• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Formation 20/21 Season

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I don't know which is the best formation for these players, Arteta will know that better than anyone. But it's cool that we have four players down the spine of the team that i'm very content with: Leno, Gabriel, Partey and Auba. All four pretty much fit the profile of what you'd want from a modern PL footballer.

Whatever the formation is hopefully we can build around that spine.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Think you have to start the best players then utilise players who's left around them.

Leno, Bellerin, Gabriel, Tierney, Partey, Ceballos/Xhaka, Auba, Pepe, Willian.

In my opinion are pretty much undroppable for a balanced team.

Holding, Saliba, Luiz, Xhaka, AMN, Saka, Laca, Nketiah, ESR, Martinelli, Elneny to fill in the other two spots. And then eventually a world class LW and creative CM signing to complete the team.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I’d like a 4-2-3-1 with Willian and Saka interchanging between LW/AM all game. Ceballos and Partey should be the double pivot.

I think I'd still use 343 in big away games with AMN at LWB though. But definitely the 4231 we saw against Sheffield Utd with Partey instead of Elneny.

Kobi

I Know Who You Are
Just thinking, a Xhaka, Partey pairing would have a very similar dynamic to Petit and Vieira.
Not saying they will be anything like as good (obviously) but just having two 6ft plus midfielders should really help us physically, and hopefully spell the end of five at the back.
It did a job and helped stem the bleeding but with Gabriel and Partey I think we're okay now and ready to move forward, literally and figuratively.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
If Partey pairs with Ceballos, will partey be a no 6? Ceballos and probably saka be double 8s?

Possibly but I think Partey will be more of an 8 mainly. It'll change from game to game.

The good thing about having Edu at the helm is that he knows what the invincibles had to win titles. He knows what we need to win titles. Partey is the first signing of the sort we've had since Vieira. That in itself is mental, every top top team in Europe has someone like that when they're doing well.

Bayern - Goretzka
Liverpool - Fabinho
City - Fernandinho (not so much at the moment which ties in with Fernandinho's decline)

They're very difficult players to get hold of to be honest.

GoonerJay24

Possibly but I think Partey will be more of an 8 mainly. It'll change from game to game.

The good thing about having Edu at the helm is that he knows what the invincibles had to win titles. He knows what we need to win titles. Partey is the first signing of the sort we've had since Vieira. That in itself is mental, every top top team in Europe has someone like that when they're doing well.

Bayern - Goretzka
Liverpool - Fabinho
City - Fernandinho (not so much at the moment which ties in with Fernandinho's decline)

They're very difficult players to get hold of to be honest.

That's not true though is it...

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
I do believe Arteta wants 433 but I also believe it will be a flexible one allowing us easy and natural switch to back 3

Think Saka/Niles will be somewhat crucial in that idea as they would offer the ability to play as LwB/Lcm in such flexible system.
Don't think Mikel will use that formation every single game, but more so then not he will it seams. We got a manager who knows how to do that, he already is showing that system,.and at the end, you need that option to switch easily with same 11 players...Crucial in today's football

GoonerJay24

I cannot see Luiz playing in a back four. Even at Chelsea he struggled more than in a back three so think we'll continue to play the 343 formation

Leno
Holding Luiz Gabriel
AMN Ceballos Partey Tierney
Pepe Saka
Auba

Chaoz_Enigma

We've not had a defensive midfielder since Viera?

Vieira is more of a box-to-box? We were playing 2 in the centre mid with the other CM like Gilberto as a screening mid. The roles are interchangeable when Vieira was paired with petit.

Partey in my opinion screens the backline more and if he goes up for atletico he tends to cut passing lanes. He does some long passings from deep but mostly make progress short-medium passings through the lines. In this case is he more similar to Gilberto?

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Vieira is more of a box-to-box? We were playing 2 in the centre mid with the other CM like Gilberto as a screening mid. The roles are interchangeable when Vieira was paired with petit.

Partey in my opinion screens the backline more and if he goes up for atletico he tends to cut passing lanes. He does some long passings from deep but mostly make progress short-medium passings through the lines. In this case is he more similar to Gilberto?

He can do both depending on what Arteta wants from him and whom he partners him with.

Chaoz_Enigma

I cannot see Luiz playing in a back four. Even at Chelsea he struggled more than in a back three so think we'll continue to play the 343 formation

Leno
Holding Luiz Gabriel
AMN Ceballos Partey Tierney
Pepe Saka
Auba
Against big sides probably 343 and that will massively help Luiz. But ultimately we have to slowly phase him out for a back 4 asthat seems to be the way forward with Mikel's tactical choice last week against SHU.

Top Bottom