• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Francis Coquelin: No Longer Needed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
Still one of my favorites in current team.
Hopefully he plays behind the ball more now. I understand high press and like it, but when we build up the play I want him to stay deeper and move sideways like yesterday, leaving Cm’s and others to do most of the build up.
Usually when we build up our play he goes higher to let more skill players do their job from deep. There is more then 1 problem with that when it comes to Coq.
Yesterday he had 2 cm’s who come to get the ball and move it up, but this time Francis didnt go higher up in order to let them do that. He was moving sideways which ensures he is always behind the ball (and you want your ballwinner there, all the time).
At the same time, once ge gets the ball, he is still in a deeper position where he is better on the ball and can use it better, unlike higher up where he doesnt have space for a long ball, or time to do something simple and accurate, nor the skills to deal with defenders pressing him while he is still turned with his back to the goal.

Last edited:

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

With all the talk of him going it kind of makes me sad really. One of the only players who seemed to have pure passion and desire for this club. There's plenty of others I'd rather see leave than Coq.

It's a shame he lost his place, but no one can argue this guy actually saved our skin in the 14-15 season I believe it was. So solid in midfield and didn't get the praise he deserved.

His on the ball skills were a lot better than people made out, same with his passing. He deserves regular football.

What a player.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I like the way he changed his game on loan to get into the team. His contribution three years ago (I'm tandem with Santi) was excellent. I'm glad he won something here and if he leaves, I wish him all the luck in the world. He's not world class but I'll miss his passion for the club. A proper player with no airs or illusions who just wants to play. Bon chance Francis. I'll miss you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom