• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel dos Santos Magalhães

Do you think Gabriel will end up signing for Arsenal?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Top 4 is more a modern thing so I'm not sure why he would've used that in reference to them.

Looked up their honors, they have more league titles than I thought so fair play to them.

I take it he means Everton are historically one of the top four biggest clubs in England...

1. Liverpool
2. United
3. Arsenal
4. Everton

...I guess this would be it...Chelsea have probably overtaken Everton now though.

Reactions: A_G

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I think people need to chill a bit with these highly-rated young CB's, and that goes for Saliba too, and Upamecano if he joins. Like sure they can be good players, but it takes time. Davinson Sanchez was one of the hottest prospects on the market after starring for Ajax, and Sp*rs bought him for 40m. Has he come in and set the world alight? Of course not, he needs time.

Who's been the standout defensive player in Europe this season? Diego Carlos at Sevilla, a 27 year old who's spent years learning the game away from the spotlight.

Gabriel could be an exception, as could Saliba, but as a rule I think people get way too excited about young CB's.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Although when you look at their attributes in combination you see a partnership that can potentially do just about everything. So maybe do get excited, I dunno.

Eces7rrXQAAwTqU

say yes

forum master baiter
I think people need to chill a bit with these highly-rated young CB's, and that goes for Saliba too, and Upamecano if he joins. Like sure they can be good players, but it takes time. Davinson Sanchez was one of the hottest prospects on the market after starring for Ajax, and Sp*rs bought him for 40m. Has he come in and set the world alight? Of course not, he needs time.

Who's been the standout defensive player in Europe this season? Diego Carlos at Sevilla, a 27 year old who's spent years learning the game away from the spotlight.

Gabriel could be an exception, as could Saliba, but as a rule I think people get way too excited about young CB's.
Yeah spot on. Most important attribute in the CB position is experience. Would be surprised if we were interested in this chap given how many CBs we already have on the books.

ChefMan21

I agree. I can see as much short-medium term value in a Lascelles-type player as I can in a wonderkid. One brings you immediate benefits, whereas the other brings potential - and often larger - benefits.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

United should go for him, he’s better value than Ake and he’s has a lot more potential.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Top 4 is a modern CL related grouping. But then you have the “traditional big 5” which is an older thing, and that’s where Everton fit in, along with Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal and Sp**s.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
GDeep back then vs now :

Kane-1.jpg

When they chant "He's one of our own"...are they doing that to try and convince themselves that their best player didn't celebrate the time Arsenal Invincibles won the league at their **** hole of a ground...embarrassing club they are :lol:

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
It's okay, we have Mari....

Joke is they aren't far off being the same price. But yeah we have the slow, lacking agility centre back while the young, athletic agile one will go to a rival.

I swear Mari is much cheaper, no? Also Flamengo fans seem to have really loved him in Brazil and were very sad that he left, which is usually a good sign. Although I agree it's a shame he's not quicker. But who knows, maybe he's a good defender.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

We always make the same mistakes, Mari wasn’t necessary as he was only brought in as cover but now we’re stuck with another average defender.

Gabriel Magalhães for 22m is a bargain especially in this current market. I’m not surprised though as we did miss out on Soyuncu too.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
If we miss out on this guy for that price just because of having signed Mari I'd be livid. Guy is a beast of a CB and absolute perfect compliment to Saliba. Mari has hardly featured and has a big injury already because of being too slow.

Leo_ense_

AnthonyG Survivor
Typical ***** in here crying for no reason. How many have you have actually sat down and watched Gabriel enough to form an opinion on him?:lol::lol::lol:

Ligue 1 experts and Lille scouts on this forum coming out of the woodwork

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom