• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Football Manager '16

• Thread starter Enoch
  • Start date
  • Replies 160
  • Views 29,459

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
How do you get your possession stats so high @Dokaka ? I tried to ask my team to retain possession and make more short passes but I always average only 57% and not even the highest number of passes in the league.

BobP

Memri Fan
Need the help of any posters who can speak German in order to translate player roles and positions from German into their English equivalents, unfortunately I can only find the abbreviations which is why I'm asking for help.

MTW - V - Goalkeeper - Defend

FV - U - Wing Back - Support
IV -V - Central Defender - Defend
IV - V - Central Defender - Defend
FV - V - Wing Back - Support

AM - A
MZ - V - Central Midfielder - Defender
MZ - U - Central Midfielder - Support
AM - A

DS - V
HaS - A ( The a was the german a, not sure what the actual word for it was)

I've managed to translate half the team but I might be wrong.

I have no idea what the translations for the specific positions and roles of the wingers and attackers.

Would absolutely appreciate it if any german speaking FM players could translate it for me.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

AM - Außen mittelfieldspieler - wide midfield player

HaS - Halbstürmer - second striker

DS - Some kind of stürmer as well. Defensive forward I guess.

There is no German 'A', but it probably stands for 'Angriff', which means attacking.

BobP

Memri Fan
AM - Außen mittelfieldspieler - wide midfield player

HaS - Halbstürmer - second striker

DS - Some kind of stürmer as well. Defensive forward I guess.

There is no German 'A', but it probably stands for 'Angriff', which means attacking.

You're a literal god, thank you very much.

Was also referring to a umlaut.

BobP

Memri Fan
FYI, Xhaka is absolute garbage on FM 15, absolute garbage.

Never have I had a player perform as badly as him regardless of how many times I change his role.

Even Dahoud performs better than him, and he's a ****ing teenager.

To top it all off, he got sent off in a game against Hamburg when we were primed to win, ended up losing the game.

Fined him 2 weeks wages, he had a sook, I refused to retreat.

I've put him in the U19s and am now playing Dahoud.

BobP

Memri Fan
FMs got a problem with pressing.

It's very man oriented, near impossible to strike the balance which achieves ball oriented pressing, have to delicately pull and push levers to achieve it.

It's like if you set the pressing too high, the players get pulled out of position and your shape is easily played through. If you focus purely on the maintenance of a vertically and horizontally compact structure, you have to sacrifice any aggressiveness in defense and you become too timid.

I think I may achieved the ideal tactic, as I have succeeded in funneling play away from central areas and into the "non dangerous" wide areas, however that creates another problem as we're susceptible as **** to high balls, meaning corners and crosses, as well as dead ball situations such as corners and free kicks.

Literally all the goals I've conceded have come from such a situation.

Presumably I'd need to maybe train the players on defensive positioning, or defensive set pieces.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

These games get worse every year imo. Couldnt get in to this one at all. Tactic creation just seems broken to me. Even though there have always been exploits and such, now more than ever it feels like you goal is to figure out the AI rather than just making a good or interesting tactic (obviously focusing on the opposition strengths and weaknesses is important), it should probably be a little more forgiving. Seems to too heavily require tactics to be spot on, in previous games just having really good players was enough to carry you as long as your tactics were not a complete mess.

BobP

Memri Fan
Do any of you guys have those games where the opposing team will score 2 quick goals on you in the first half, and whatever you do, you never manage to find a way back into the game?

When you do push to get back into the game, you hit the post about 3 times and the opposition goalkeeper makes an inexplicable triple save at some stage in the match.

Games like that are like clockwork, I essentially pack it up because I know I'm not getting anything out of that game.

Furthermore, how the **** do you logically fix the finishing of your players? Seriously, it gets so bad at times that I put all the individual training of all the players on finishing and on heavy, even the defenders.

Nyctophobia

Established Member
Furthermore, how the **** do you logically fix the finishing of your players? Seriously, it gets so bad at times that I put all the individual training of all the players on finishing and on heavy, even the defenders.
When I've had this problem it's usually been when the tactical familiarity isn't very high, after I get that up high and go about business as usual it seems to resolve.

Sometimes you just have one of those games where nothing goes right, I wouldn't mind if it felt a bit less fixed, it's a bit over the top at times with all the misses.

30 shots, 7 clear-cut chances, no goals, while the opponent has three freaking shots and two goals. :lol:

BobP

Memri Fan
When I've had this problem it's usually been when the tactical familiarity isn't very high, after I get that up high and go about business as usual it seems to resolve.

Sometimes you just have one of those games where nothing goes right, I wouldn't mind if it felt a bit less fixed, it's a bit over the top at times with all the misses.

30 shots, 7 clear-cut chances, no goals, while the opponent has three freaking shots and two goals. :lol:

Definitely, if the game was a little more subtle about it, I wouldn't have minded, but it's so blatant.

BobP

Memri Fan
I want to cry.

I went through my first season at Borussia Monchengladbach. Using an innovative 4-4-2-0, where I wasn't playing with anybody on the striker line, I managed a 2nd placed finish.

We had some big performers and obviously we had some big clubs circling them. I sold Ibrahima Traore for 15M to Liverpool, which I was really happy with, but guess what? The stingy board wouldn't give me access to the fee we received for Traore. They only gave me 10M for finishing in 2nd, and that was it.

To make matters worse, I had no idea that my top scorer, Max Kruse, had a paltry release clause in his contract, which was only about half of his actual worth. In other words, his value was 18M, but his release clause was 9M, he left for Dortmund. And if that wasn't bad enough, once again, the board wouldn't give me access to even that disappointing transfer fee.

Also lost Kramer who went back to Leverkusen.

I bought in some Argentinian lad called Jorge Correa as a replacement for Traore, who he's definitely better than, only for 6.5M.

Brought in Julian Weigl for 2.5M but sent him back on loan to 1860.

Brought in Gnabry on loan, to try him out as a shadow striker.

Lastly, I brought in Hervin Ongenda, for 1M, might eventually develop into a good striker.

David_Smith

People underestimate morale. It's really important. Just so in real life too.
If morale is poor your team will under-perform. Set match preperation to team cohesion and make sure you get your team talks & press conferences right.
If morale is too high it can lead to cockyness and slip ups, in which case ignore team some team talks and don't work on squad harmony. Big up your opponent too.

Last edited:

David_Smith

**** this I won the Premier league and FA Cup in my first season at Arsenal, finished 2nd in my second season & lost the Champions league final and I got sacked :(

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

**** this I won the Premier league and FA Cup in my first season at Arsenal, finished 2nd in my second season & lost the Champions league final and I got sacked :(

Did you set expectations as Winner? It's really not worth doing - few extra millions for unnecessary pressure.

Anyway this games broken, this is my Bordeaux team after 3 seasons ffs (because of After League App clauses)

3 League titles, just brought in Pogba/Hazard so should win CL...

77d4fc20c33144549a5444347403b657.png

David_Smith

Did you set expectations as Winner? It's really not worth doing - few extra millions for unnecessary pressure.

Anyway this games broken, this is my Bordeaux team after 3 seasons ffs (because of After League App clauses)

3 League titles, just brought in Pogba/Hazard so should win CL...

77d4fc20c33144549a5444347403b657.png

Nice team man.
In the league in my second season went on losing streaks due to poor morale. I learned how important it is.
Lost the Champions league final to Juventus due to poor tactics. Oh well, got to lose some I guess.
Imo, using wonderkid shortlist is a bit of a cheat. More fair to rely on your scouts to find them.

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

Nice team man.
In the league in my second season went on losing streaks due to poor morale. I learned how important it is.
Lost the Champions league final due to poor tactics. Oh well, got to lose some I guess.
Imo, using wonderkid shortlist is a bit of a cheat. More fair to rely on your scouts to find them.

Damn that's really unlucky, still don't understand why you'd be sacked for that.

David_Smith

I signed Griezmann for £60m but it turned out to be a poor investment. He got a 5 month injury and regressed horribly from 4 star to 2 and a half star.
Ended up selling him for £15m (he was on £250k wages). It angered everyone.

On a side note, how'd they manage to turn Azpilicueta into Rory Delap? Those long throws man.

Last edited:

Latest posts+

Top Bottom