• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FR: Sturm Graz vs Arsenal | 28/07/04

KingReyes

Established Member
I think the reason most people take the piss out of Jeffers more than Ali is because of his price tag. Jeffers was an 8 million pound purchase possibly 10 whereas Ali came in as a kid for peanuts. Comparing the two you have to agree that Ali has done nothing better than Jeffers for us to say he's higher in the pecking order. In fact I am to say that Jeffers has been more effective when he's played and his goal ratio is decent. It doesn't mean Franny is better, in fact I feel Ali has more potential, it just means that maybe we, myself included have been a bit too critical of him. When a player has been bought for a considerable amount of money like Franny was, he is bound to get more critisism than someone who came in on the cheap like Ali.

Andrew

*Loyan* said:
Jeffers is a quality finisher, and given a chance he would score a bucketful of goals. Not sure whether he fits into our system or not though.

At Arsenal at least his finishing hasn't been quality at all. In fact that's just about the main reason why all the fans are on his back. He get's set up for so many chances but misses many of them. If his finishing was quality then he would have at least twice the amount of goals next to his name.

As far as I'm concerned the only quality Jeffers has had at his time at Arsenal is to lose his marker and simply tap the ball into an open goal. When he's got a keeper to beat then he struggles a bit.

Latest posts

Top Bottom