• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Folarin Balogun (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilshero

Tbf sell with a buy back clause seems the most reasonable thing to do here and I with we did it more frequently. He wont get the game time he needs to develop properly here, better for him and us if he goes somewhere else to get his minutes. If he turns out to be a world beater we can bring him back for a fraction of his real value, and the other club gets paid for developing him for us. I also believe that the purchasing club will be more inclined to bet on him if they actually buy him instead of just loan him for a season.

Win win really

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
The player nor the buying club needs to accept a buy back clause. We'll get a small fee. He could be a Malen, but could equally be an Akpom.

We have enough talented forwards for me not to be too upset about this. It's not like when we binned Gnabry in favour of Theo and Ox.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Out of interest what has Mikel said about TJJ?

https://www.football.london/arsenal-fc/players/tyreece-john-jules-arteta-injury-17872075
The 19-year-old fractured his tarsal bone and hasn't featured for The Imps since February 11. In his seven games he would have had valuable experience, however, starting out in a two-man strike partnership with Tyler Walker before leading the line himself when Walker was recalled by Nottingham Forest.

Having exposed himself to new systems, Arteta believes that will only help John-Jules going forward.

"I think he can do both. When he was with us I was impressed with him, his understanding of the game, how he links with the people around him, how powerful he is. He has got a goal in him." the Arsenal head coach said.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
I don't think he's leaving. I think he's angling for a promotion in terms of making the senior team along with a pay bump. We will probably give it to him.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I would be all for that, Balogun is a serious talent.
If we can keep him, send him out on loan next season but Orny seems pretty confident hes leaving.

Last edited:

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I would be all for that, Balogun is a serious talent.
If we can keep him, send him out on loan next season and then bring him in then great but Orny seems pretty confident hes leaving.
We should in theory be able to keep all of Balogun, Nketiah and TJJ.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
We should in theory be able to keep all of Balogun, Nketiah and TJJ.
You need to add Martinelli to that as well.
That could actually work for the next 2 years when they won't expect to play every game, but after that, all of them would want to be a starting CF and we would need to decide who stays.
For now, yeah, you could probably stick Martinelli or Eddie a bit wide, TJJ as a second striker and see how it goes in EL games and domestic cups

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
You need to add Martinelli to that as well.
That could actually work for the next 2 years when they won't expect to play every game, but after that, all of them would want to be a starting CF and we would need to decide who stays.
For now, yeah, you could probably stick Martinelli or Eddie a bit wide, TJJ as a second striker and see how it goes in EL games and domestic cups
Precisely. At some point of course something will have to give, whether that is Nketiah, or TJJ, or whoever. But sometimes allowing quality to compete with one another will lead to quality improving upon itself.

Bloodbather

Established Member

All I care about is a good exit deal that acts as insurance against the possibility of him blowing up elsewhere. That's the lesson we should learn from past failures like Gnabry or Reine-Adelaide. Picking and choosing from prospects and sometimes losing out is inevitable because player development can be very volatile. You do your best to assess their future prospects and make a choice. What you don't do is to not insure yourself.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Well its probably going to be a couple of million and 10-15% sell on clause.
I would rather see us hold onto him.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I understand he want to play first team football but we can't promise him that don't think even at Brentford he'll be able to get alot of first minutes even tho it'll be smart step for his development.

10M for Benrahma plus Balogun would be welcome business

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

This is either his agent or Brentford playing games, they bid £5m in January and want another gift from us.

Whatever happens we need either a buy back clause or a massive sell on %.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
This is either his agent or Brentford playing games, they bid £5m in January and want another gift from us.

if we really interested in Benrahma we should take this as advantage to get him more cheaper.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️

Or convince him to sign a new contract. It’s a shame. With the age profiles of Auba and Laca, he’ll be in line to be a serious option for the first team.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Or convince him to sign a new contract. It’s a shame. With the age profiles of Auba and Laca, he’ll be in line to be a serious option for the first team.
Nketiah and John-Jules are ahead of him, even if he’s probably more talented than both.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom