• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

France Vs Brazil

bobbypires

Established Member
Sammer said:
Pires was the best player on the pitch for France.
Coupet has to be the french No1.
Mate, you know a lot about football. :D Totally agree. Mendy was great too, but it wasn't a good game.
Love France's outfit in the 1st half. Pure style.

Ridge

well Mendy was really great. i msorry Lauren but if we really get Mendy and it would be great.

i'm not sure about Pires' place in the first 11, Rotten(spelling) and Guily were great in Monaco.

A.M.A.G.

I know its already been mentioned before... but i just wanted to highlight it... Roberto Carlos got used... TWICE!!! When Henry did it... Carlos was trying to muscle him... and if it wasn't for the ape that came over to help Roberto would have been looking completely abused, and when Mendy did it... he left him DONE & DUSTED... I real hate Real, I hate those bastards... and this didn't help any http://www.soccerage.com/en/13/v0372.html ... to have the balls to come out and say somthing like this.

brianfrance

Established Member
Hey guy, since I'm on this forum I told you about Mendy ! He's a great player. He played for Bolton 1 season yeah (a loan) but had somes problems with the coach > he's a "Anelka type" player, from the Ghetto, very hard to be his coach ! He need hard coach like Vahid is at PSG. Now Liverpool want him as I've heard. He just have one year on his contract, but Vahid want to sign him 3 years more, as they have already lost Dehu, their captain (will go to Marseille this summer), Heinze (M.U. Valence??) and Piere Fanfan (return to Monaco). He's a Star now, after his best season, Paris can't sell him. But a move to highbury would make me soooo happy !!!

By the way, Micoud yesterday said "I won't play again for France". Thank you Mr Santini, now if Zizou is injured, who will play in the mildfield ???? :roll:

AFCG7

Established Member
I cant understand Santini leaving out Micoud..
Maybe he will use Wiltord on the right, Pires left and Vieira/Makelele in the middle if Zizou is injured.
What will really screw Santini is if both Pires and Zizou are unable to play for some reason.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
brianfrance said:
Micoud yesterday said "I won't play again for France". Thank you Mr Santini, now if Zizou is injured, who will play in the mildfield ???? :roll:

What's happened to Eric Carriere?

brianfrance

Established Member
Eric Carrière, as Vikash Dhorasoo, was not appreciated at Lyon, and Juninho who you had surely seen yesterday for Brazil is better than him. He will certainly leave Lyon, he said somes days ago "I will choose the team which will do play me. I don't care about the money or the level of the club, I just want to play football" A cool guy, but his place into the French squad is on the past now (like Dhorasoo too...)

Sammer

Established Member
brianfrance,

what´s your opinion about who should be France´s goalkeeper ? I have been really impressed with Coupet in the last year (whenever I saw him, that is) and I truely believe that he is one of Europes best...

Sad thing is, that Santini is risking a great chance for France with strange decisions (like Micoud) - I wouldn´t be suprised if Santini will put Barthez between the posts in a few weeks.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Coupet's a good goalkeeper but isn't world-class. Barthez hasn't made too many mistakes during his national career and deserves to be no.1 in my opinion. Barthez also has much more big game experience then the likes of Coupet, Landreau, Rame, Penneteau and Frey.

brianfrance

Established Member
Well, the French GK... A very hard question
Barthez : Did too many world class performance, did too many high level matches. He's a legend here. And he's very appreciated by the others players. With Marseille, he did few great matches, in UEFA (against Liverpool, Inter and Newcastle), but just after great UEFA Performance, he took many goals on the French league (4 against Rennes for ex.) And his bad experience at Manyoo, his big foul against Nederlands (do you remember 1 minutes before the end of the match the big mistake..), and the big mistake with Mista Wednesday, can put him out...
Coupet : French Champions 2001/2002 - 2002/03 -2003/04 which is not nothing, when you see the Lyon's defense, be great during 3 years is just top class. In the past 10 years, no any team was N°1, each year it was a new team Champion. Coupet did during these 3 years tooo many world class performance. When he played for france, against Germany, and yesterday against Brazil (not against Albania or Ethiopia hey) he took 0 goal and was very secure as you have seen.

MY Opinion : Coupet had to be N°1 GK in French Squad -
Santini's Opinion : a guy who didn't take Micoud, but Boumsong Landreau and Marlet seems a bit crazy. He will do play Barthez on the starting XI BUT IF BARTHEZ DO MISTAKES AGAINST ENGLAND > OUT FAB it's sure. I don't hope (except a wonderful French win 7-6 with 4 Henry goals and 3 Trez / 2 Barthez auto goal + Campbell x2 + ash x2 :shock: ciao Fabien... :lol: )

brianfrance

Established Member
kajej said:
I'm sure Micoud would play if France get a new coach and he names him in his squad.
Micoud said his International career is on the past now, he wants to play only for his club.

Jose_Reyes_2005

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Only thing Mendy did was sprint past Roberto Carlos when he was flat-footed that doesnt make him class, wasn't he the Bolton RB last season btw?

Yea he was on loan at bolton - And he did play quite well actually. One of the best players in a dull dull match...

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
brianfrance said:
Eric Carrière, as Vikash Dhorasoo, was not appreciated at Lyon, and Juninho who you had surely seen yesterday for Brazil is better than him. He will certainly leave Lyon, he said somes days ago "I will choose the team which will do play me. I don't care about the money or the level of the club, I just want to play football" A cool guy, but his place into the French squad is on the past now (like Dhorasoo too...)

OK. Let me get this straight. I know there are two brazillian Juninho's. They Lyon one, and the Middlesborough one. Which one was playin the other day, and which one plays for brazil more. I always used to think that the lyon one didn't actually get to play for brazil for some reason, and it was the 'boro one that did. I couldn't understand why, because I always thought the Lyon one was better. So who played yesterday, and who plays more often.

GlasgowGooner

It was the Lyon one that played agaisnt France, he has played around the last ten games for Brazil. The boro one doesn't get callled up anymore.

Arsenal Quotes

I really like Arsenal. But you, do you like Arsenal? Or just Arsenal with Trophies?

Dennis Bergkamp

Latest posts

Top Bottom