• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel Magalhães: O Monstro

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
And how can it be, when I have been right about most things?

Do you know what ironic means?

Seriously? You say that “people who are wrong won’t change their minds” - then basically say you’re always right and now you’re asking me if I know what ironic means?

I can’t deal with this 😂 😂

It’s even worse then yesterday when you responded to “you should self reflect” with “no you self reflect!” 😂

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Do you really expect Gabriel to come out and say that his head was turned? How do you think that would have gone down with Arsenal fans? You have to read between the lines yeah, these guys are media trained they won’t come and spell out all the gory details for guys like you that only want to understand things in literal terms.
Of course not, but I have explained why it is not likely at all that Gabriel wanted to quit his career for a few years by going to go to Saudi's, from one of the best young teams in the world where he is a clear starter.
You’re also arguing against yourself anyway in saying (a) he never thought about leaving and (b) Arteta thought it was a risk.
I am not saying he never thought about leaving. It's 100% sure he thought about it if there was an offer. How could he not? It makes no sense. He would have to be knocked out cold and done a lobotomy instantly he heard about it, to be able not to think about it. :lol:

It was a risk psychologically that Gabriel was not focused, even if he didn't want to leave. Gabriel clearly says this in the quote, that Arteta explained it to him.

This is why Arteta had to explain to him the situation, and why it was hard for Gabriel to accept being on the bench for a while, because he wanted to play and thought naturally himself that this has zero effect on him mentally. But Arteta is the manager, and he takes everything into account, and this issue has multiple factors affecting which I have explained.
Why did Arteta think it was a risk if Gabriel’s head was never turned? This is a contradiction.

At the time I thought it was a tactical thing and I gave @A_G plenty of **** for it but when these quotes came out it was settled for me.

Ps: as for the “had to be” that you’re hung up on, this is just semantics.
It's not semantics, it's the main point. There isn't anything saying he had to be convinced in the quote. You guys are saying it's semantics, because you don't have anything to back yourself up, but I do. And have asked for proof for your suggestion, and you have none.

drippin

Seriously? You say that “people who are wrong won’t change their minds” - then basically say you’re always right and now you’re asking me if I know what ironic means?

I can’t deal with this 😂 😂

It’s even worse then yesterday when you responded to “you should self reflect” with “no you self reflect!” 😂
I have not said I'm always right, I just said no one can be always right.

I'm not saying people who are wrong won't change their minds either.

I just said that usually those who have been wrong, see what they want to see. It's pretty easy to understand.

And you just proved my point, because you see things in my post that are not there.

db10_therza

Trusted ⭐

I am not saying he never thought about leaving. It's 100% sure he thought about it if there was an offer. How could he not? It makes no sense. He would have to be knocked out cold and done a lobotomy instantly he heard about it, to be able not to think about it. :lol:

It was a risk psychologically that Gabriel was not focused, even if he didn't want to leave.

This is why Arteta had to explain to him the situation

Interesting. So you’re saying that Gabriel did indeed think about leaving, and Arteta had to “explain the situation” to him, presumably to make Gabriel understand completely that Arsenal was the right place for him to be and persuade him to forget about all that Saudi money?

If only there was a word in the English language that encapsulated what went down during this “explain the situation to him” moment…

1714219259345.png

drippin

Interesting. So you’re saying that Gabriel did indeed think about leaving, and Arteta had to “explain the situation” to him, presumably to make Gabriel understand completely that Arsenal was the right place for him to be and persuade him to forget about all that Saudi money?

If only there was a word in the English language that encapsulated what went down during this “explain the situation to him” moment…

View attachment 23864
"Had to be convinced" suggests that he wanted to leave, and Arteta changed his mind. It's very clear.

Where in the quote it says he had to be convinced and his mind to be changed?

I have asked it multiple times now, and you keep dodging the question with semantics or just by ignoring it.

If you didn't mean it like that, just explain it? Why the need to have arguments go like this?

HattoriHanzo

At the time, Arteta said that Gabriel knows why is he benched.
Whether Arteta convinced him to stay, or it was completely Gabriel's decison, who cares?
It is important that he stayed, and that he will get new, improved contract (hopefully).

db10_therza

Trusted ⭐

"Had to be convinced" suggests that he wanted to leave, and Arteta changed his mind. It's very clear.

It really doesn’t. Again I refer you to the definition of convince I posted.

Unless you now also want to tell the good folks of Merriam and Webster how they also have this all wrong?

db10_therza

Trusted ⭐

Where in the quote it says he had to be convinced and his mind to be changed?

I have asked it multiple times now, and you keep dodging the question with semantics or just by ignoring it.

It’s really annoying how you keep editing your posts btw.

I’ve had enough of this **** so I’m gonna break it down for you by treating you like the five year old that frankly you are behaving like. You are completely shameless and deserve absolutely no respect at this point so you shall receive none.

The word “convince” in the English language does NOT mean or suggest or imply that someone is fixed on a particular course of action and needs to completely reorient his beliefs. It can (and very often does) mean that someone is simply unsure of his/her next course of action and can be persuaded either way. The conversation that causes them to commit, that conversation would be called “convincing”.

If we say Gabriel was convinced to stay, this DOES NOT imply that he was set on leaving. It simply means he was unsure, or unsettled. And Mikel persuaded him that the best place for him is at the Arsenal. It’s that simple.

Fk my life this has been painful. Go back to school honestly.

drippin

It really doesn’t. Again I refer you to the definition of convince I posted.

Unless you now also want to tell the good folks of Merriam and Webster how they also have this all wrong?
The problem for your argument then is, that if you agree that his mind didn't have to be changed at all about leaving, you agree with my point that he wasn't convinced about leaving.

You suggested his head was turned.

What you're basically now arguing, is that Arteta only explained to him why he needed to stay (which is in the quote). Which is what I have said from the beginning in my argument. :lol:

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
You're not even arguing, because you can't point out or have anything to back yourself up.

You kept suggesting Gabriel will leave and put fear into other fans on this forum at the time, and were wrong. And I argued against it at the time, and was right that he won't be sold.

I owned up being wrong about Mudryk against you, but you can't own up being wrong about Gabriel.
I didn’t put fear, I posted links from very reliable journalists saying Saudi were in for him. Gunnerblog reiterated this in January.

“He told me why I had to stay” is very easy to understand.

drippin

I didn’t put fear, I posted links from very reliable journalists saying Saudi were in for him. Gunnerblog reiterated this in January.
I remember pushing back against the links you put, and you argued against me.
“He told me why I had to stay” is very easy to understand.
It's very easy to understand, that Arteta has to explain it to him no matter what. It doesn't mean Gabriel's head was turned so he had to be convinced to stay.

Gabriel said, "I wanted to play". Do you think it's at all controversial that he would at the same time want to leave?

I'm not sure why people here want to believe one of the greatest Arsenal CB's in a long time, and a future club legend, wanted to leave for money and throw away his football career by going to Saudi's when it makes zero sense.

It would have made sense if Arsenal was still the banter club.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
I remember pushing back against the links you put, and you argued against me.
Because you’d rather deny obvious links than face the reality. Dropping Gabriel makes zero sense since he’s played plenty with Zinny.

It's very easy to understand, that Arteta has to explain it to him no matter what. It doesn't mean Gabriel's head was turned so he had to be convinced to stay.

Gabriel said, "I wanted to play". Do you think it's at all controversial that he would at the same time want to leave?

I'm not sure why people here want to believe one of the greatest Arsenal CB's in a long time, and a future club legend, wanted to leave for money and throw away his football career by going to Saudi's when it makes zero sense.

It would have made sense if Arsenal was still the banter club.
Very easy to understand why he would tempted by life changing money in Saudi at his age, but you do you.

drippin

Because you’d rather deny obvious links than face the reality. Dropping Gabriel makes zero sense since he’s played plenty with Zinny.
Where have I denied the links? I have denied any big possibility for him leaving for numerous reasons, and was right because he didn't leave, and is already talking about an extension. I think I said it would take 150-200 million pounds or something, for Arteta to even consider it at the end of the window.
Very easy to understand why he would tempted by life changing money in Saudi at his age, but you do you.
It makes sense for players who are in a much worse situation and/or older. Gabriel is a wise young man. He will swim in riches even at Arsenal, and at the same time being at an environment he loves, while trying to manifest what he has dreamt of since a child, by winning big trophies.

Yeah, I do me, seeing Gabriel as a wise man who won't do silly things to get more and more money, when he will be a multi millionaire anyway. And go to Saudi's afterwards if he wants to.

Why would he extend btw? He could leave for Saudi's much easier now with a shorter contract. And when Arsenal could get ready for losing him, unlike at the end of the window.

Arsenal Quotes

We lacked a little bit of sharpness

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom