• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Folarin Balogun (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I've been wondering if the agent is posturing. Maybe we are too but we will eventually cough up a big(ish) contract offer for him once we clear our wage bill a bit. He probs wants a large amount for a youth player.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Still holding out hope this is an agent trying to get a better contract deal for his client.

Nketiah is no bum so I don't think he deserves the hate. He's the under 21 England record holder ffs. You don't get that record and not become a Premier League legend.

CkWShc0W0AAfagX.jpg

P.S. - Legend on the right here

Eddie isn't made of glass and doesn't have unhelpful *ahem* extracurricular activities.

Jack_the_boy

Definitely Not Manberg
Nobody knows his potential level, but my point is Nketiah has had plenty of opportunities here and anyone with a brain can see he will simply not be good enough at the highest level. So then you give Balogun the chance to see if he can actually make it and perform better, he has the better qualities.

Nketiah is far from a complete player in any way shape or form, like I said before he has no stand out attributes, quite small in size, no real blistering pace, quite up and down finishing with Arsenal, not great at dribbling or passing... There's a reason why he's been completely dropped now.

Nketiah’s scored more and assisted more than Balogun has at every level. The Balogun hype is from social media, not from watching him play.

zilfy

Nketiah’s scored more and assisted more than Balogun has at every level. The Balogun hype is from social media, not from watching him play.
That's right, though I think it's also influenced by the fans' desire to have a CF that is for once strong and powerful, can actually hold up play, and looks dangerous as hell in the box.

I agree theres no evidence that Balogun is a better striker than eddie, but it's also a case of Eddie not really fitting the kind of profile we need at CF right now, whereas Balogun is the right profile

Iceman10

Established Member
That's right, though I think it's also influenced by the fans' desire to have a CF that is for once strong and powerful, can actually hold up play, and looks dangerous as hell in the box.

I agree theres no evidence that Balogun is a better striker than eddie, but it's also a case of Eddie not really fitting the kind of profile we need at CF right now, whereas Balogun is the right profile

I don’t know if it is appropriate to compare Eddie with Francis Jeffers, but that’s what I am reminded of as a tough fit for Arsenal going back quite a while now. Mikel Arteta sees something though, he was asked in the latest press conference if Eddie was going anywhere on loan and his answer was a pretty decisive no.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
I don’t know if it is appropriate to compare Eddie with Francis Jeffers, but that’s what I am reminded of as a tough fit for Arsenal going back quite a while now. Mikel Arteta sees something though, he was asked in the latest press conference if Eddie was going anywhere on loan and his answer was a pretty decisive no.
Like a fit Jeffers, Eddie is a very useful poacher type who can be a real impact guy off the bench or in games where we are dominating possession, territory and chances. He's not a very clean finisher, which needs to improve, but he scores the kind of goals that no-one else in the squad will.

Because of the obsession with the next wonderkid, there is this huge pressure to be the finished article at 20, when all but the truly elite and early peakers tend to not get there til their mid 20s at the earliest.

Its this odd perception that its only young players who can be effective, and its a younger mans game, and players tail off earlier, particular forward players - when in reality that's less true than its ever been. Half the top strikers in Europe at the mo are late-20s / Early-mid-30s, and most playing at a much higher performance level than earlier in their career

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

But he is not younger. Nketiah is old news. We have jumped wagon to the younger one. Our fans view young players like how Leonardo Dicaprio ivews women. After certain age they lose interest. For us its 21....for Leonardo its 25

dave_rwr

Established Member
Like a fit Jeffers, Eddie is a very useful poacher type who can be a real impact guy off the bench or in games where we are dominating possession, territory and chances. He's not a very clean finisher, which needs to improve, but he scores the kind of goals that no-one else in the squad will.

Because of the obsession with the next wonderkid, there is this huge pressure to be the finished article at 20, when all but the truly elite and early peakers tend to not get there til their mid 20s at the earliest.

Its this odd perception that its only young players who can be effective, and its a younger mans game, and players tail off earlier, particular forward players - when in reality that's less true than its ever been. Half the top strikers in Europe at the mo are late-20s / Early-mid-30s, and most playing at a much higher performance level than earlier in their career

That's kind of exactly the issue with him though, no? He's a "very useful poacher type" who is "not a very clean finisher". Like a very useful target man who is not great at heading the ball.

I think Nketiah will become a reliable 10 goals a season kind of striker, but at a second-tier club and we (hopefully) are still aiming higher than that.

LG10

John Jules is rated higher by the club and we have martinelli who is the biggest attacking prospect in the world.

We also offered balogun ridiculous money for someone who’s barely played any football and he rejected it. Good riddance I say, can’t blame the club for this one.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
The way he did things, I would say good riddance. Don't want to see another c*nt like Sanchez and Özil who don't want to sign a contract unless everybody kneels before him

Iceman10

Established Member
The way he did things, I would say good riddance. Don't want to see another c*nt like Sanchez and Özil who don't want to sign a contract unless everybody kneels before him

Not sure he has done much wrong, regardless of what his agent is doing. Have to let this play out. Romano and Watts both say the player would like something to be worked out for a future at Arsenal, but it is about opportunities.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Not sure he has done much wrong, regardless of what his agent is doing. Have to let this play out. Romano and Watts both say the player would like something to be worked out for a future at Arsenal, but it is about opportunities.
Is he a slave or he can pick his agent himself?

Iceman10

Established Member
Is he a slave or he can pick his agent himself?

I don’t necessarily blame the agent either, he is just doing what agents do. Balogun has to get the best for himself, whether it is at Arsenal or to try to do a Gnabry. He’s not a slave of Arsenal either, it is just negotiations, let’s hope for the conclusion we want.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I don’t necessarily blame the agent either, he is just doing what agents do. Balogun has to get the best for himself, whether it is at Arsenal or to try to do a Gnabry. He’s not a slave of Arsenal either, it is just negotiations, let’s hope for the conclusion we want.
What has annoyed me is all that **** on IG. He was always commenting on our lineups for the PL and just generally getting involved, I thought at one stage that surely he’s staying if he’s doing this but he and his agent ended up tryna just take us to the cleaners or leave.

John oxford

he will be back to premier league in 3 years for + £100m. one another wonderful service from our lulu double edu and arteta.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom