• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel Martinelli: Top Tear

Status
Not open for further replies.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Smith-Rowe

I love watching his compilations from last season :drool:

Only one in our team who looks like scoring from headers especially when we have a great crosser in KT

EDIT: look at 6:15 can't believe Laca failed to hit the target after Martinelli does so wonderfully to set it up

Last edited:

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

but even now on the wing he's aggressive and tries to make stuff happen
Genuinely think this is why Arteta didn’t want to play him. He’s a high risk player and I don’t think he wanted the turnovers.

He’ll definitely get a chance though so just needs to make himself undroppable. I wish him luck.

Last I read he wasn’t meant to be playing until Jan so this is exciting.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Genuinely think this is why Arteta didn’t want to play him. He’s a high risk player and I don’t think he wanted the turnovers.

He’ll definitely get a chance though so just needs to make himself undroppable. I wish him luck.

Yeah he is a very direct player with high risk game. So a lot of turnovers, but a lot of decisive play as well. He is also not very tactical, has that fearless game young players have. I really hope Arteta don’t coach this out of him. It’s like taking Alexis Sanchez and try to make him safer player. He would have become half the player

Wryer

Don’t do it to yourself man. The players aren’t the issue. :lol:

:lol: give me something to hope please.

I'll not go into the tactics v players discussion but am genuinely excited about Martinelli. He's shown enough to indicate he's a cut above the other 'young talents' we have. Just needs the time and development. The injury was just extremely untimely.

Jae

Get this lad back in the team, he's class. Auba inside, Martinelli LW, Saka LCM and watch us steam roll people. Don't think it'll happen though.

I don't know whether to be sad or happy that two of our best players are only 19 :lol:

Wryer

I think Martinelli's natural game is best suited as No. 9, but can also see the benefits of him developing outwide. I love how he prowls and moves in the penalty box, I see abit of the late-career RVP in him, when it was all about timing and immaculate finishing.

My only concern is there is no real penalty box striker that he could learn from in the club.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless

True. Now that we have defensive stability and Partey, hopefully we can find a way to get our more direct players namely Auba, Saka and Martinelli in a system that suits them.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
He wasn't. Played in Aubas absence and scored. Then when Auba came back he got dropped and barely featured.

Arteta prefers Nketiah at cf. I fully expect Martinelli to be used sparingly and when he is used, it will probably be on the right where he is least effective.
Or he's gonna be a LCB who will transition to RF when we are on the ball, who knows anymore

Gooner1988TK

Gabby over laca and Eddie, no doubt in my mind. Arteta would be a fool not to play him, ask klopp about Gabby!!

I have no idea why post lockdown he was not featuring. Arteta better stop the nonsense and play him regularly. He’s one of the first names on the sheet for me.

Kav

Established Member
I have no idea why post lockdown he was not featuring. Arteta better stop the nonsense and play him regularly. He’s one of the first names on the sheet for me.

Arteta will probably try to turn him into a WB/LB. The only thing Mr. Non-negotiables knows is to defend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom