• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Francis Coquelin: No Longer Needed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What has happened to Coqqy? He is barely recognisable anymore. What was a great prospect is now a pretty poor EPL reserve. Can't pass, could never shoot, alarm bells ring every time he goes to tackle.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
What has happened to Coqqy? He is barely recognisable anymore. What was a great prospect is now a pretty poor EPL reserve. Can't pass, could never shoot, alarm bells ring every time he goes to tackle.
I am not sure why so many on here think this. I always thought he was a stop gap. Was never really Arsenal quality. Cazorla masked his weaknesses.... When next will we have a santi in the midfield?

Players like this epitomise what is wrong with this club.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

If Wenger was a new manager who came into this club I would actually give him credit for getting some of the results he has with guys like Coq and Elneny in midfield.

Of course the fact that he's the one responsible for every player at Arsenal being here nullifies all potential credit.

DasBootist

Coquelin never was a top prospect. He just surprised everyone that time he was here, not on loan somewhere else, and he had to play and he wasn't terrible.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
I am not sure why so many on here think this. I always thought he was a stop gap. Was never really Arsenal quality. Cazorla masked his weaknesses.... When next will we have a santi in the midfield?

Players like this epitomise what is wrong with this club.

Other way around

Santi is briljant but needs a waterboy
Coq was that waterboy

Santi is too weak and not a dm /cm
Not enough

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
If Wenger was a new manager who came into this club I would actually give him credit for getting some of the results he has with guys like Coq and Elneny in midfield.

Of course the fact that he's the one responsible for every player at Arsenal being here nullifies all potential credit.
We paid £0.9m for Coq and . Man U paid £40m for Matic.

When you have the money to spend £40/50m on every player( and some squad players) management is a whole different ball game ;)

DasBootist

We paid £0.9m for Coq and . Man U paid £40m for Matic.

When you have the money to spend £40/50m on every player( and some squad players) management is a whole different ball game ;)
The club possesses vast sums. The crux of the matter is that Mourinho or whoever it was, identified Matic as an essential purchase, the club splashed the cash and got the player. Wenger/Arsenal don't do this enough.

DasBootist

So people keep saying. Wonder why we never see much of it?
If I had to venture a guess, Kroenke is what I'd say. He's quite well known for being frugal with his sports teams in the States, and his acquisition of Arsenal came at our post-Emirates austerity era.

It's a shame Wenger seems content with this situation, however Kroenke isn't being frugal with Wenger's salary.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

It's a shame Wenger seems content with this situation, however Kroenke isn't being frugal with Wenger's salary.
Perhaps it's because of his 57% win rate, av finishing pos 2.74, averaging a trophy every other year, that he's worth half of Pep's salary. Just a suggestion.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Coq is just one of several who is way below what we require if we have any real ambition. Sadly our ambitions aren't what they used to be!

DasBootist

Perhaps it's because of his 57% win rate, av finishing pos 2.74, averaging a trophy every other year, that he's worth half of Pep's salary. Just a suggestion.
He's been on high wages post-Emirates, meaning the trophies argument isn't valid, as he's only won three FA Cups in that time frame. Guardiola and Mourinho are paid more than he is, but they have also been more successful and work for financially bigger clubs.

Meaning his current extortionate wages are a result of past successes and his ability to keep Arsenal vaguely competitive within a budget.

Shouldn't we, as fans, yearn for more?

FreakySami

He's been on high wages post-Emirates, meaning the trophies argument isn't valid, as he's only won three FA Cups in that time frame. Guardiola and Mourinho are paid more than he is, but they have also been more successful and work for financially bigger clubs.

Meaning his current extortionate wages are a result of past successes and his ability to keep Arsenal vaguely competitive within a budget.

Ok suggest somebody that does the same thing and does not pay £50m per signing... Or £80m ++ in the case of Manchester United

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Somewhat debatable bro. Mourinho' finished below Wenger for the last two years and still he's paid a lot more.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Some people will desperately seek any opportuity to shove their agendas down your throat. It's best not to engage them.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Some people will desperately seek any opportuity to shove their agendas down your throat. It's best not to engage them.
ok

That's a good tip though. I've wasted hours tackling posters desperately seeking to prove our club, manager and players are a shambles at every opportunity.

Thanks mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom