1st half but he had a solid 2nd half.

7 wins in a row, bring on Celta Vigo!

A

Anonymous

i hope we get united in the semis. i want revenge for the f#:$%kers beating us in 99.

they were lucky then, and this time we will win. :mrgreen:

JazzG

Established Member
Sol said:

Would be nice to face them in the semis, knocking them out last season was good but we still haven't fully got revenge for 1999 :evil:

kanuuu

Established Member
JazzG said:
Sol said:

Would be nice to face them in the semis, knocking them out last season was good but we still haven't fully got revenge for 1999 :evil:

Beating them in the final would be even sweeter.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Awesome performance. Reyes is going to be sensational when he's fully settled. I saw some very promising signs from him today. Ljungberg also had a good game but Vieira was MOTM in my opinion. A bit disappointed to see that c*nt Sheringham score in the last minute but I'll get over it.
I was also thinking about that 1999 semi-final and how they beat us at Villa Park on their way to the treble. I wouldn't mind United in the semi but idealy I would prefer to play them in the final.

JazzG

Established Member
The CL final is on the 26th of may as well, when man utd won it, it was on the 26th as well. Hopefully the roles will be reversed this year :)

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
JazzG said:
The CL final is on the 26th of may as well, when man utd won it, it was on the 26th as well. Hopefully the roles will be reversed this year :)

As they say what comes around, goes around and Ferguson: paybacks are a b*tch!

Mark

Established Member
What a performance, and there was me worrying that without Pires, Henry might not play as well as we've seen him play, but Ljungberg played one of his best games for a while and Reyes is really starting to look the part. Vieira and Edu were once again brilliant and the defence was solid all the way through. Great to be able to take off Henry, Vieira and Ljungberg for the last 20 minutes as well.

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
What a performance, and there was me worrying that without Pires, Henry might not play as well as we've seen him play, but Ljungberg played one of his best games for a while and Reyes is really starting to look the part. Vieira and Edu were once again brilliant and the defence was solid all the way through. Great to be able to take off Henry, Vieira and Ljungberg for the last 20 minutes as well.
Ljungberg plays well when Pires is not playing as he gets more of a free role to make runs from. He also did the same in 2002 remember.

Mark

Established Member
Yeah what is it about Ljungberg when he plays on the left? He was one of our best players today and was everywhere and he of course got 2 goals, his first was a typical Ljungberg goal. When Pires plays, Ljungberg plays a less attacking role. Perhaps playing both at once can be a bit of a weakness which is a shame because on their day they are both world class, even though Pires usually gets more of the credit, but they're both on double figures now which is important.

IW8

I wanted them to score 1 just because of their amazing support (Highbury please note it's not done by reading song sheets you've got to bl**dy sing the words), but I knew as soon as Sheringham came on it was going to be that Barsteward. :x

I actually laughed out loud when they started singing "6-5 we're gonna beat you 6-5". ;D

AFCG7

Established Member
Terrific performance from the team and also terrific peformance by the Pompey fans.. now if only Highbury could make that much noise it would be perfect

Mark

Established Member
AFCG7 said:
Terrific performance from the team and also terrific peformance by the Pompey fans.. now if only Highbury could make that much noise it would be perfect

This was when they were 5-0 down as well, when we were losing to Sp**s earlier in the season the place was a morgue apart from the stupid spudz fans singing. We need to keep the team going especially when things aren't going quite right.

Stim

We've said before Pires and Ljungberg cant play in the same team. It was pretty obvious today that they are both best suited to the left side. But i guess playing them both works well, but we seem more solid when either Gilberto or Parlour plays on the right.

thegame24

Established Member
When the Mancs won the FA cup in 1999 it was the 23rd aswell right?

Anyway today was to easy, we were Great and Pompey were ****, and i wasnt too far off with my 4-1 prediction.

Reyes is starting to show his Spainish form, still rusty in some situations though. However, a few more games and he will be sorted. 8)

No end of superlatives for the performance we put in on the field of play today

But...

"do you ever sing at all?"
"five nil and you still dont sing!"

Its even creeping into our away support.

Their fans were a credit to themselves and their club.

Taozhe

Overall a great performance and Pool fans must think. OMG. hahahaha.

I hope we draw manure in the semis where they will still be without their key defenders. In the final, neville and silvertre mite be available.

Top Bottom