• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FR: Beveren vs Arsenal | 04/08/04

Marek

Endscore: 0-0

The Swiss trialist played for Beveren the second half.

We are still sad that both Skulason and Quincy refuse to play for Beveren.

We do play good football you know. Our players from Ivory Coast are, as you noticed from the way Eboué an Né play, very attractive players.

geert

TBH, Beveren dominated '90...

n° 9 & 15 from Arsenal played well, together with the striker on the other side (forgot his name)

beveren kinda easily penetrated the defence...

bwa, it was an okay game, though I had expected more from the Arsenal side :shock:

I hope some quality players join us this season from Arsenal

well, you can read the match report on arsenal.com too if you wish :wink:

On a sidenote, there was like, 3000 visitors, and because it's a pre-season friendly, we didn't really make that much noise/fun/etc
also maybe because it wasn't exactly a thrilling game

but oh well :p

Marek

Not really Jose Reyes, because I could not go to the game. :(

But according to the match report on arsenal.com, the lads did not do that well.

Maybe the heath, or a point in the preparation were they are fysically in littke dip, just to come out of it even stronger.

On the other hand, you will believe that we gave a decent side if I tell you that besides Eboué and Né, we have a couple players who are maybe aqually talented: Romaric, fantastic left foot, reminds me a bit of Rivaldo, Junior, in defensive midfield, great control, good fighting spirit, but sometimes loses it and gets send of.

Our striker Sanogo is very fast and talented, but I would never see him be Gunner.

The other ones, maybe. The do have talent, but you have to be more than talented to be a (a first team) Gunner. :eek:

Matt

efurze said:
How did Flamini look? Is he going to be able to help out this year?
Flamini didn't impress me at all! Just a basic player, I think Marco Né can bring a lot more in the centre of midfield.

Arsenal didn't look at scoring a goal once in the game, the only good chance was for Van Persie but he shot wide.
Beveren did very wel, they outplayed Arsenal for most part of the game. I can give you lots of info about the Beverenplayers, but you wouldn't be interested cause you don't know them.

The players of Arsenal looked very eager to prove themselves, cause Wenger was watching the game. They were a little tired maybe.

If I should give some opinions about the players

Taylor: Great presense in the goal. Beveren went clean through on goal a couple of times, he always came good out of his goal. His lenght is a great advantage.
I still don't get why Arsenal have bought 2 goalies the last 2 seasons, last year he also made a very good impresssion to me and Stack is also a very good keeper, I think as good as Taylor. And then you buy Lehman, and what I've seen from him in the Champions league, didn't impress me at all.

Lauren Didn't play that well, as captain he certainly didn't stand out. In my opinion he's not worth a place in the first team

Hoyte and Senderos Senderos was good in the air, but that's not very special against the smallest team from Belgium. They both looked not that fast, and that's the strong point of Beveren. So Beveren went a couple af times through the defense, and went clean through on goal.
Schwegler Left back in the first half, Right back in the second half for Beveren. Good in the first half, good tackler and working hard. Impressed me, so he may come to beveren on loan this year.

Fabregas Good player lots of class, ugly hair. Good player, nothing much to say about him

Flamini Didn't do much, and he was the player with the most experience on the field, but I couldn't see it. Not worth a place in the arsenalsquad on the basis of this game.

Pennant Only played one half. Wasn't getting the bal often, just like all the attacking players during the game. But he did show twice that he can give a perfect and devestating cross.

Clichy I think he's more a defender than a midfielder, that's because he didn't play well at the midfielder left position. There was't much of danger comming from that side. He is a good tackler, he showed that a couples of time, happily for the beverenplayers his tackles were on the ball

Van Persie and Alidiere You can see that these players have lots of class, especially Van Persie. ALidiere didnt get any chance, maybe because Eboué was defending very well. Van persie get the only opportunitie(s), but missed. Also a free kick of him was't good.

The players who came in the second half, I didn't know a lot of them. The only players whho stand out negatively or positively were:
Skulason Very good defender, after he came in, Beveren didn't get any opportunity anymore. Please let him come te Beveren. :eek:ops: Much better than Senderos, yesterday.
Quincy :lol: He can stay in England, he has a lot to learn, he was eager to play, but was very unlucky in all of his actions. We don't need him if he thinks he's too good for Beveren :roll:
Lupoli Was tired I think, didn't show anything.

On the picture you see Wenger with his best friend Guillou and our coach, he (AW) didn't sat on the bench but on a comfortable business seat :wink:
bevars%20116.jpg

Bruce81

Thanks for this match report...it looks like our youngsters didn't impress...despite the presence of Lauren, VPersie, Allardiere and Pennant. its a shame...

Top Bottom