• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FC Barcelona v Arsenal - Tuesday, March 08, 19:45, SS1

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

There is one thing though Ricky apart from the fact Barca was camped outside our box the reason they kept posession is the amount of dirty little fouls Barca got away with , they are extremely good at it .

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
What was good about the article was it points out the total contrasts about the media's comments on virtually the same incidents. ****s all of them who dislikes us and can't wait to see us fall.

Agrees with most of Ricky's thoughts. Kos and Clichy was having the toughest job of the whole game marking Messi Pedro Alves Iniesta constantly from that flank. Yet they were brilliant on alot of 1v1 situations. Thought the same about Sagna and Cesc, would Eboue's brilliance in tight situation been better for us like the first leg? Cesc would be hindsight, nobody would have agreed not starting him before the match here.

Attack is the best form of defence. The way Alves and Adriano was attacking, we were never going to counter them

Galahad

Anzac said:
Clrnc said:
http://arsenalfcblog.com/why-arsenals-nou-camp-experience-was-similar-to-inter-milans/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Great read

Closer to home the English media are congradulating Sp**s on their performance which was almost a mirror image of our own.

Though, in fairness, conceding 3 goals less makes it look as a much better performance then ours. Im sure hadnt we conceded, the media would congratulate us aswell.

I mean I agree with you, Sp**s were dire but they got the job done. Everything looks better when you win.

Webdesignlab

Established Member
mistaT said:
Webdesignlab said:
Who really cares what we think?

Let's move on ... we have a FA Cup to exit .. sorry ... I mean play.

I certainly don't care what you think with that type of defeatist attitude.

It's a joke you jumped up ****.

Move along and stop dwelling in the 'could have been's.

awooga83

Established Member
Clichy time and again costs us defensively and always in the same manner. He wins the ball in a tough situation dallies on what to do and loses it almost straight away. He has never learnt from this and appears he never will. The difficult fact is our players/team are not defensively capable of seeing out the tough times we have in games or keeping us in it when our play isn't as its best.

Until we address that and bolster the weak squad players then we will continue to come off the wrong side of results.

People have said Barca were good at the dark side of the game, well you have to be now and we need to not cheat but do the little things that stop teams playing without going over the line.

sabret00the

Established Member
The closest we can get to individual blame on this match is the fact that Fabregas injured after 15 minutes still managed to play the majority of the game. As a whole we couldn't string three passes together nor a shot on goal. It's really time to stop dwelling on this one and look forward.

awooga83

Established Member
I think Cesc shouldn't have played full stop he must not have been ready and to allow him to is an awful decision on Wengers part.

sabret00the

Established Member
That's player power for you. As a result, while we're out of the tie, rumours are that Barca are done with him. That only goes to serve us. That humility could make him twice the player he was.

Iloveyouarsenewenger

Established Member
awooga83 said:
I think Cesc shouldn't have played full stop he must not have been ready and to allow him to is an awful decision on Wengers part.

You do realize that in situations like this, the manager gets to gauge how fit the player is from fitness tests, doctor's report and the player's own description of how he feels, don't you?

When all three things support the fact that the player is fit, the manager has to consider him for selection.

Spork

Established Member
<a class="postlink" href="http://img856.imageshack.us/i/18972118419677829159910.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://img856.imageshack.us/i/189721184 ... 159910.jpg</a>

awooga83

Established Member
Iloveyouarsenewenger said:
You do realize that in situations like this, the manager gets to gauge how fit the player is from fitness tests, doctor's report and the player's own description of how he feels, don't you?

When all three things support the fact that the player is fit, the manager has to consider him for selection.

Yes but you do understand that just because a player could be passed fit to play doesn't mean he should play. The medical staff are just saying whether he can actually be out there whether the injury will still restrict his ability or indeed what risk he has of doing more damage.

The manager needs to be able to have the strength to say look you are no good to us in this condition so even though you might technically be able to play I am not going to.

Wenger never seems to have the strength to do that anytime we have someone like that we play them, a sure sign of our lack of aquad strength and the lack of faith in it.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Iloveyouarsenewenger said:
The results usually affect the match analysis (especially in the print media) so much that it is unbelievable.

What I like to call "hindsight fapping"

Also, didn't Bojan kick the ball in the goal after the whistle had gone? Shouldn't that be a yellow card?

Top Bottom