• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FR: Barnet vs Arsenal | 17/07/04

leongsh

Usually friendly practice games like these are no indication to how the team will perform for the coming season. It is very encouraging to find that the younger players are truly trying to stake their places in the team. Barnet 1-10 Arsenal and with Arsenal playing mostly reserves too - it's a great spine tingling message to all - excitement for all Gooners as to the possibilities, and dread to the rest of Arsenal's opponents.

Love it ;D

Congrats to Reyes and Jeffers for their hat-tricks. Van Parsie looks great and Bergkamp is determined to end his Arsenal and football career this season with a bang.

Can't wait for the next round of friendlies ;D

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
GoonerGurjit said:
How did Senderos and Karbassiyoon do? I'm surprised Clichy, Lupoli and Aliadiere didn't feature.
Clichy and Ali played for the France U21's in the summer, and I think Lupoli is playing for the Italy U19's tomorrow on British Eurosport. Check it out. He might play.

calvinngai88

10-1 to a team like Barnet may seem nothing, but this match sounds a warning to many teams out there that Arsenal has a strong team to challenge for the english carling cup! :D

Glad Reyes got a hat trick and jeffers for his long overdue goals (why couldnt they be in the premiership though Franny!)
Bergkamps first goal was briiliant! He faked a little dummy run and the Barnet defender ran off in the opposite direction!
Hes still got it!

Gazza Martinez

Established Member
To any Australians here, did any of you catch 'the worldgame' on SBS on the 18/7? They showed the Belgian Cup final between Beveren and Brugge. I got a good view of our triallists Eboue and Ne, and they were Beveren's best players on the day, despite Beveren losing 4-2.

Very promising indeed! :D

goonerling

It was my first time actually seeing Reyes play in person an he's even better than all the hype suggested. I know it was Barnet but along side his skills and finesse he just worked so hard and ran and was everywhere and didn't let up at all the whole game. He's is gonna be so awesome next season.

calvinngai88

Nothing to say at all for this game. It's splendid! Every goal was nice, I liked Reyes's 3rd goal and RVP's scorcher. Who was the Man of the Match by the way? Thanks skart14 for the highlights! :D

KoLo28

sav7302000 said:
Glad Reyes got a hat trick and jeffers for his long overdue goals (why couldnt they be in the premiership though Franny!)
Bergkamps first goal was briiliant! He faked a little dummy run and the Barnet defender ran off in the opposite direction!
Hes still got it!

they couldn't be in the premiership because he never got a fair go

SuperBob

Gazza Martinez said:
Is it just me, or does Reyes seem to have bulked up a bit during pre-season? He seems more solidly built.
Definately agree with you he seems to have bulked up abit which is good.

calvinngai88

Why did RVP played only the first half? Was he injured or something? Or purely Wenger didn't want his wild card to show all the skills he have in his bag to rival clubs?

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
*Loyan* said:
GoonerGurjit said:
How did Senderos and Karbassiyoon do? I'm surprised Clichy, Lupoli and Aliadiere didn't feature.
Clichy and Ali played for the France U21's in the summer, and I think Lupoli is playing for the Italy U19's tomorrow on British Eurosport. Check it out. He might play.

Thanks for that.

Matt

How were the 2 triallists? They came on the pitch during half time, while they have just arrived in London this week (Friday)?
Marco Né gave an assist, but did he play well ?

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
GoonerGurjit said:
*Loyan* said:
GoonerGurjit said:

Thanks for that.
No problem mate. It's on at 7 for anyone who wants to watch it. I'll tell you lots if he plays and how he plays.

patrick42uk

Established Member
are you sure lupoli is there? just checked the uefa site. the only arsenal player in the tournament i'v see so far is johann djorou for switzerland.

Latest posts

Top Bottom