• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FR: Boreham Wood vs Arsenal | 03/08/04

pv4

Just looked at the ceefax results and it sed that it was 1-1.
Didn't go. Couldn't be assed to pay £12 for a ticket when it is pissing down with rain and there is just a youth/reserve team, when I can get to the Barnet stadium in about 10-15 mins and watch pretty much the same team for nothing at a reserve match.

Allyboy

Established Member
pv4 said:
Just looked at the ceefax results and it sed that it was 1-1.
Didn't go. Couldn't be assed to pay £12 for a ticket when it is pissing down with rain and there is just a youth/reserve team, when I can get to the Barnet stadium in about 10-15 mins and watch pretty much the same team for nothing at a reserve match.

Thats funny mate, my friend who works at St Albans City FC has been trying to get me to go to their pre season friendlies against first division reserve sides and I have used pretty much the same argument with her! :D

pv4

Another thing that pissed me off was that on the official site they made it out that you could just turn up and take some pictures with the trophy. Now it might be a bit tight but if I went I would have taken my cousin who was on holiday on the day of the Barnet match and obviously paid for his ticket and naturally, being an 8 year old Arsenal nut, he would have wanted a picture with the trophy which would cost £12 each and I suppose I would have had one too. If you think about it, we could go to see a proper competitive match at Highbury in the Carling Cup for less and could still get our photos done with the proper background at the club shop. Rant over! :twisted:

Allyboy

Established Member
Last year was a joke, they played St Albans and a press release was given saying that Parlour, Jeffers, Cygan, Van Bronckhorst, Toure etc would play, as a result loads of people turned up on the day and then they played the youth team and Stephanovs!!!

Imagine being five years old and turning up to that!

pv4

They're taking the piss and just using the name of our club to rip off parents, or in my case, older cousins, out of their money cos their kid has got the idea that the people that they idolise may sign their shirt or even shake their hand. It's a joke, although they did advertise it as an Arsenal XI which holds no guarentees, however still it's a scam. I am all for non-league clubs and their survival but rather then trying to rip us, the fans off, why don't they take just a fraction off the ridiculous wages that our players are earning and help them survive that way.

Allyboy

Established Member
Yeah, it is supposed to be the big pay day for the side that hosts Arsenal's ladies team, last year 1,500 + turned up at St Albans compared to 300-400 normally.

Interestingly thought, St Albans turned down the chance to host the ladies team again this year as they were losing about £100 a game every time they played!

They used to send teams like they do against Barnet, quite why they have stopped doing this, while sending strong squads to underhill I am unsure...

pv4

I dunno, shame that they couldn't just send even a few first team squad like jug ears(either or both ;D ) and Aliadiere who's hardly played at all in any of the matches. Not even Lupoli was playing. I think that our club should think a bit more seriously about how friendly's affect small clubs and those of us who are unable to get to matches due to the huge TRS/Season ticket waiting lists.
I also don't get why they only send the stronger squads to Underhill. I can remember a few years ago when they sent a young squad and it was the first time I had seen Ash and JP. Maybe some of todays squad will some day be household names living the footballers lifestyle :D

Latest posts

Top Bottom