• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Folarin Balogun (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
if we really interested in Benrahma we should take this as advantage to get him more cheaper.
Do you think Benrahma can make that much of a step up though given the quality of the level of football? I don’t mean the EPL level necessarily, but more the “Arsenal level”. I see a slight difference.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Do you think Benrahma can make that much of a step up though given the quality of the level of football? I don’t mean the EPL level necessarily, but more the “Arsenal level”. I see a slight difference.
I think he is in age to make the next step he'll be 25 soon he got the ability to make it in PL his wages won't be massive and if Brentford failed to get promoted there is big chance we get him under 20M.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Why not offer him out on loan and see how he gets on, then go from there. He is behind Eddie and Martinelli already.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Yes sadly when you have very talented academy you can't keep everyone here it's still win-win for us because we won't selling them cheaply.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Why not offer him out on loan and see how he gets on, then go from there. He is behind Eddie and Martinelli already.
he refused to sign new contract and only got 1 year left so we got no choice just to sell for maximum and hope we interest buyback clause.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Balogun out, this don in.

ixypmvbdb479ycyqmb6p.jpg

Raul and Kia have done it again. :drool:

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I think people will Gnabry the **** out of his potential rise if/when he leaves but ultimately I don't think this will hurt us as much as people think. CF is arguably one of our strongest areas both in terms of XI and through the academy. While Balogun is potentially a more explosive talent than Nketiah and TJJ, Nketiah is a player who is tough to write off and TJJ has strong advantages of being a vastly different striker to the others and definitely has his uses potentially. Said before that Balogun had far outgrown youth football and should be playing grown men football already - seems like he and his agent agree. Not much we can do unless we offload a couple of CFs, which wouldn't be a good idea. Whatever you think of Eddie Nketiah, he's demonstrated that he can score goals at first team level - I wouldn't be in a hurry to sell, at least not for another couple of seasons.

If I were a betting man, I'd keep a close eye on TJJ. Highly-rated by the club, highly rated by Arteta, fits his wants from a CF currently and he has the most all-round game of all the strikers - including Balogun IMO. What he has so far lacked as an out-and-out goalscoring threat compared to Nketiah and Balogun, he has more technical quality and a higher football IQ. I can see him complementing our attack very well if he develops right.

Need to get used to it I think, our new u18s are pretty special. Not all of them will stay here.
There'll be some painful exits in this intake and the one before, I'm sure of it. I'd say about 6-7 of them will be at least squaddies in the long-term and that's me being SUPER optimistic :lol: (in reality, it'll be 3 tops).

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Just put a buy back clause..
I think we likely won't. We're looking to get max value for his signing. If we were gonna put a buy-back in, we'd have sold him to Brentford for the £4-5 million they initially offered. I think we'll angle for the sell-on which I think is ultimately a better idea. If he busses the PL and goes for a big fee, we get a piece of the action. And as I said in the post above, Balogun isn't the only big prospect we have at CF.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Sad because I rate him more than Nketiah. I call this a Iwobi - Gnabry situation.

Shalmaneser V

I think he is in age to make the next step he'll be 25 soon he got the ability to make it in PL his wages won't be massive and if Brentford failed to get promoted there is big chance we get him under 20M.

Don’t think Brentford will fail to get promotion though. I see them turning Fulham over. Wouldn’t mind them in the premier league as they’re the nearest prem or championship club to me. Griffin park is less than 7 miles away.

Still want us to take Benrahma from them though.

nick gould

Only because he is younger than them, but the kid is pretty special from the little I have seen. Balance, pose, composure, pace and dribbling. You can't ask much more from a striker.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

It’s alright though, that £8m will go straight to Kia.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Why LFC suddenly want all our young players? i read they have best academy in England according to their fans. any deal we should include buyback clause.

say yes

forum master baiter
£8m for a youth player who has never played for us is pretty good going tbf.

Would be nice to have a buyback clause, but either way best of luck to the lad, and well done to our academy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom