<

Folarin Balogun (Out)

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by Preacher, Jun 29, 2020.

1. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Dishonest To His Federation

Balogun is very talented player.

Also Amaechi is only 19 year old. It could very well be that you hear about him later.

2. Trilly

Trilly The John Sauce Of Ilford Trusted

Yeah...but probably not.

3. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Dishonest To His Federation

You never know. Gnabry left here and people didnt talk about him in 2 years while on loan in Germany and or even his first few years at Bayern.

Trilly likes this.
  4. Kav

Kav Well-Known Member

Players develop at different speeds and it’s always dependent on the right environment for them to flourish. We tend to overlook the impact that coaches and systems have on the performance of players. Some players are just not suited to certain coaches and will take some time to find the right people who value them and trust them

5. Trilly

Trilly The John Sauce Of Ilford Trusted

True!

but Gnabry at least stayed in the top division. Amaechi is young but it’s worrying he’s not playing regularly in Bundesliga 2.

6. Red London

Red London Well-Known Member

I was furious when Gnabry left, one of my favourite players in the club at the time.

Probably the worst management Wenger had here, sending such a talented young foreign player on loan to Tony Pulis' West Brom (who was Wenger's nemesis anyway).

It hurts because we saw him impress in the first team and at the Olympics before he left. If we were to lose Balogun for £5-8m and he was to come good it wont be as bad, unless he becomes elite too ffs.

Vanfrothan likes this.
  7. Oxeki

Oxeki New Threads, Old Tweets

It was a mistake alright. But the club ended up learning form it. Nowadays, we're very particular about the club we send our players to on loan.

I hope Balogun signs a new contract. If he doesn't, it's not the end of the world. We're quite stacked in his position.
    Nketiah and Martinelli are both ahead of him.

8. Maybe

Maybe Well-Known Member

There is a difference between the two, Gnabry basically had idiots like Chambo and Walcott blocking his game and it was clear from the first minute that he will be a better player than both of them. Still remember most of the fans were laughing at the idea of Gnabry playing instead of them.
    Balogun, on the other hand, has to compete with some great forwards that we have and also against a top talent like Martinelli, and let's say Eddie.
    It's a different situation and even if he does become successful, we shouldn't have any regrets about it

AberGooner likes this.
  9. pigge

pigge Wishes Wrestling Fans Liked Him

I medan Eddie has done ****. However he has Still done more than gnabry did here. And gnabry was your favoriter player?

So Many People rewriting history with gnabry jesus

10. Maybe

Maybe Well-Known Member

Where did I say that? Honestly, WTF

In terms of achievements, none of them did anything here, it's just about predicting how far a player can progress from a specific point of his career.

What I'm saying, Balogun's progress is completely blocked with players that have better potential than himself (Martinelli), and established first team players at their peak (Auba, Laca). Gnabry had injury prone morons blocking his progress, and Wenger

pigge likes this.
  11. truth_hurts

truth_hurts Well-Known Member

I know he scores a lot of goals, but is Balogun suited to playing as cf in a front 3? He looks good, but I wouldn't feel comfortable with him starting games here at cf. Think I even have more belief in Eddie as a cf than Martinelli despite Martinelli definitely being the better player.

Saka and Martinelli are definitely long term options here for the wide areas. 8 don't see where Balogun fits in?

12. drippin

drippin Well-Known Member

And we have John-Jules too. He is half a year older than Balogun.

13. truth_hurts

truth_hurts Well-Known Member

I like John Jules. Balogun seems more dangerous, but John Jules seems a more natural cf.

For the record, I don't think TJJ will make it here whereas Balogun could if he were prepared to play the kong game.

drippin likes this.
  14. jmsmtthw28

jmsmtthw28 Well-Known Member Trusted

Balogun plays on the shoulder of the last man, TJJ is more of a modern forward where he can hold the ball up, bring others into play, linkup and also score.
    I still think we should try to keep Balogun at all cost because hes the type of forward thats hard to find nowadays but lets see how it works out.

KenyanGoon, AberGooner and drippin like this.
  15. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

After seeing Liverpool selling youngster for 10m so our club acting in right way to ask 15m for Bolagun

Iceman10 likes this.
  16. drippin

drippin Well-Known Member

It's a tough situation. This will easily become another situation about which we will hear endlessly how bad the club is managed.

Without people realizing you can't hypnotize players to become slaves with no own will at all.

17. jmsmtthw28

jmsmtthw28 Well-Known Member Trusted

I dont think you can blame the club in this tbh
    We have 3 STs in the first team
    and then TJJ, Greenwood and Balogun in reserve not to mention Plange and the rest
    Its just a case of having too many players in one position, I'm sure we offered to send him out on loan if he signs a new contract but he wants first team football now so theres not much you can do but cash in on him if he refuses to accept that.

drippin likes this.
  18. yousif_arsenal

Hopefully we getting decent fee

MD3 Gunner likes this.
  19. yousif_arsenal

Darren say it's permanent deal not a loan.

20. Sanchez11

Sanchez11 Superior Journalist To Charles Watts

Buy back or sell on better be included