General Reserves Talk

Discussion in 'The Arsenal Academy Page' started by M+D, Aug 3, 2010.

1. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

2. deleted. What did it say?

3. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

Balogun might leave in the summer, Brentford bid £5m for him in January.

4. Afro Mugo

Afro Mugo Well-Known Member

Balogun shares an agent with Saka, Nelson, Sancho, Clinton Mola, Josh Maja. Only Saka hasn't gone abroad so I won't be surprised if Balogun leaves . Unfortunately both Nketiah and TJJ are ahead of him and he is at an age where he needs first team football. He signed his pro last year so he might still have two years left. We can get a decent fee and add a clause if we wish.

American_Gooner likes this.
  5. Hunta

Hunta Shivering Right Now Trusted

Similar situation to Saka/Amaechi it seems like with TJJ/Balogun. Alarm bells were ringing when TJJ went on tour last summer and then signed a new deal. Balogun has only trained with the first team a few times.

Not sure what we can do, even if Aubameyang and Lacazette go he still has Nketiah, Martinelli and TJJ ahead of him, even if I rate him higher than Nketiah.

6. RunTheTrap

RunTheTrap Well-Known Member

How tall is Daniel Ballard and what are his pros and cons? He might need to step up sooner than later.

7. Afro Mugo

Afro Mugo Well-Known Member

Ballard is tall probably 6'2" . He's a very good passer of the ball and a good tackler as well plus he plays with a lot of grit and passion . He hasn't played for almost 9 months because of his knee injury then Covid situation came just as he was to return to u23 football. If he had played consistently I would have said its a good idea to throw him in but I wouldnt want his confidence shattered. Sheaf would have been a better idea if rules allowed. I still think Ballard needs a good loan spell or two and so does Medley . None is ready to be thrown into this pile of mess

hydrofluoric acid likes this.
  8. Dutch D

Dutch D Well-Known Member

I'm not counting on Medley ever becoming a player for us. The few times I've seen him he's been incredibly suspect defensively. Looks decent on the ball, though.

9. Tom349

Tom349 Well-Known Member

Every highlights Arsenal player release tends to have a player running in behind him with him having zero awareness of whats going on.

10. MutableEarth

MutableEarth Bloody awesome NSFW avatars Trusted

Have a bit of this.

11. MutableEarth

Back in training according to Jeorge Bird. Very happy to hear - he's been out for almost a year but hope he can impress in training and be included. Would prefer him to be back-up than Macey tbh.

12. Who is more highly rated and/or has the higher potential between Okonkwo and Hein?

13. Ey it looks like hit a growth spurt

MutableEarth likes this.
  14. MutableEarth

Okonkwo definitely. Has the height, is a good shot-stopper, commands his area well and is good with the ball at his feet. Hein is very good at shot-stopping but not much else. He's very similar to Iliev IMO but better.

oh to be a goon likes this.
  15. MutableEarth

With Guendouzi potentially leaving and a possible rebuild on the way, this represents an amazing opportunity for players like Miguel Azeez and Matt Smith - two creative midfielders who are similarly ball progressing midfielders like the aforementioned Guendouzi. It will be interesting to see how that pans out. I'll elaborate a little later but I have to do some work!

RunTheTrap and oh to be a goon like this.
  16. field442

field442 Hates Journalists Named James

Balogun leaving.

17. boonthegoon

boonthegoon Well-Known Member

Balogun :( I liked him more than nketiah and tjj in the youth sides. Contract ending or are we selling?

oh to be a goon likes this.
  18. Football Manager

Football Manager Broken Record

Can't be real...

19. field442

field442 Hates Journalists Named James

Contract ends in 2021 and we couldn’t agree a new one so we’re selling. Can sort of understand it on his part with Martinelli and Nketiah both ahead of him and a similar age. I hope we put in a buyback clause.