• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Folarin Balogun (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
That's kind of exactly the issue with him though, no? He's a "very useful poacher type" who is "not a very clean finisher". Like a very useful target man who is not great at heading the ball.

I think Nketiah will become a reliable 10 goals a season kind of striker, but at a second-tier club and we (hopefully) are still aiming higher than that.

I don't give a crap how clean finishers are as long as they go in. Eddie needs to improve his finishing for sure, but if we could actually get the ball in the box, his movement and ability to improvise would result in quite a few untidy (but just as important) goals. He's obvs not at the level of Auba or Laca, but he is the one most likely to poke in a loose ball or bundle one home. How effective he is depends on what the teams is doing. Which makes him v unlikely to ever be a first choice striker at EPL level, but equally a guy who will always chip in with a few goals

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
I'm not too bothered about this but hope this Garlick dude knows what he is doing. This kid despite showing nothing on a contract should be fetching us 20m.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

honestly money these days is too much specially at big clubs also agents play part of this too.
He’s done the best thing for his career? Seems more about playing time than money or anything else.

Some of the other reserve lot on the fringes should take note.

His trolling on twitter and the forum begging him kinda put me off, but he did look good though. Best of luck to him.

akhil

He’s done the best thing for his career? Seems more about playing time than money or anything else.

Some of the other reserve lot on the fringes should take note.

His trolling on twitter and the forum begging him kinda put me off, but he did look good though. Best of luck to him.

If that's the case why not sign a short extension, like 2-3 years and go out on loan for 6 months? Our striker situation is going to change a lot in 6 months anyway.

But he's got very little hope of breaking through under Arteta unless he has a good loan.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

If that's the case why not sign a short extension, like 2-3 years and go out on loan for 6 months? Our striker situation is going to change a lot in 6 months anyway.

But he's got very little hope of breaking through under Arteta unless he has a good loan.
Not sure. To me he seemed pretty determined to leave, I’m not actually mad at the club for this one.

akhil

Not sure. To me he seemed pretty determined to leave, I’m not actually mad at the club for this one.

Yeah not mad at the club, you can't keep them all.

It's just weird, if the boy wants to stay but he's concerned about playing time, there are options available that keeps everyone satisfied.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Casually nutmegging the squad before he’s off to Germany. I’m actually not as fond as this kid as the rest of you :lol:

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Looks a talented player, but having Martinelli in our ranks means that I don't really care.

Yeah I do think people should consider this. Of we build the squad how we need to, Martinelli should be moved up top because we have proper AM/winger options.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
I don't give a crap how clean finishers are as long as they go in. Eddie needs to improve his finishing for sure, but if we could actually get the ball in the box, his movement and ability to improvise would result in quite a few untidy (but just as important) goals. He's obvs not at the level of Auba or Laca, but he is the one most likely to poke in a loose ball or bundle one home. How effective he is depends on what the teams is doing. Which makes him v unlikely to ever be a first choice striker at EPL level, but equally a guy who will always chip in with a few goals

Nketiah will always be a great option for a midtable club and even be successful there.
Good become a reliable 10 goal guy or so.

But we as Arsenal fans, and as a result, fans who also love and expect a certain style of play, kinda want to see and deserve a new RVP.
We need a striker that has more than just great poaching instincts, and I actually dont see any outstanding qualities with Nketiah in other regards.

Even Auba isn't that great overall, but a AAA finisher and runner with the ball.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Nketiah will always be a great option for a midtable club and even be successful there.
Good become a reliable 10 goal guy or so.

But we as Arsenal fans, and as a result, fans who also love and expect a certain style of play, kinda want to see and deserve a new RVP.
We need a striker that has more than just great poaching instincts, and I actually dont see any outstanding qualities with Nketiah in other regards.

Even Auba isn't that great overall, but a AAA finisher and runner with the ball.
I don't disagree with this, which is why I've said that I see him as a 3rd choice striker down the line, until he gets usurped by someone from the youth set up who actually wants to commit to the club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The match will be shown on Match of the Day later this evening and if you don't want to know the result look away now as we show you Tony Adams lifting the cup for Arsenal.

Steve Rider

Latest posts

Top Bottom