• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel Martinelli: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
R9 is the greatest anyway, for me. I fell in love with football during France '98!

Think anyone who ever watched him play, will always consider him the best...he is the first person I think of when I think about football, even above Henry (my fav player) Ronaldo just has this mystic about him that no one else has, not even Zidane...he is football!

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Think anyone who ever watched him play, will always consider him the best...he is the first person I think of when I think about football, even above Henry (my fav player) Ronaldo just has this mystic about him that no one else has, not even Zidane...he is football!
What. I think Messi is clearly the better player.

Actually cant believe anyone would put r9 ahead of him.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Messi has done it for longer but in terms of sheer one of a kind talent, it’s not that clear cut for some of us who watched footy in the 90s.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Just the opposite. How could anyone put Messi ahead of the true Ronaldo? That man was magic.
I'm not saying R9 isn't magic. It's just Messi is out of this world ridicilous.

You cant understand why anyone would put the best goalscorer of all time and probably one of the best assisters of all time. The best(most effective at least, he's not Ronaldinho with the skillmoves) dribbler of all time. The person who has had the best season of all time ahead of R9?

Edit: He actually has most assists of all time according to random internet sources at least.

HaffBR

Designer of fancy pyramids
Cruyff for example had around 400 assists under wide-ish rules. Pelé and Di Stefano had a lot too, potentially (and probably) over 300.. Laudrup and even some names like Riquelme, Alex de Souza too etc. All time maybe means 00s to now probably. For me if R9 hadn't been injured just about enter to his peak/in his peak and had stayed in Barcelona he would be one of the best of all time (likely TOP3-5), he had a talent at the level of the ones of Pelé, Messi, Cruyff and Maradona, the latter not as consistent as the others tho.

Back to the earth, Martinelli looking like he was saving energy a bit today compared to the other matches, but still above average imo. He was taking his time.

Last edited:

Oh_Snap

Just...Real, Barca, Juve, Bayern, City ... just let us have him for 2 more seasons before he breaks our heart.

JoaoFelix

Messi is clearly the best player ever. Cr7 is up there with him. R9 as brillant he was his peak didnt last cause of his injuries. He’s still one of the greatest player we’ve ever seen but not ahead of Messi and CR7. They’ve accomplished so much these past 15 years, we shouldnt compare them to anyone.

Manberg

Predator
Can we talk about Martin Nelly on the Martinelli thread?

Good performance despite not scoring. He was moving all over the place, looking for space and finding it.

Reactions: roz

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Understated but another really good performance. Hard running, direct dribbling and pressing from the front along with Nketiah.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
That flick pass for Saka...

He’s getting better every single week. He’s looked like both a top class striker and winger! Hats off to Edu- this was a phenomenal purchase.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.

Was about to post this. R9 at 18 was a sight. He was cheeky and full of belief because he knew he had talent and that he could pull stuff off oh he got a sniff.

For all his faults and injuries, be reinvented himself twice after the his knees went. Even managed to get a couple of good games for Corinthians.

He had something about him and Nelly has it too. Hopefully he is managed properly.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Was about to post this. R9 at 18 was a sight. He was cheeky and full of belief because he knew he had talent and that he could pull stuff off oh he got a sniff.

For all his faults and injuries, be reinvented himself twice after the his knees went. Even managed to get a couple of good games for Corinthians.

He had something about him and Nelly has it too. Hopefully he is managed properly.

I only got to see Ronaldo post the knee injuries unfortunately, but as you say he was still top class, was great for Real Madrid in his first few years there...around that time he was at worst, the 2nd best striker to Henry at that time...the 2002 Brazil team, is one of my fav teams to watch that wasn't Arsenal.

My dad bought me a dvd of the 1998 World Cup, but just from the perspective of Ronaldo...I loved how Henry would drift anywhere, and just destroy teams for us...but Ronaldo at his peak used to do that, but somehow even better...perfect physical and technical player.

Maybe it is an age thing, but Ronaldo just has an aura to me that no one will reach...and I do believe if he wasn't injured, he would have been better than Messi, and be the best footballer ever.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
If Ronaldinho excited about Martinelli then everyone should be. Hard to Compare with Ronaldo because Ronaldo was just special the guy scored 42 goals and he not even 20 years at PSV.

Martinelli in right path everyone impressed by his workrate and
attitude people at his age always try to mix between enjoying life and football but Martinelli seem only focus in his football and that so mature for his age.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Messi has done it for longer but in terms of sheer one of a kind talent, it’s not that clear cut for some of us who watched footy in the 90s.
Leave it to Macho to somehow make every post condescending. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I think without doubt that Bergkamp is the most talented player to have played for Arsenal in the past 30 years, for as long as I can remember

Liam Brady
Top Bottom