• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FR: NK Maribor vs Arsenal | 22/07/04

CMS

it was a 3-2 win..........very close....

i dunno why u guys are so happy......we should ve won it, without getting any opposing goal....

Bruce81

CMS said:

i dunno why u guys are so happy......we should ve won it, without getting any opposing goal....

yeah, and we should have bought Ballack :roll: :roll:

Remember, we've played with a team which consisted only 4 players older than 21 !!! AND we've just started training while Maribor is already playing competitive games !!

So, nice result from the boys !!!

A.Hussain

CMS said:

consider this as a victory for our reserve side once again.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Good to see Bergkamp looking sharp. How were Senderos and Hoyte? I really hope Senderos fulfills his potential. I hope AW gives Pennant a fair chance coz Pennant's been very good in the first two games. Pennant's a true flair player with good end product. He's like a new signing. Good to see Aliadiere back and scoring. You can tell that van Persie is going to be a fantastic asset for Arsenal. Eboue looks promising. Thanks for the updates Jose.

Arnie

I know the match is finished but what channel is slo tv2 on sky

and what channel will we be on v Grazer AK

CMS

A.Hussain said:
CMS said:

well the first half we were leading 2:0.........

AND only a few players were reserves...........

i don't consider reyes, van persie, bergkamp, lauren, gilberto as reserves......

A.Hussain

CMS said:
A.Hussain said:
CMS said:

i don't consider reyes, van persie, bergkamp, lauren, gilberto as reserves......

well u consider the rest of the 6 members of the team as reserves. so its a half reserve team. without sol, kolo or ash, i think it was a good game for our boys

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
By the way Jose_Reyes_2004 was that TV channel on sky. Because I cant find it, and the signal stuff to find the channel that someone suggested did not work.

Xanshin

Well, let's go through all th players who played, and see how many of them would normally be in a starting 11...

Almunia - No
Taylor - No
Lauren - Yes
Clichy - No
Emmanuel Eboue - No, not even our player
Gilberto - Yes
Svard - No
Hoyte - No
Senderos - No
Pennant - No
Cesc - No
Marco Ne - No, not even our player
Aliadieire - No
Van Persie - Maybe
Bergkamp - Yes
Reyes - Yes

Out of 17 players, 5 possibly 6 of them would be in our first team...so that means the majority of the team was reserves...

Our 5 best players (Henry, Pires, Vieira, Campbell, Cole) weren't even there...not to mention Ljungberg, Toure, Edu, etc.

2 of the players in the team don't even belong to us.

Cesc is 16 years old.

Let's put it in perspective...we've won a pre-season game with some players who will probably not play all season...Against a team who is much sharper than us, because they're currently playing competitive games...I'd say that's a positive personally...

Matt

On which position did Eboué (DR or DC )and Né (MR of MC) play ?
So Eboué impressed, maybe we can trade 2 players for him (les's say Hoyte and Svard) ? Do we have an agreement ? 8)

KingReyes

Established Member
CMS said:
A.Hussain said:
CMS said:

CMS, relax!! It was just a friendly thats all! None of the big teams are beating their opponents with a large scoreline. Chelses drew with Oxford, Man utd beat Cork City 2-1 and so on. You can' take these games seriously they are only there to bring back match fitness and work on tactics.

If it makes you feel better and someone correct me if I'm wrong, Arsenal lost in a friendly last year 1-0 to Peterborough I think. We went on to win the league UNBEATEN!! So take it easy it was just a friendly.

CMS

KingReyes said:
CMS said:
A.Hussain said:
CMS said:

CMS, relax!! It was just a friendly thats all! None of the big teams are beating their opponents with a large scoreline. Chelses drew with Oxford, Man utd beat Cork City 2-1 and so on. You can' take these games seriously they are only there to bring back match fitness and work on tactics.

If it makes you feel better and someone correct me if I'm wrong, Arsenal lost in a friendly last year 1-0 to Peterborough I think. We went on to win the league UNBEATEN!! So take it easy it was just a friendly.

all right.....

luck seems to be still our friend, as long as we are unbeaten, it s all good.....

may be this season unbeaten at EVERY single game we play, including FA cup AND CL.............

that would be the shiznit.........

Top Bottom