• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FC Barcelona v Arsenal - Tuesday, March 08, 19:45, SS1

Proof

Established Member
With our current injuries and form, I can't see us going through. Although, it should be interesting to see, how we'll handle Barcelona at Nou Camp this time.

- Szczesny -
- Sagna - Djourou - Koscielny - Clichy -
- Song - Fabregas - Wilshere-
- Nasri - Bendtner - Arshavin -

Come on Arsenal!

Invincible

Established Member
We are gonna need heroes in this game. Time for the back 5 to write their name into Arsenal folklore.

They'll absolutely dominate, but can we do what no one has managed to at the Nou Camp this season and keep a clean sheet?

Because I can't see us scoring.

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible
I'm sure we'll put up a good fight this time, and to be honest that's all I'm asking for. If we play like we can and have luck on our side we can go through, Barcelona are not invincible. They will create chances, it's up to us to keep it to a minimum and then hope that when Messi and Villa inevitably get one or two chances they fail to take them. In the meantime we must be ruthless in front of goal.

Those are all not exactly vintage Arsenal qualities, but who knows. In cup football, anything can happen.

blaze_of_glory

Their defence is nothing special, especially without Pique. In fact I think they will be easier to break down than Sunderland were today due to them wanting to come forward so much. We need to attack them early and often. We created lots of chances in the first game by doing just that.

Jbruin

Established Member
Ok, worst case scenario, Jack, Cesc and Song miss the game then we'll see this line up :( :

1299374189454655.jpg

Best case scenario, we have all 3 available and we see this line up:

1299374414698863.jpg

IF just 1 of Song or Jack are out I'd play Nasri in their place and put Gibbs on the left and move Arsh to the right, would proveide a good balance and also this wouldn't be like playing Eboue at RW as Gibbs isn't a completely clueless and impulse based attacker, he thinks of what to do rather than just rashly burting past people and eventually losing the ball.

Anyway lets hope for the best case scenario, if we get that 2nd line up we have a very good chance IMO.

Invincible

Established Member
I don't want Arshavin anywhere near the starting line-up. His laziness and lacklustre/uninterested play won't suit this game at all.

Chamakh for me should start due to his work rate alone.

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
Please no more denilson Arsène.

I'd rather have a knackered Chamakh instead of that happy jogger.

Jbruin

Established Member
Invincible said:
I don't want Arshavin anywhere near the starting line-up. His laziness and lacklustre/uninterested play won't suit this game at all.

Chamakh for me should start due to his work rate alone.

If he is playing upfront I don't want Chamakh on unless we're ahead and we need fresh legs on the pitch, he's a shot shy striker and we NEED to score against Barca as I can't see us keeping a clean sheet.

Arsh has been pretty good lately anyway and has been far from lacklustre, worked very hard today for example.

Invincible

Established Member
Chamakh on the wing and Bendtner up top. It would work far better than the reverse.

Chamakh has played at right wing for Bordeaux and done well in that position.

mo50

Established Member
No Rosicky, Denilson and Diaby for a start. I can't stand those three. Then we need both Fabregas and Song fit.

Some people were saying in the other Barca thread that Song missing the game may be a blessing in disguise, but I disagree strongly. His alternatives, Denilson and Diaby, are 2 terrible, terrible footballers, who are worse than Song in everything. Song can move the ball faster, contrary to popular belief, and at least offers something in the form of physical presence.

We need Bendtner out wide and Chamakh up top. Missing Walcott will be a massive, massive dent to our hopes. We needed his pace to give us an outlet and prevent them from pressing up. You could bet your house they'll be camped in our half now.

I have a feeling this is gonna get real ugly, but if we could get an early goal, and prevent any ****-ups of Silvestre proportions, we may have the slightest of chances.

No more injuries please.

blaze_of_glory

Invincible said:
Chamakh on the wing and Bendtner up top. It would work far better than the reverse.

Interesting, didn't know that...

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
blaze_of_glory said:
Invincible said:

Interesting, didn't know that...

Same, and I agree that Chamakh is better used at RWF because of his high workrate and low selfishness. If there is a split second chance I want Bendtner in the middle to take it because Chamakh won't even shoot.

blaze_of_glory

Yeah thats a good point, but Bendtner has got the ability to put a cross right on Chamahks head. Its a toss-up for me.

Spork

Established Member
I'd prefer an injured walcott an RVP over Denilson and or Diaby.

I predict 2-1 to the mighty Arsenal!

EDIT: 1-0 Nasri 2-0 Bendy 2-1 Messi. Then they will get a penalty in the last minute which Chester will throw off the penalty taker and it will be kicked out of the stadium. =D

P_Gunner

They'll be without Pique and most likely Puyol as well. Every other player is fit and they rested Iniesta today.

Abidal - Milito is still a pretty good center but I think we can break it down.

Not confident we'll go through but I'm not ruling it out. We need a big game from Nasri if we are to have any hope. They can be beaten. We need to attack them and nick a goal then try and hold on.

MDGoonah41

Established Member
I'd prefer

------- Sneeze ----------

-BS - JD-- - LK ------GC

----- AS ------ JW ------

--- NB --- CF ----- SN --

--------- MC -----------

Chamakh up top will cause trouble, at least in occupying both centerbacks, and that should hopefully give Bendtner and Nasri some space. The truth is, we're going to need massively disciplined games from Song, Wilshere and the centerbacks. I think 3 of the 4 have it in them.

Top Bottom