• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Favourite AFC player of the decade?

Favourite AFC player of the decade?

• Total voters

Make

Player:Ødegaard
For me, my favourite player is Özil for his passes, but surely, the best player we had in the last decade was Sanchez, he destroyed all defenses in PL

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Big Per deserves a mention, for a few years he was amazing for us...

...it annoys me when people say we haven't had a great centre back pair since Sol-Kolo, loved Kos-Per together...the perfect example of two players helping each other be better, two men who really cared about the club too...know it ended badly with both, Per being basically useless from around 2016 for us, and Kos throwing a fit at the end of his career to leave...but loved both as players, and as people.

Last edited:

progman07

Established Member
Cesc isn't here, but I loved him. I don't care that he left for Barca, it was his home afterall and he probably got tired carrying the team single-handedly here, but it turned out that he has given his best years for us. He was such an all-round player, scoring, assisting, dictating play, even dribbling.

Other than him: Ramsey (the most feel-good half season was the 13-14 when Cesc, RvP left but Ramsey carried us so well), Cazorla obviously, the Koscielny-Mertesacker combo...

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Uninspiring list for me.

I was quite fond of Rosicky though shame about the injuries.

Rosicky or Cazorla, I cared a lot more when Rosicky was here, I half tuned out when Cazorla was the best player at the club.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Uninspiring list for me.

I was quite fond of Rosicky though shame about the injuries.

Rosicky or Cazorla, I cared a lot more when Rosicky was here, I half tuned out when Cazorla was the best player at the club.

Although Rozza played in 2007-2008, a season we nearly won the title while playing some superb football, I always feel this is his best season at the club...

...even with Robin having a GOAT season, we looked dead in the water at the half way point this season, looked no chance we could get infront of Sp**s for Champions League football...but Tommy came into the team, and we just went up a level...love Rosicky!

477959D900000578-5197923-image-a-44_1513767549897.jpg

Last edited:

GoonerJay24

Arteta himself was pivotal for us between 2011-2014 and had the best stats of premier League central midfielders

Team of the decade has to be the 2013-14 side that almost won the league

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Big Per deserves a mention, for a few years he was amazing for us...

...it annoys me when people say we haven't had a great centre back pair since Sol-Kolo, loved Kos-Per together...the perfect example of two players helping each other be better, two men who really cared about the club too...know it ended badly with both, Per being basically useless from around 2016 for us, and Kos throwing a fit at the end of his career to leave...but loved both as players, and as people.
Miss watching Per in that high line and trying to sprint back like a Giraffe during a stampede. Scenes.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Surprised Sanchez is so low in the voting. When he was at his best with us he was unstoppable. Power, energy, aggression and a foot like a traction engine.

Gonna go left field though and go for this guy. Not the best player but my favourite. His habit of sneaking in at the near post, his vastly underestimated ability to link play and while he was never hugely prolific, he scored some screamers along the way, usually completely out of the blue.

His first touch for #1 below was a thing of beauty

This is like all you need to get him off of mod duties!

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Robin Van Persie. My favourite player ever, not the just the last decade. Best Dutch striker in PL history.

Won a title with Utd but ruined his legacy a little. Wasn’t long enough at Utd to be considered a legend and can’t be considered that here due to his transfer to Utd.
Same here. He was just poetry in motion. His final season here is up there with one of the best individual seasons I have ever seen from a player because he practically dragged the worst Arsenal team I've ever seen to a CL place with clowns like Song and Walcott in support.

Forget about some of the most stunning goals, he played like a ballet dancer.

For me, RVP, Santi, Alexis, Sagna, Kos, Nacho, Cesc, Rosicky and Per.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Alexis got me off my seat. When he joined up until the last 3-4 months he was a breath of fresh air. Created, scored, motivated those around him. Run himself into the ground as was one player in our team that would have walked into any team in the league at that point.

Ended badly but so did RVP.

Let's play Aubamawang

Has to be Alexis for me. I was so happy when he joined, and like RVP he carried us through a fair few games with his goals. But he also didn't give up when others were tiring. He never stopped fighting. To me, that is a quality player.

Sure, he left on a sour note but who could really blame him? He wanted more money, knowing eventually he would burn out from all the games he was playing. And it's not as if we were in danger of winning anything other than the FA Cup...

Tbh, if a few more of our players had his desire and work ethic, maybe we would have won more than we did. We could have beat Leicester to the title if we were more determined and disciplined.

Top Bottom