• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Felipe Baloy

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
ARSENAL have had a reported bid of £1.5million rejected for defender Felipe Baloy by Mexican club Monterrey.

The Gunners have been told to cough up Baloy's £2.25million buyout clause, although sources close to the negotiations say a deal is unlikely at this stage.

Panama international captain Baloy, 27, has made 26 appearances for his country, scoring one goal.
http://www.guardian-series.co.uk/sport/ ... a_star.php

Lancelot

Established Member
I hope that Webdesignlab can help shed some light on this Baloy dude for us.

For all I know, his name sounds like a boxer more than anything else. :lol:

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
still playing in Central America/North America at 27.. hmm.. no thank you... Panama is hardly a hotbed for football....

i've never even heard of this guy, and i live in the CONCACAF region...

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Did you hear Wilson Palacios name either? Neither is Honduras a hotbed for football

Seems like Wenger have some talent scout in that region very actively now. Hope this is not the defender he wants

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
Hmmm, this rumour surfaced earlier as well. I looked him up at the time, but can't remember too much. Not doing it again, so I guess that's that; glad I could help. :D

Webdesignlab

Established Member
Well he ain't a short arse at 6'1. He played for Club America playing in the Copa Libertadores. No idea whether he would be good for us. Mexican teams play route 101 football so he maybe good with long ball. He is not better than Senderos.

Derby County were his preferred destination. Since they are out of the EPL he started chasing us.

No mas Mexicanos, Vela ya es suficiente.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
arsenal_hleb said:
Did you hear Wilson Palacios name either? Neither is Honduras a hotbed for football

Seems like Wenger have some talent scout in that region very actively now. Hope this is not the defender he wants
actually, yes i had heard his name before.. Honduras is a bit more known (at least to me) since their national team leading scorer (Amado Guevara) played in MLS for New York (i live in NJ, so they are my "local" team)...

not to mention David Suazo play for Honduras... (you know, the Inter player who scored 22 goals in Serie A a couple years ago for Cagliari?)

other than this Baloy character, i know no Panamanian player past or present...

beepos

Webdesignlab said:
Well he ain't a short arse at 6'1. He played for Club America playing in the Copa Libertadores. No idea whether he would be good for us. Mexican teams play route 101 football so he maybe good with long ball. He is not better than Senderos.

Derby County were his preferred destination.
Since they are out of the EPL he started chasing us.

No mas Mexicanos, Vela ya es suficiente.

Thats saying something...

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
exactly... if he didnt even get signed by Derby, why do people think he's good enough for us? he's not young... 27 and still playing in CONCACAF region.. thanks, but no thanks

beepos

USArsenal said:
exactly... if he didnt even get signed by Derby, why do people think he's good enough for us? he's not young... 27 and still playing in CONCACAF region.. thanks, but no thanks
Yeah, we can do much, much better. At 27, he doesnt have much room for improvement.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
"Panama international captain Baloy, 27, has made 26 appearances for his country, scoring one goal."

I can't believe the club would be interested in a player of this profile. With all due personal respect to the player, I don't think he's worth of being enquired. Maybe it's the Argentinian Arsenal they are talking about?

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
LOL, very possible there tactica... he's not good enough to play for Arsenal.. if he were, he would have been snapped up a few years ago by another European team.. (other than Derby)

Arsenal Quotes

If you eat caviar everyday, it's difficult to return to sausages

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom