• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FC Barcelona v Arsenal - Tuesday, March 08, 19:45, SS1

Anzac

Established Member
Webdesignlab said:
Can't believe that Spuds are dong better than we are. It's a fecked up world.

Benefits of topping your Group when it becomes a Cup draw.
As for doing better = unless they lift their game & displace either CFC or City then they'll be 1 season wonders as they are currently 5th on equal points but having played a game more.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Webdesignlab said:
Can't believe that Spuds are dong better than we are. It's a fecked up world.

Let's see how they get on against Barcelona. That Milan team is extremely poor by comparison.

Webdesignlab

Established Member
I dreamed I scored the winning goal.

My tactics were thus ...

1. I was a surprise inclusion in the team. They had no idea how to mark me.
2. They didn't even bother to THINK about marking me because I have no particular dribbling skills, no positional sense and can't strike a ball straight for the life in me. Even 'hoofing it' into the stands is beyond me.
3. Grab the ball witha very large foot somewhere near the center circle and then really slowly 'run' (I can't move my legs in most dreams) and then just as I get to their goal mouth their GK was totally surprised to see a middle aged, unfit bloke with a pair of sandals scrape the ball (now a peeled orange BTW) over the line.

Easy ... what's all the bloody fuss?

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Anzac said:
I see Mascherano hasn't taken long to join the annual Barca player wankfest & has said much the same as their chief ***** Xavi.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8689_6804360,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.football365.com/story/0,1703 ... 60,00.html</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

As for being hypocritical = their 74% possession came courtesy of their illegal tactic of player obstruction to regain possession, and their 900 passes came courtesy of them playing 3 passes in the space most teams play 1 - Denilson would fit in perfectly.

Well thats the other thing isn't it the prick were pretty much using all the dark arts to regain posession , which the ref didn't do anything about quite ridiculous .

Anzac

Established Member
celestis said:
Anzac said:
I see Mascherano hasn't taken long to join the annual Barca player wankfest & has said much the same as their chief ***** Xavi.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8689_6804360,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.football365.com/story/0,1703 ... 60,00.html</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

As for being hypocritical = their 74% possession came courtesy of their illegal tactic of player obstruction to regain possession, and their 900 passes came courtesy of them playing 3 passes in the space most teams play 1 - Denilson would fit in perfectly.

Well thats the other thing isn't it the ***** were pretty much using all the dark arts to regain posession , which the ref didn't do anything about quite ridiculous .

It's the football slight of hand equivalent of the hand/ball being faster than they eye. For it to work they need to crowd in close so that their movements are subtle, & then the movement of the ball becomes the distraction = you need to watch the players (including the player in possession) to pick it up, rather than the ball.

Anzac

Established Member
Interesting to read that UEFA are going to use video evidence to review complaints against De Rossi in the Roma/Shaktar game as a result of claims that he elbowed Srna in the head (for which Webb gave Srna a yellow for play acting).

If this is so then there should be a complaint raised re Abidal & Co - not that it would do us any good but moreso to place Barca at a disadvantage in the next round, and more importantly to dispell this growing myth that they are paragons of virtue.

blaze_of_glory

Anzac said:
Interesting to read that UEFA are going to use video evidence to review complaints against De Rossi in the Roma/Shaktar game as a result of claims that he elbowed Srna in the head (for which Webb gave Srna a yellow for play acting).

If this is so then there should be a complaint raised re Abidal & Co - not that it would do us any good but moreso to place Barca at a disadvantage in the next round, and more importantly to dispell this growing myth that they are paragons of virtue.

No point as UEFA investigating such a complaint in a similar fashion would show a modicum of reason and consistency. Thats not how they roll.

Galahad

Webdesignlab said:
I dreamed I scored the winning goal.

My tactics were thus ...

1. I was a surprise inclusion in the team. They had no idea how to mark me.
2. They didn't even bother to THINK about marking me because I have no particular dribbling skills, no positional sense and can't strike a ball straight for the life in me. Even 'hoofing it' into the stands is beyond me.
3. Grab the ball witha very large foot somewhere near the center circle and then really slowly 'run' (I can't move my legs in most dreams) and then just as I get to their goal mouth their GK was totally surprised to see a middle aged, unfit bloke with a pair of sandals scrape the ball (now a peeled orange BTW) over the line.

Easy ... what's all the bloody fuss?

I have such dreams aswell. Difference: Im daydreamin!

On the other hand, Im also the best player in the world when I do. 2 goals from me in the final 5 minutes? No problem! I usually dream about scoring brilliant 30 yard screamers ;-)

Dont do it that often anymore though..

outlaw_member

Established Member
It was quite hilarious when Messi went one-on-one with Koscielny and failed to beat him on the outside, as the latter stepped across and intercepted the ball, only to then fall down and lose it whilst he was sheparding the ball out. Pretty much summed him up to a tee, I thought. Nevertheless, him and Wilshere were the major positives to take out of the games. Neither were unfazed by the magnitude of the occasions, though I suppose having it all to prove would have spurred them on.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
<a class="postlink" href="http://arsenalfcblog.com/why-arsenals-nou-camp-experience-was-similar-to-inter-milans/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://arsenalfcblog.com/why-arsenals-n ... er-milans/</a>

Great read

blaze_of_glory

Clrnc said:
http://arsenalfcblog.com/why-arsenals-nou-camp-experience-was-similar-to-inter-milans/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Great read

Brilliant. The hypocrisy of the media is just sickening.

Rorz

Established Member
outlaw_member said:
It was quite hilarious when Messi went one-on-one with Koscielny and failed to beat him on the outside, as the latter stepped across and intercepted the ball, only to then fall down and lose it whilst he was sheparding the ball out. Pretty much summed him up to a tee, I thought. Nevertheless, him and Wilshere were the major positives to take out of the games. Neither were unfazed by the magnitude of the occasions, though I suppose having it all to prove would have spurred them on.
Both Koscielny and Djourou were very good I thought. For such a young (and relatively inexperienced) pair they did very well against the supposed best attack in the world. The defence as a whole was impessive to be fair, even when we were down to 10 Barca didn't create too many clear cut chances.

Anzac

Established Member
Clrnc said:
http://arsenalfcblog.com/why-arsenals-nou-camp-experience-was-similar-to-inter-milans/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Great read

Closer to home the English media are congradulating Sp**s on their performance which was almost a mirror image of our own.

No one has mentioned any other reffing decision other than 2nd RVP yellow & the resulting sending off.

F*cking pathetic as the media buys into the Barca wankfest.
Barca are the best team in the game because they have a brilliant attack, but also because they & everyone in the media will tell you they are the best, and lastly because they enjoy an overwhelming advantage in possession & field position as they are the best in utilising illegal/cheating tactics to do so.

Webdesignlab

Established Member
Nobody is going to agree with us, nobody will say sorry from UEFA. Wenger will not look like a great manager by sticking it to UEFA. We will just look like bad losers and the way we played ... if you were neutral ... you would a agree.

Who really cares what we think?

Let's move on ... we have a FA Cup to exit .. sorry ... I mean play.

mistaT

Established Member
Webdesignlab said:
Who really cares what we think?

Let's move on ... we have a FA Cup to exit .. sorry ... I mean play.

I certainly don't care what you think with that type of defeatist attitude.

General

Established Member
Anzac said:
Clrnc said:

Great read

Closer to home the English media are congradulating Sp**s on their performance which was almost a mirror image of our own.

No one has mentioned any other reffing decision other than 2nd RVP yellow & the resulting sending off.

F*cking pathetic as the media buys into the Barca wankfest.
Barca are the best team in the game because they have a brilliant attack, but also because they & everyone in the media will tell you they are the best, and lastly because they enjoy an overwhelming advantage in possession & field position as they are the best in utilising illegal/cheating tactics to do so.

I've never see you so cheesed off and would normally expect a few punches Wenger's way after Tuesday so fair play to you. The hypocrisy of the media is shocking but what's more disheartening is the people who read those pathetic articles and take accept them as gospel.

Iloveyouarsenewenger said:
The results usually affect the match analysis (especially in the print media) so much that it is unbelievable.

You can now imagine what would've been written had the first leg ended after 75minutes.

General

Established Member
awooga83 said:
The thing about those comments is they are annoying but on the game it is true. We weren't in that match I have never seen such a one sided game and given what name tags come with us in reference to Barca we aren't in their league really.

You could say the same thing in both the first legs we played against. They were dominant and looked to be home and dry but we still managed to turn over the deficit in the second half. Barca play incisive possession fotball but they are no machines. At some point their legs go due to the sheer physical effort they put in and the obvious strategy to kill a game by the half way mark. Critically they gift you chances and for all their dominance on Tuesday and luxury of playing against ten men, better control from Bendtner could've easily swung the tie back in our favour. You simply have to wait for your turn because attempting to take them on would be nothing but a **** mission. I recall United playing a very poor Barca side in decline 2/3years ago and still surrendering a huge chunk of possession. It looked like one way traffic for the most part yet Barca failed to register a single goal over two legs. I think the tie was eventually settled by a Scholes goal in the return.

General

Established Member
celestis said:
DOUBLE-YOU said:
i was just watching the game again and i noticed the referee seemed to change his mind for the penalty. it looks like he pointed to a goal kick at first then changed his mind after pressure from the players and fans.

Lol you weren't the only who thought that Pedro himself was horrified and then elated .

He clearly gave goal kick and then disgracefully changed his mind after some fiddling with his ear piece. Football at the highest level yet school boy errors aplenty.

On a slightly unrelated note, I think most us ignored the good job Mike Dean did in the Carling Cp final because of the disappointment. Arguably one of the worst referees to have ever set foot in the PL yet he gave a good account of himself in stark contrast with his previously incompetent displays. He is proof that a step change in attitude is achievable but I realise that it has take several complaints and submissions from a few clubs to have him removed from authority to get here. If referees are made more accountable for their actions through a strict assessment system, we would not have witnessed this level of incompetence from Busacca. Unfortunately he will most likely be rewarded with another nice game.

ricky1985

Established Member
Sat through the game again. Some thoughts:

- We were reasonably comfortable first half, more so than it seemed at the time. We actually did a very good defensive job.

- Clichy and Koscielny were abysmal second half. Incredibly naive is how I'd put it, both of them. The number of times they made a wrong decision throughout the match was frankly staggering. The irony is one-on-one they were both very good.

- Djourou was magnificent first half, and barring a 5 minute spell where he switched off in the second half, just after we scored, he was EASILY our best defender. Made more good decisions than anyone else on the pitch in a yellow shirt.

- Sagna was a liability nearly every time he touched the ball, just couldn't find a yellow shirt with his passing. Wasn't too bad defensively though.

- Fabregas was criminally bad in the first half. He should never have played. Had a better second half though.

- The midfield were pretty appalling in the second half. They just didn't have the mental energy levels left to track runners or close angles down any more. They had already been forced into making far too many decisions. Over and over.

- Wenger's approach to stopping Alves and Adriano from getting behind us just did not work. Rosicky and Nasri tried hard, but asking attackers to play as fullbacks, and forcing them to do it all game long, under constant pressure, was never going to work.

-We lacked the pace, power and athleticism to hurt them on the break, but the opportunities were there, Nasri was as close as we had to being able to hurt them that way.

- Messi and Iniesta breaking through tackles was what we found very difficult to deal with. They'd break through the midfield, and the defenders would be in about 6 different minds when trying to decide what to do.

- Bendtner is a useless bastard. Useless.

Latest posts

Top Bottom