• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Football Manager 2018

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Start November release date. 'New features' videos have started trickling in.

I'm quite excited this year. Last year was a disappointment. I would've given it a miss but I had already jumped over FM 16.

I just want it to be smooth. FM 17 is still to jerky, and boring. Though I liked the Social Feed.

carter777

Thinks Poch Is The GOAT

Player:Saka
FM 17's "new features" were pretty pointless for me. I've used the social media stuff once or twice, it hasn't added anything to the game and the new staff roles they introduced had no impact on how you manage your team.

The new team dynamics stuff looks interesting.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Not a massive fan of the new tactics screen and they got rid of the old 2D classic view :(
did they? I think they had kept that in according to the streams I saw.

Ill get mine as soon as they release it.

carter777

Thinks Poch Is The GOAT

Player:Saka
did they? I think they had kept that in according to the streams I saw.

Ill get mine as soon as they release it.

There's still a "2D classic" option but it looks different now. Not a massive fan of it.

nEqlK8K.png

Last edited:

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Did someone try it? Is there something different? I hope the pirates make it quick this time always enjoy playing it

salvat

Liked Your Post
Probably going to be the first time in years I won't be buying this. Thought last years upgrade was minimal but seems they haven't really done much this year either. None of the animations do anything to me because I always use 2D regardless and now they seem to have messed that up too ffs

Godwin1

Very well-known
Probably going to be the first time in years I won't be buying this. Thought last years upgrade was minimal but seems they haven't really done much this year either. None of the animations do anything to me because I always use 2D regardless and now they seem to have messed that up too ffs
Same here mate, I generally skip over every other year as the improved features generally are of little worth. Unless someone on here plays it and changes my mind I doubt I'll go for this one unless I see a good deal a few months down the line.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Simulation games always not worth spending 40-50 euros I just download the pirated version. Until football manager improves their graphics and their 3d engine then it worth paying the money.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
I don't last beyond 3-4 seasons.

Gets too unrealistic beyond that.
What I hate in this game sometimes that big times buy very good players for like 40-50M then play them about 10 games a season then sell them for 10-15M :lol:

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I think we expect simulation from FM, and it's not a simulator. It's just a spreadsheet/stat game.

BobP

Memri Fan
What I hate in this game sometimes that big times buy very good players for like 40-50M then play them about 10 games a season then sell them for 10-15M :lol:

You mean big clubs?

I agree it's the stupidest thing. It's ends up being unfair for them because they end up transfer listing quality players with an asking price of next to nothing.

I've brought in so many good players doing just that. The game is broken when it comes to that.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
You mean big clubs?

I agree it's the stupidest thing. It's ends up being unfair for them because they end up transfer listing quality players with an asking price of next to nothing.

I've brought in so many good players doing just that. The game is broken when it comes to that.
Does it not follow real life, though?

$ity had three teams at one point. They still have some of the biggest (former) prospects that they just bought and forgot.

BobP

Memri Fan

$ity had three teams at one point. They still have some of the biggest (former) prospects that they just bought and forgot.

It feels like it's happening on a bigger sale on FM.

I'll give you an example. I was managing Everton and Besic was in cracking form so Madrid came calling. Now, Besic is obviously not good enough for Madrid but I realised that whilst he was at his peak I could sell him for a good price, relative to the player Besic is. I end up selling him to Madrid for 25M and literally by the time that winter window had come around, he was already on the periphery of the team and therefore unhappy. He ends up being transfer listed by the end of the season for just above 1/4 of the price I had initially sold him for.

I suppose you could argue that that's happened because I've artifically boosted Besic's performances but even then you'd have clubs transfer listing quality players with substantial potential. I remember Monaco transfer listed Bernardo Silva who I bought for peanuts and he was an incredible player for me, ended up selling him to arsenal for around the same price as Besic and the same thing happened, they just left him in the reserve squad.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐

Yeah but sometimes they end up buying too many talented players without playing them I hope FM fix this issues

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I suppose you could argue that that's happened because I've artifically boosted Besic's performances but even then you'd have clubs transfer listing quality players with substantial potential. I remember Monaco transfer listed Bernardo Silva who I bought for peanuts and he was an incredible player for me, ended up selling him to arsenal for around the same price as Besic and the same thing happened, they just left him in the reserve squad.
i hear you. the internet is full of complaints about this.

I read somewhere that AI managers pick/buy players based primarily on performance, and not necessary on potential.

Yeah but sometimes they end up buying too many talented players without playing them I hope FM fix this issues
i heards it's very hard to do.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Am hearing the game is very bad this year. Big steps backwards and they were full of **** promoting a new graphics engine, looks worse than 17. They need to **** that Miles **** off and get someone in who knows how to design a game.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
I don't care about the graphics. Game was never about that. What are the other areas that they took big steps backwards, though?

Top Bottom