<

General Reserves Talk

Discussion in 'The Arsenal Academy Page' started by M+D, Aug 3, 2010.

1. GDeep™

GDeep™ Has Never Seen Our New Signings Play

I guess it’s a punt and you have nothing to lose. Bit like signing Sanogo, Bischoff etc.

2. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Dishonest To His Federation

Not sure these kinds of deals work. Bramall, Bischoff, Guendouz, etc. But who knows?

3. Tir Na Nog

Tir Na Nog In Big Trouble If He Speaks

4. RunTheTrap

RunTheTrap Well-Known Member

I see, I’m looking forward to them. I am desperate for another line breaker and dribbler in the team.

5. GoonerJeeves

GoonerJeeves Up The Terriers

Had you been 19, we'd sign you!

6. jmsmtthw28

jmsmtthw28 Well-Known Member Trusted

I see zero downside to a deal like this, he will play for the reserves if he impresses then he will get a chance for the first team.

GoonerJeeves and GDeep™ like this.
  7. MutableEarth

MutableEarth Bloody awesome NSFW avatars Trusted

This is a straight-to-u23 signing. He impressed on trial, let's see how he progresses.

Elite Smarts and GDeep™ like this.
  8. balthazar

balthazar Well-Known Member

Probably just a business move. Buy him for cheaps, develop his talents, sell him for profit to the championship. If he surprises and is good enough for the first team, well, great.

Sanchez11 and zilfy like this.

#254 Well-Known Member

Fixed;)

Symbia likes this.
  10. dbig

dbig Well-Known Member

You're probably born two decades early. Might have had a chance to play for us otherwise.

11. Wrighty4eva

Wrighty4eva Well-Known Member

It's not like this guy is some sort of youngster, he'll be 20 next month, he wasn't even good enough for bloody Ipswich, he was playing in the Norwegian third division of football where hes not even getting game time,

he must have some sort of connection to the club to have gotten a trial. I swear these signings are such a waste of resources, But I forget he have become a retirement home/charity of late, welcome aboard lad enjoy your free access to the training facilities and spa room.

Marjorie, Maybe and krengon like this.
  12. Gooner416

Gooner416 Well-Known Member

He’ll be released within two years. Some linking this to the Rwanda sponsorship as that’s his background.

Wrighty4eva likes this.
  13. Sanchez11

Sanchez11 Superior Journalist To Charles Watts

We should be doing more of this.

Elite Smarts likes this.
  14. TromsoGooner

TromsoGooner Well-Known Member

Mavropanos and Osei Tutu both starting when Nuremburg and Bochum meet in half an hour. Would have liked to watch the game but not showing here in Norway.

15. krengon

krengon One Arsene Wenger Trusted

If he's struggling to get game time in the norwegian 3rd division at 19/20, a championship move is very optimistic.. Realistically he won't reach that level.

16. yybecause

yybecause Formerly known as ArsenaLover

must be stupid to dislike those transfers

17. Maybe

Maybe Well-Known Member

Exactly that, and I'm sure we could've found some local London boys who would've enjoyed that as well

18. GDeep™

GDeep™ Has Never Seen Our New Signings Play

We probably are finding local London boys too. Football is about taking punts.

Nothing wrong with this deal at all.

Maybe likes this.
  19. TromsoGooner

TromsoGooner Well-Known Member

Mavropanos off at HT with a muscle injury apparently. Hopefully not too serious, last thing he needs is another big injury.

Afro Mugo likes this.
  20. Afro Mugo

Afro Mugo Well-Known Member

Update on next year's u18s. I think that'll probably be Arsenal's biggest ever scholar intake. I think 13 were offered scholarships . Only 3 have been released from the u16s. I might be wrong but that's the whispers I've heard. Remy Mitchell GK,
    Pedro Virginia GK Zach Awe CB Taylor Foran CB, Zane Monlouis CB, Brooke Norton Cuffy RB, James Sweet CM, Mauro Bandeira CM, Charlie Patino CM, Omari Hutchinson CAM/W, Khayon Edwards CF , Billy Vigar CF,
    *Luigi Gaspar CM
    *Henry Jeffcott LB

Last edited: May 30, 2020
    MutableEarth likes this.