• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Financial Fair Play - flawed concept or a logical solution?

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
It will basically hand ManUre the league every year, and that's a good enough reason to not want it, in my opinion.

Anzac

Established Member
scytheavatar said:
Anzac said:
On 29 March 2012 FIGC announced the annual report for Italian football,[112] which showed that only six clubs produced a profit during the 2010–11 season with an aggregate net loss of €428 million and negative equity of €204 million[113]

That's probably better than many other league, I am not sure if England has 6 clubs which are in the black. And like I said obviously not all clubs are run poorly, Napoli is one of the best examples of a club that everyone should emulate and aspire to be, read this:

<a class="postlink" href="http://swissramble.blogspot.sg/search/label/Napoli" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://swissramble.blogspot.sg/search/label/Napoli</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

IIRC the PL or FA had 8 clubs that turned a profit (AFC, ManU, Spuds being 3), compared to 6 for all of Italian football.

As for Napoli = a bit of a false indication as they went into administration in 2004 & had to start from Serie C with a clean slate after De Laurentis paid 34m in fines to the Italian FA,
and only gained promotion to the top flight along with Juve.

I also note that they posted a loss of just under 5m for June 2011 just after the SwissRamble article was dated.

That's NOT to say they have done a good job under the circumstances on & off the pitch under their new administration,
but they aren't/weren't any shining light prior to the last 6-8 seasons.
That said it looks like they should be able to meet UEFA FFP IF they qualify for either CL or EUROPA, depending on how many positions Italian football are able to retain.

evoh_1

Established Member
Udinese will come to the top of italian football if FFP is implemented properly as they always turn a profit and finsh just below the massive spending clubs, they should be the model which UEFA send out to smallish clubs on how to develop a club.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
Idiots learnt nothing from the Super League 🤦🏻‍♂️
What would they have learnt?

They didn't oppose the super league because of any grassroots reasons, they opposed it because it would have hit their finances and control.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

What would they have learnt?

They didn't oppose the super league because of any grassroots reasons, they opposed it because it would have hit their finances and control.

I mean UEFA. Letting billionaires and nation states ride roughshod over your game isn’t a good idea because they’ll cut you out eventually.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Ahhhh UEFA continuing to tread lightly and not lock the doors on FFP.

UEFA have been exposed, no one takes them seriously anymore and they have become even more ***** now they know all the big boys want the superleague.

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

United hit with 300k euros and Barcelona with 500k euros fines.

Bit of a joke tbh.

I read the article, ours was due to not having the same revenues during Covid and therefore our expenditure; wages, club expenses etc couldn't be covered by what would be our usual revenue, so it was deemed a minor break-even deficit and was back to normal after Covid.

Nothing like City who had 115 charges or Barcelona that was reporting false statements.

I read the article, ours was due to not having the same revenues during Covid and therefore our expenditure; wages, club expenses etc couldn't be covered by what would be our usual revenue, so it was deemed a minor break-even deficit and was back to normal after Covid.

Nothing like City who had 115 charges or Barcelona that was reporting false statements.

Still?

You are paying multiple players over 300k in salary per week.

The fines should be in 10.000.000-40.000.000 range at least if its not points deduction.

If it's proportionate to the revenue then that's fine under FFP, which is the case as a massive club. But most of our revenue is match-based and this took a hit under Covid.

Think that goes for many clubs.

I think it should be transfer ban and point deduction rather than some fines. But if its fine it should be bigger for these big clubs.

FFP just keeps being proven to be a joke.

Arsenal Quotes

The only moment of possible happiness is the present. The past gives regrets. And future uncertainties. Man quickly realised this and created religion. It forgives him what he has done wrong in the past and tells him not to worry about the future, as you will go to paradise.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom