• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel dos Santos Magalhães

Do you think Gabriel will end up signing for Arsenal?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
A set of Luiz, based on his current form, Saliba, Mari and Gabriel would sound like a defensive core that should not be shy of any other except Liverpool's in the league when properly coached by Arteta.

Huge potential there as well.
I'd consider this problem area to be solved then.

Saliba, Partey and Gabriel alone would already make me very optimistic about next year with Arteta getting a full pre-season etc.

Just short of a great new RB.

Impact

Established Member
Gabriel, Partey and Edouard or Jovic on loan seem like the most likely candidates for the summer. Given the circumstances I think that would be a terrific window along with Mari, Saliba and Cedric.

If Lacazette goes, we should buy a left-winger. Aubameyang on the wing is an accomodation and not something to build on.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
How are you funding that? Show me your workings.

*flexes brain*

Lacazette to Atletico and Partey to us, even as a straight swap I'd be cool with but there will likely be cash either way maybe £10M or so.

We are likely to have £30-40M to spend on transfers regardless which would be put down on Gabriel or Edouard.

After that shifting Mikky, Sokratis, Mustafi, Elneny and other deadwood would comfortably get enough for the other and maybe even one more.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Honestly with links to guys like Gabriel and Partey, who'd be around 35/50M each I have no idea how we'd afford this tbh, maybe before everything came to a halt we'd be able to do it but now?

It's why I am going to allow most these rumours until we actually know if we have money to spend, is it possible we have transfer money set aside that covid hasn't affected as Stan's injection has helped other cash flow areas in the organisation? Honestly f*ck knows.

What I will say is these two links are very promising and we seem to again be targeting the players we need that fit a system.

Not sold 100% on this Gabriel for 30M though but deffo a better suited than Axel.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Honestly with links to guys like Gabriel and Partey, who'd be around 35/50M each I have no idea how we'd afford this tbh, maybe before everything came to a halt we'd be able to do it but now?

It's why I am going to allow most these rumours until we actually know if we have money to spend, is it possible we have transfer money set aside that covid hasn't affected as Stan's injection has helped other cash flow areas in the organisation? Honestly f*ck knows.

What I will say is these two links are very promising and we seem to again be targeting the players we need that fit a system.

Not sold 100% on this Gabriel for 30M though but deffo a better suited than Axel.

Surely you cant be thinking like that?

Players won't be purchased for at least another month or so. The clubs obviously planning on the sales of 5 or 6 players and we will most likely have a 30-40m budget.

You swap Partey with Lacazette and expend near to nothing. You do a deal for Gabriel of 6m a year over 5 years. Its not difficult.

OnlyOne

Trusted ⭐

Surely you cant be thinking like that?

Players won't be purchased for at least another month or so. The clubs obviously planning on the sales of 5 or 6 players and we will most likely have a 30-40m budget.

You swap Partey with Lacazette and expend near to nothing. You do a deal for Gabriel of 6m a year over 5 years. Its not difficult.

Jeeeez well cheers mate didn't realise you were currently a financial expert at a football club with an insight into how operations will run to to covid?

All jokes aside you need to be realistic, all signs are pointing towards many clubs being at financial disadvantages, whether that means the market will deflate completely and transfers will go ahead as normal I ma not sure .

Imo it'll be much more difficult to shift on players so I don't think we'll raise as much as we'd like, swaps are all fine but whats to say Atleti actually want Lacazette and if he wants to go there etc?

Simply put in my opinion this window will be very difficult as currently there's so many unknowns.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
---------------Leno
--?---- Saliba Gabriel Tierney
------ Partey --- Xhaka ----
Pepe ------ Özil ----- Saka
--–---- Eduard/Auba

This would look much more balanced and has a
high ceiling.
Don't fight me for Xhaka and Özil as they are very likely to be there under Arteta, especially Xhaka. Thus you gotta put them in.
Also Luiz most probably playing with Saliba/ Gabriel rotated.

Matteo, Martinelli, Nketiah, Willock, AMN? and Nelson is quite some talent on the bench then as well.

Not given up on Bellerin totally and he might get the spot, but I'd favor real talent to compete with him at the very least.

Maybe Balogun and John-Jules to join in at some point..

Very interesting side overall, if this would be what we were to get.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Jeeeez well cheers mate didn't realise you were currently a financial expert at a football club with an insight into how operations will run to to covid?

All jokes aside you need to be realistic, all signs are pointing towards many clubs being at financial disadvantages, whether that means the market will deflate completely and transfers will go ahead as normal I ma not sure .

Imo it'll be much more difficult to shift on players so I don't think we'll raise as much as we'd like, swaps are all fine but whats to say Atleti actually want Lacazette and if he wants to go there etc?

Simply put in my opinion this window will be very difficult as currently there's so many unknowns.

Oh yeah it will be a difficult window for most teams but getting -

£10M for Mikky
£5M for Elneny
£15M for Sokratis and Mustafi

Isn't beyond the realms of possibility. That alone pays for one of the players we supposedly want.

OnlyOne

Trusted ⭐

Oh yeah it will be a difficult window for most teams but getting -

£10M for Mikky
£5M for Elneny
£15M for Sokratis and Mustafi

Isn't beyond the realms of possibility. That alone pays for one of the players we supposedly want.

I mean yeah it's possible that does, but I wonder if the money we receive from transfers may be used to fund other areas in the business that we've lost substantial amounts on due to the virus.

Just worried things won't be that easy. There's talk that Liverpool again won't be spending this summer.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I mean yeah it's possible that does, but I wonder if the money we receive from transfers may be used to fund other areas in the business that we've lost substantial amounts on due to the virus.

Just worried things won't be that easy. There's talk that Liverpool again won't be spending this summer.

You'd like to think reports of Stan pumping money in would cover the losses of the other areas of the business. We will see I guess!

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
I really like him from what I've seen on youtube. Pretty strong and great build but knows how to use his body without over extending. Good tackling technique both in staying on his feet and going to ground. Good composue and seems to have a very calm confidence so doesn't panic into being rash. Decent on the ball and can only get better with time.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Is this guy any good is my main concern. Never heard of him until a month a go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom