• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Chelsea FC: Carabottlejobs

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
In a normal season he gets the sack but this season you lose 5 in a row and are fighting relegation, win 5 in a row and you’re in the top 4 so I don’t know.

I think he’s staying.

Yh that's the thing this season, it's harder to judge performances. Like players and coaches can still be good or bad at their jobs, but it feels more random this year. Chelsea could win two on the bounce and be back in the top 4.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
They'll just sack Lamps, bring in Tuchel, he'll get the German boys firing, send Mount on loan to Doncaster or somewhere, probably win them a Europa League before getting sacked in 18 months time for a bust-up with the board. Then they'll hire someone else who'll win them something else.

They'll be fine, they always are.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
I implied it here https://arsenal-mania.com/forum/threads/premier-league-2020-21-gameweek-2.34496/page-39#post-5217212 but Werner is not the lone striker Lampard seems determined to mould him into. He's always needed a bigger striker, à la Poulsen or Schick, beside him to perform. The absence of just such a striking partner is why he consistently underperforms for Germany.
Surely that just means the manager should be able to see this too? They do have a big striker in Giroud to put next to him.

Maybe go 4-4-2 with Havertz and Pulisic feeding Giroud/Werner...

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Eq03p4NXUAEZIFb

...go on, Avram son!

Bloodbather

Established Member

The key for Chelsea is to maximize the impact of Werner and Havertz, because they are the most promising players they have on the team despite the struggles, and they aren't doing that.

They're treating Werner as a wide LW or a lone CF, when he's neither of those things. Werner is effective when he can play as an inside forward, or as a second striker next to a taller, physical target man.

As for Havertz, he's either an advanced central playmaker in a 4-2-3-1, a false nine in a 4-3-3, or one of the forwards in a two-man front duo. Doesn't have the pace to play on the wing, and his end product threat is diminished when he doesn't play centrally and closer to the goal.

Chelsea's squad is so oddly built that you're going to have sacrifice some players. You can't accommodate Pulisic and Werner simultaneously, it's difficult to maximize the impact of Havertz and Ziyech simultaneously, any approach that has Werner as a LW and Ziyech as a RW is oddly balanced, you can't find a formula that enables you to play Abraham, Havertz and Mount together. Havertz was an opportunistic purchase, and I do think Chelsea were wise to invest in him when they could, but it did throw a monkey wrench into their squad engineering.

I think Lampard has to be inventive to make it work. One thing he has yet to try is to go for a wingless 4-1-2-1-2 Diamond with Ziyech as the #10 and Werner and Havertz as the front duo. I think that could be the one formation that maximizes the impact. Looks like this:

---------------Mendy------------------
James--Zouma-Silva--Chilwell------
---------------Kanté---------------------
-------Kovačić----Mount-------------
---------------Ziyech---------------------
-------Havertz-----Werner------------

Last edited:

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
AS: The players who want to sack Frank Lampard are foursome: Alonso, Kepa, Rudiger and Jorginho.

Papa Wonga

Established Member
AS: The players who want to sack Frank Lampard are foursome: Alonso, Kepa, Rudiger and Jorginho.

Alonso you could undestand, they both disliked each-other, but I thought he constantly played Jorginho?

Kepa lmao reasonable, and rudiger reasonable. All in all, apart from Jorginho, reasonable.

Reactions: A_G

Latest posts

Top Bottom