• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FR: Beveren vs Arsenal | 04/08/04

Matt

I know that in these days Pat Vieira is more impotant than an pre-season game with not the full team of Arsenal.
But tonight maybe there will be some of the key players figuring in this match. (I think and hope :eek:ops: :wink: )
I dont know the players whom actually gonna show up, but there was said on the Beveren-side that it will be a mix of experience and youth.
And if I'am wright players like Pires and Ljungberg have only played once this pre-season (against Ajax). Most of the Euro-players didn't play much, so I hope...

Another nice detail about this match is that some of the Arsenal reserves are going to play with Beveren in the second half! So Beveren and those players can decide after the game if the player stays with us or not. So probably players like Skulason, Quincy, Simek or Svard or Karbassiyoon can play against Arsenal tonight :shock: :wink:.

And of cource also Eboué and Né will play against there former teammates.

Does anyone know if the (Arsenal)players are already back in England and I have tot give up my hope and nice theory?
Are they already training in London?
And maybe Bergkamp could play tonight cause he certainly didn't take the plane to Engeland, so he will have to go through Belgium, why then wouldn't he play a match ?

PS If you're interested I al going to see the game tonight and if there are a lot of first-team players I will give a report here :wink: (If you're interested of course)

Bruce81

Matt, we're counting on you for a full report of this game !!! :wink:

Ive no idea which players going to make this trip to Belgium today, but i guess it will be other players than the ones who played yesterday (do you think Quincy, Skulason and so on, will play 2 games in 2 days ???)

Matt

I've just heard the news, this will be the team, no stars, but some very good players :D

Stuart Taylor
Lauren
Justin Hoyte
Philippe Senderos
Gael Clichy
Jermaine Pennant
Cesc Fabregas
Jeremie Aliadière
Robin van Persie
Arturo Lupoli
Mathieu Flamini

Mark Howard
Sebastian Larsson
Danny Karbassiyoon
Sebastian Svard
Olafur Ingi Skulason
Jordon Fowler
John Spicer
Patrick Cregg
Adam Birchall
Quincy Owusu-Abeyie

Bruce81

so, this is a much more attractive team than yesterday !!!

Some future key players of our squad, Flamini, Persie, Pennant,...

Looks like the same squad as the first games in the Austrian tour.

Gator

One assumes the team lined up in the following manner:

Code:
                  Taylor

Lauren       Hoyte     Senderos     Clichy

Pennant    Flamini    Fabregas   van Persie

Aliadiere    Lupoli
That looks a pretty strong team to me, apart from Hoyte and Lupoli its essentially our second 11. Does the fact that Lauren is playing suggest anything about the Trabelsi transfer, or is it merely so that he can get a game in after missing most of pre-season due to his childs birth?

AFCG7

Established Member
Makes sense for Lauren to be in there.. with the Trabelsi deal almost dead and buried we will need our RB to be match fit.

Bouchra

kin4ever said:
Who's C. Swegler? any clue? :?:

a trialist...

Christian Schwegler
Nationality: Swiss
Place of birth: Grosswangen, Switzerland
Date of birth: june 6 1984
Height: 173 cm
Weight: 71 kg
Sex: Male
Current club: FC Luzern