• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FM 2012

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
The demo is out, has anybody tried it? I am with Arsenal now, signed Hummels, Vralsjko and Cavani, sold Rosicky, Djourou, Mannone, Almunia, Watt, Freeman, Murphy.

Trying to sign Tevez, and one of Banega/Javi Martinez/Hamsik.

There are alot of new features in the game, huge improvement imo

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
Playing with Arsenal, with budget of over 40m pounds you can easily transform the squad to title challenging team IMO.

I've signed Hummels, Azpilicueta and bought Tevez at a knock down price of 16m, although he demands huge wages and other bonuses. Sold DJ, Almunia, Mannone and some youngsters.

Trying to sign Hamšik and Cavani, they look like a real deal.

Btw, Per is a BEAST, a perfect covering defender. OX is just average but Ryo looks awesome, both Manchester clubs are offering over 8m for him. :mrgreen:

I'm really pleased with the new features, especially the tactics department, everything is a lot more simplistic, less clicks with the mouse mean it's less confusing. Team talk has improved as well.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I have both Hamsik and Cavani. Hamsik is decent, but Cavani is an absolute beast. Kept out RVP all the way and I am in november.

Gervinho is my best player though, seem to assist and score every single match. Hummels and Mertesacker is an absolutely fantastic partnership at the back as well. Santos is also playing very well, putting in fantastic crosses and setpieces. Arteta is keeping out Hamsik and Banega in the CM spot, while Shava is making the AM spot his very own, 2nd best player in my side. If only all of these is true in real life lol.

My first team 4-1-1-3-1

--------Szczesny
Sagna Mert Hummels Santos
----------Song
----------Arteta
Gervinho Arshavin Jovetic
----------Cavani

Fabianski
Vermaelen
Banega
Walcott
RVP
Hamsik
Vrasjlko

With all these other peeps in my first team
Frimpong
Coq
Wilshere
Diaby
Park
Gibbs
Ramsey
Kos

Armor for Sleep

Established Member
Vermaelen on the bench?!

What are the new features exactly? Won't bother playing the demo as you only have a small database and the number of leagues is restricted (i think) so there i'd rather wait for the full game.

My friend was complaining that Man Utd were unbeatable in his one, they had scored 40 goals and conceded 1 in 12 games.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Hummels and Mertesacker combination is too good as a covering and aggressive BPD, thus I had no choice but to drop Vermaelen. There are too many new features to name, for example the new tactics board is very complicated and you can change the role of the players quite abit, from Anchorman to B2B etc. Also theres a team talk meeting function.

In my game I am the top scoring team, first in the table with City 2nd and Utd 3rd. Only 3 points seperate the top 4 with Chelsea in 4th. I am doing superbly in the league and europa as well winning all games and not losing any yet, but yes I went out to Rubin Kazan in UCL 4th round :lol: Once the team is familiarised with your tactics and if its good you are almost unbeatable with a good team. Arshavin is my top scorer, which led me to think the AM position is very important

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Not going to buy this, as I'm saving money for better games as much as losing interest in FM.
Prefer to stick to the more simple FIFA these days.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

My most epic win thus far

<a class="postlink" href="http://i54.tinypic.com/2dsn09x.png" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://i54.tinypic.com/2dsn09x.png</a>

Anzac

Established Member
Clrnc said:
I have both Hamsik and Cavani. Hamsik is decent, but Cavani is an absolute beast. Kept out RVP all the way and I am in november.

Gervinho is my best player though, seem to assist and score every single match. Hummels and Mertesacker is an absolutely fantastic partnership at the back as well. Santos is also playing very well, putting in fantastic crosses and setpieces. Arteta is keeping out Hamsik and Banega in the CM spot, while Shava is making the AM spot his very own, 2nd best player in my side. If only all of these is true in real life lol.

My first team 4-1-1-3-1

--------Szczesny
----------Song
----------Arteta
----------Cavani

Fabianski
Vermaelen
Banega
Walcott
RVP
Hamsik
Vrasjlko

Frimpong
Coq
Wilshere
Diaby
Park
Gibbs
Ramsey
Kos

What roles are you playing with your set up?
Was going to have a look at:
Montolivo as a deep playmaker;
RVP in the hole;
Gerv & AA on the flanks;
Jovetic off the bench;
Cavani/Benzema/Higuain/Love/Doumbia ahead of RVP.

Anzac

Established Member
Clrnc said:

My first team 4-1-1-3-1

--------Szczesny
----------Song
----------Arteta
----------Cavani

Fabianski
Vermaelen
Banega
Walcott
RVP
Hamsik
Vrasjlko

Frimpong
Coq
Wilshere
Diaby
Park
Gibbs
Ramsey
Kos

What roles etc are you playing?

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
Over 40m pounds + future sales. With that kind of money you can easily transform the squad in to title winning team, especially if you consider Tevez is available on a knock down price. :D

Anzac

Established Member
Beksl said:
Over 40m pounds + future sales. With that kind of money you can easily transform the squad in to title winning team, especially if you consider Tevez is available on a knock down price. :D

Is it easy enough to sell players?

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
You can't sell Diaby and Squillaci because they're injured, as for the rest you have to lower your asking price considerably bellow their true value because there's not a lot of interest in the likes of Rosicky, Almunia et company.

Anzac

Established Member
Beksl said:
You can't sell Diaby and Squillaci because they're injured, as for the rest you have to lower your asking price considerably bellow their true value because there's not a lot of interest in the likes of Rosicky, Almunia et company.

Lol - which is true enough & what we SHOULD have done in the summer in reality.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
What I found really pleasing is how clubs interested in your player(s) are more persistent with their bids. In previous games they were thrown away if you rejected their bid and in most cases they never came back with the improved offer. Now it's more realistic, for example I had rejected at least 10 bids from Man Utd for Ryo, where initial fee was around 2,5M and the last one close to 10M :D

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Anzac said:
What roles are you playing with your set up?
Was going to have a look at:
Montolivo as a deep playmaker;
RVP in the hole;
Gerv & AA on the flanks;
Jovetic off the bench;
Cavani/Benzema/Higuain/Love/Doumbia ahead of RVP.
My roles are

------GK
WB BPD BPD WB
------A
-----B2B
-----AM
IF CF IF

Obviously I also changed some instructions

Anzac

Established Member
Clrnc said:
My roles are

------GK
WB BPD BPD WB
------A
-----B2B
-----AM
IF CF IF

Do you play the midfield vertical as in a 4-1-1-3-1?
If so how do you go for coverage & width so the midfield doesn't get by-passed?
Does your AM play the support role to assist in defence?
Or do you keep the FBs on defend rather than support duty?
Does your CF play as deep forward & in a support or attack role?

Just asking as I've used all those roles in other configurations,
but not anything that's been so vertical through the middle.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
Clrnc said:
My roles are

------GK
WB BPD BPD WB
------A
-----B2B
-----AM
IF CF IF

You don't need two BPDs IMO, BPD is excelling alongside a covering defender and you have a perfect candidate in Per for that.

Top Bottom