• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FR: NK Maribor vs Arsenal | 22/07/04

Sonic Youth

yeah but everyone on this site, including me, expects a lot from the new generation of players (cesc, senderos, hoyte, clichy, etc) and a 3-2 victory over maribor ain't convincing. i would have loved to see this young team showing what they can do and win 4 or 5 nil.
personally i don't really care about the results of chelsea and man united's friendlies, that's just their business and our youngsters should win more convincingly if they want Arsène to give them a chance in this season's premier league.

VCC

Three years ago we lost to Kocaelispor (or something like that) from Turkey 4-1. We went on to win the league. Quit worrying about friendly scores and worry about how the players, particularly the new guys, develop.

Xanshin

Sonic Youth said:
yeah but everyone on this site, including me, expects a lot from the new generation of players (cesc, senderos, hoyte, clichy, etc) and a 3-2 victory over maribor ain't convincing. i would have loved to see this young team showing what they can do and win 4 or 5 nil.
personally i don't really care about the results of chelsea and man united's friendlies, that's just their business and our youngsters should win more convincingly if they want Arsène to give them a chance in this season's premier league.

Yeah, I understand but you have to remember, there's many factors.

- One team didn't play the whole 90 mins. We did a lot of rotating (clichy came off and then back on for example). It's hard to keep focused, and keep team momentum up when this happens.

- They've been playing competitive games, we haven't

- They'd have been much more motivated than us, because we play big teams on a regular basis....they don't.

- Some of the players in our team there have hardly ever (or never) played with each other before. Good teams have good understanding between the players, and it takes time. Bergkamp, Reyes and Lauren for example, have hardly ever played with any of those players. Almunia and Van Persie are new and the two triallists probably don't even speak English...

Don't worry about it.

Sonic Youth

everyone in holland speaks english....

but i didn't really worry about it
i just think the young players should have been extra motivated and should have beaten maribor easily

Xanshin

Sonic Youth said:

i just think the young players should have been extra motivated and should have beaten maribor easily

The two triallists, are, of course, from the Ivory Coast....

lee1001

Established Member
Sonic Youth said:

Your being way to hard on them Sonic. I don't think many people will agree with you on this one.

I suppose Mourinhio should be shown the door after his first game in charge when a VERY strong Chelsea team drew with Oxford!!!

Matt

Xanshin said:
Sonic Youth said:

The two triallists, are, of course, from the Ivory Coast....

Yeah right, they don't speak a word English, bit they do speak a little bit of Dutch (only the words for left and right and Thank you)and they speak French very well (native language).
So communication won't be that much of a problem because there are enough Dutchspeaking (Bergy and VPersy) and certainly Frenchspeaking (Senderos, Lauren, Henry, Pires, Wenger, ....)

But they indeed havent played together thats a problem, and therefor good communication is mayby crucial, so ...
Damn, you're wright :wink:

Latest posts

Top Bottom