• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Friendly | Arsenal vs Lazio | Sat Aug. 4 - 19.00 BST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
Here's the team I'd like to see against City next week.

GK: Leno. He's been excellent today with his passing.

Defence: Lichsteiner Chambers Sokratis AMN. If Lich isn't fit then Bellerin. But I'd rather go for the more experienced player.

Midfield: Guendouzi and Torreira (if he's fit enough). If not, then I think Elneny should play.
I don't think Ramsey is going to be ready for next week.
+
Özil as a CAM

Attack: Mkhi on the right, Lacazette and Aubameyang.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Would have loved an easy start to the season & really get up a steam before the big boys.

Huge games vs City with two derbys to follow.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
Leno cold blooded today
Licht good experienced game
Chambers so good on the ball, yet never in bad position defensively
Holding with his usual good moments and then couple of risky errors
Niles terrific offensively and had a nice understanding with Iwobi
xhaka and torreira solid, obviously behind the team with fitness
Nelson very good. got a goal and did well on the ball on more then few occasions during our possession football
Iwobi too (whitout a goal), had some really neat passes to Niles, mostly, super touch and always dangerous
Laca a bit quiet, Nketiah with some nice touches and movements

Guendouzi very good again, think he’ll play next sunday
Elneny bit sloppy at times today
Micki was up for it, will score our first goal of the season :D

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
Mikh can be a pretty magical player when he is up for it, can't he? Aubameyang aside, it feels like all our best players are streaky.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

We seem very much a work in progress. Unfortunately, we have a rough start. Hopefully that will not set the trajectory of our season.

Can we make top four, the season is a success.

9jagooner

I don't think this playing from the back will work well against City.
City will press us and given that we're still learning how to get this to work properly, I see us losing balls in dangerous areas especially if we play Guendouzi and Leno.

For me, I'll play Cech in goal and in as much as I like Guendouzi, I'd rather a calmer/experienced head ie Elneny/Xhaka/ midfielder.

TheArsenalis

Mr litch has to start next week. Simply the best option. Chambers looks a grown man and should start too, he is confident, looks to play the ball out. I see improvement in his overall game.

On the list of midfielders thats has played through preseason. Guend and elneny should be in with a loud shouts for the early games of the season.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
We seem very much a work in progress. Unfortunately, we have a rough start. Hopefully that will not set the trajectory of our season.

Can we make top four, the season is a success.
Feel like that was inevitable given our manager is new to the league and we don't spend to mask that fact. Teething period is to be expected. Just hoping he has enough to get us back into Europe in spite of all that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom